News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

nice picture :) i am sure that green grass square is reserved :) for the Majestic Cathedral !

about the bath house - epidemic ? no ! it wasnt planned at all !!

i guess i will have to start a new profession for it ! :S (and if it happended to the bath house, surely same will happend to the barber/dentist :(

what would be a good english name for a profession taking care of those 3 buildings ? something linked to : health care person.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

so.. I will use your bakery considered is a vegan village.. in Italy the bread is bread.. flour, water, salt and oil.. absolutely never milk!
I try to tell, but seems in the rest of the world the milk in bread is absolutely normal..
for the windmill and watermill depend by the size because I want put all in 12x25 included medieval houses and grainsilos!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 28, 2015, 09:50:20 AM
about the bath house - epidemic ? no ! it wasnt planned at all !!
i guess i will have to start a new profession for it ! :S (and if it happended to the bath house, surely same will happend to the barber/dentist :(
what would be a good english name for a profession taking care of those 3 buildings ? something linked to : health care person.
Oh wow.. did not see this happen yet.. maybe remove the 'happiness' circle like Bobbi's special doctor house ?
medieval era  barber / dentist usually was one person : the barber / barber physician,
but care taker of bath house.. hmm no clue.  what about nurse or doctor.. i believe General Practitioner comes closest : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_practitioner

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 28, 2015, 11:40:15 AM
in Italy the bread is bread.. flour, water, salt and oil.. absolutely never milk!
I try to tell, but seems in the rest of the world the milk in bread is absolutely normal..
In the Netherlands you can pick your type of bread. Basic consists of flour, yeast, bit of salt, bit of sugar, water  and of course either oil,butter or margarine. There is something called 'Melkwit'  (Milky white) which does contain milk, to make it smoother softer taste and higher nutritional value, but the most bread types are without milk.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Glenn

Hello all,

With the problem with the flashing and vanishing graphics the source of the problem does appear to be in the dx. My laptop was set on dx 9 so I changed it to dx 11 and this appears to have fixed things. I only ran the game for about 30 minutes after the change and the flashing and vanishing images had stopped. I will run the game for an hour or two tonight and see what happens.
However at this stage it appears that when I loaded the 0.7 mod I simply overloaded my laptop.
Mind you when I made the changes my screen went black for a minute before the game restarted and i thought 'crap' what have I done -- actually I thought something a little less polite.

On another topic does any one think it may be possible to create a ground lowering tool so we can create more rivers or lakes that link in with what was orginally created by the game. You could also build a network of canals.

I haven't been able to find a map that is what I am looking for -- what i would like to do is create a very large map with mountains and have a large central lake where i can build a massive water front -- you can create something similar in a large or medium map, but I haven't as yet found one in a CC very large map.

All the best
Glenn

Gatherer

@RedKetchup

NMT Library needs fixing too. Right now it works as a chapel and requires a cleric profession instead of a librarian.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on April 29, 2015, 02:44:02 AM
@RedKetchup

NMT Library needs fixing too. Right now it works as a chapel and requires a cleric profession instead of a librarian.

yup intentional
:)

i tried to make less new profession as possible. lot of people use CC:EA and they add like +50 profession, the list is already way too looooong.
this is why i ve took cleric to fill couple of jobs, and took doctors too to fill couple of jobs :)

btw ... i played abit tonight !!!!!!!! yeah right, you didnt misread ^^.but my village isnt big though, around 50 peeps, using all my mods :)
i can say : it really change the game. it looks like i ve put an end to the endless fields of crops. i have 3 little crops, very little... and that s enough for my little communauty.
a fishing dock, i started with milky cows, i ve put a beekeeper... and thats super nice !

i have a butcher in front of my pasture and next to meat vendor.... i can say, people loves my meat vendor, it is very popular in my little village :)
i really have the impression it is a real village :) finished the long patch of crop covering all the map ! hehe

edit : oh also finished the long row of barns everywhere too !

chillzz

Quote from: Glenn on April 28, 2015, 07:29:34 PM
With the problem with the flashing and vanishing graphics the source of the problem does appear to be in the dx. My laptop was set on dx 9 so I changed it to dx 11 and this appears to have fixed things. I only ran the game for about 30 minutes after the change and the flashing and vanishing images had stopped.

Good to hear changing type of DirectX solved the problem.

Quote from: Glenn on April 28, 2015, 07:29:34 PMHowever at this stage it appears that when I loaded the 0.7 mod I simply overloaded my laptop.Mind you when I made the changes my screen went black for a minute before the game restarted and i thought 'crap' what have I done -- actually I thought something a little less polite.
Do you have any other mods installed? is the orginal game so much faster, even with 100/500/1000 citizens?
Banished isn't a game with huge system requirements, but with large amounts of buildings, citizens etc. the game will slow down.
I have several machines and after playing a while, banished can get them on their knees.

Desktop AMD X6 6 core Phenom - 3200mhz, 8gb memory, built in ATI GPU on motherboard. 2gb video ram. i play the game on medium resolution, with shadows off... else the game will be unplayable after a while.

