News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Let it rest.

Started by kid1293, January 20, 2024, 08:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi. It is me again.

I have taken my break seriously, and I will maybe not come back to modding.
I will visit now and then and check if anything needs fixing, but no new requests.

A little parting gift in the attachments.

:)

catty-cb

Quote from: kid1293 on January 20, 2024, 08:36:26 AM
A little parting gift in the attachments.

Thank you as always much appreciated, while a bit of me is hoping this isn't your last mod if it turns out it is then its a nice ending to your modding journey and hopefully you will continue to be visiting the forums for many years to come.

:)

brads3

sad to see u go. it is the end of an era. u were the last WOB modder here. i am grateful for all the toys u made for us. enjoy your retirement.

kid1293

Glenn

Quote from: kid1293 on January 22, 2024, 10:25:13 AM
it is itching...
As they say, one should never say never
Wait for the urge
Wait for the inspiration
Wait for the need to do something new, change something that needs changing.

Such is life. :)

taniu

@kid1293  :) :(Me and my wife are very sad, our hearts bleed that you are leaving. - you were the last great WOB modder . We are very grateful for all the wonderful mods you made for us. We are also retired,hat's why we send these words to for @ kid:
The life of a retiree is very happy,
so today we  you by good wishes.
Health, joy and no boredom,
May the hardships of everyday life pass you by.
Regards

kid1293

:) Hi @taniu
I am not actually leaving. I will be here from time to time.
There are always things to talk about. Things to fix...

taniu

@kid1293  :) ;) I know that you will visit this website,but this is not it anymore, the good times and great atmosphere, help and cooperation with other moderators in creating mods will never come back, I only regret that I couldn't help,when creating fantastic things.Regards.
    This website is my window to the world, I learned a lot and I still admire how you can diversify the game with various mods so that it is not boring. I have a question: are all the mods that were published between 2014 and 2024 for Banished now published on the Simtropolis website??? - as an archive or will there be new ones ???

galensgranny

Oh no, I am so sorry you won't be modding anymore. Your mods make the game better.  But, I suppose, after many years a person gets tired of doing some things.  Have a nice rest.

Thanks for the parting gift.  It looks great!

kid1293

Oh... I must answer.
It is not like I am going to disappear! Who knows? Maybe I need a break?

RedKetchup

you deserve a break :) there is no shame about this !

Enjoy your break and don't worry.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

catty-cb

Quote from: taniu on January 23, 2024, 02:01:02 AM
I have a question: are all the mods that were published between 2014 and 2024 for Banished now published on the Simtropolis website??? - as an archive or will there be new ones ???

Hi @taniu all of kid's 1.0.7 mods are over at Simtropolis, and kid has also uploaded @JM ModMan and @Necora Maritime Mod ... that's only a single download and it would be nice to upload all her mods as seperate downloads, but am currently uploading @kralyerg mods, previously have done all of @angainor88 and @Jinxiewinxie mods.

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/category/150-banished-mods/

I'm happy to do more uploads, but would need permission from the modder to do so and with most of them inactive am not sure it would be ok to do more even as a backup to the WoB exchange .... thru I do think I've got most of them backed up on my home computer in case of unexpected disasters

Oh and kid's mods are all here

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/category/152-kids-mods/

taniu

@koci-cb :)thank you for your honest answer. Regards

catty-cb

Quote from: taniu on January 24, 2024, 01:36:44 PM
@koci-cb :)thank you for your honest answer. Regards

Simtropolis has seen a few SC4 community websites just disappear taking the forums and file exchanges with them, if you