Desktop I5 - 4 core 3400mhz, 8gb memory, build in GPU on motherboard, 2gb video ram. i play the game on medium resolution, with shadows off.. else the game will be unplayable after a while.

Laptop I7 - 4 core 2170mhz, 8gb memory, build in Intel GPU with 4gb dedicated video ram.. this machine can handle a bit more, so max resolution, but still shadows off.

As you can see, banished will run on any type of modern CPU.. but with all the calculations and drawing, a decent video card with dedicated video memory is a must, especially with much buildings (original or mods) and citizens.

Usually a laptop isn't build for maximum video performance, unless you actually have a gaming laptop.

Quote from: Glenn on April 28, 2015, 07:29:34 PM
On another topic does any one think it may be possible to create a ground lowering tool so we can create more rivers or lakes that link in with what was orginally created by the game. You could also build a network of canals.

At the moment there is a mod called 'flattening tool', which will flatten out any mountains, rivers, streams or lakes to 'ground level'.
so water area's go up, mountains go down = all flat.

But actually digging canals, or for that matter raising land is not yet possible.

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2015, 04:41:55 AM
btw ... i played abit tonight !!!!!!!! yeah right, you didnt misread ^^.but my village isnt big though, around 50 peeps, using all my mods :)
i can say : it really change the game. it looks like i ve put an end to the endless fields of crops. i have 3 little crops, very little... and that s enough for my little communauty.
a fishing dock, i started with milky cows, i ve put a beekeeper... and thats super nice !

i have a butcher in front of my pasture and next to meat vendor.... i can say, people loves my meat vendor, it is very popular in my little village :)
i really have the impression it is a real village :) finished the long patch of crop covering all the map ! hehe

edit : oh also finished the long row of barns everywhere too !
Awsome! looks great, and indeed your mods are a game changer :D
why do you build plain vanilla wooden houses, eh? :P

50+ jobs? damn that is crazy!
maybe there should be a general group of workers to fill sort of random jobs. caretaker or something.
Just like you did with medicinal jobs, vendor jobs and 'religion' jobs.

RedKetchup

the vanilla house are from the start mode : easy difficulty. i didnt built them.

about jobs : soon we will need to make a 'yellow pages' book to keep up :S

Nilla

Wow! @RedKetchup  plays Banished! Isn't that a bit strange?  ;)

I hope you enjoy your game.

I really don't want to complain but sorry, cannot change.  :-[ :(

The bakery; isn't it a bit too good? I think it produce more now, than from the start, isn't it so? Even if the value of pie isn't as high as it was, the profit is huge.

You need 6 apples, 8 flour and 4 honey to make 20 pie, cost 1,3 for each pie. The average annual production of my bakeries is about 1800 pie each year. That's a profit of 12 000 (!) for 2 bakers. 18 000*(8-1,3). A good brewery makes 2000-2500 for one brewer. It's OK that pie brings a good profit, you need three ingredients, but this is too much.

Gatherer

It is only too much if you trade with it.

Let them eat cake!
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: Glenn on April 28, 2015, 07:29:34 PMMind you when I made the changes my screen went black for a minute before the game restarted

That is quite normal when you load many and/or large or very large mods...

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2015, 04:41:55 AMthis is why i ve took cleric to fill couple of jobs, and took doctors too to fill couple of jobs

Good move, I really like that we can now spread clerics and doctors better, and with a nice variety of buildings - it's cool to have a dentist, an apothecary, a barber, the priceless bath house with the ultra modern olympic signage ;D  and so on... I don't care that in the end they are all "just doctors" - it adds plenty of flair to our towns.

For some of them you may want to think up some more fancy details, so they are even more different from the residential houses...?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 29, 2015, 08:53:09 AM
Wow! @RedKetchup  plays Banished! Isn't that a bit strange?  ;)

I hope you enjoy your game.

I really don't want to complain but sorry, cannot change.  :-[ :(

The bakery; isn't it a bit too good? I think it produce more now, than from the start, isn't it so? Even if the value of pie isn't as high as it was, the profit is huge.

You need 6 apples, 8 flour and 4 honey to make 20 pie, cost 1,3 for each pie. The average annual production of my bakeries is about 1800 pie each year. That's a profit of 12 000 (!) for 2 bakers. 18 000*(8-1,3). A good brewery makes 2000-2500 for one brewer. It's OK that pie brings a good profit, you need three ingredients, but this is too much.

then i ll lower the pie price to 6 instead of 8. you are making 1800 pie per year but you dont lose any ? citizens arent eating any ? your citizens are smelling the smell of pie all day and they arent allowed to eat any ? what a terrible and cruel mayor you would do ! hehe j/k

chillzz

have you actually seen todays prices of pies :O
a decent pie is much more costly then ale :P

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 29, 2015, 06:03:07 PM
you are making 1800 pie per year but you dont lose any ? citizens arent eating any ? your citizens are smelling the smell of pie all day and they arent allowed to eat any ? what a terrible and cruel mayor you would do ! hehe j/k
No way can they have pie, it's too valuable! It all goes into the TPs, just like ale.

RedKetchup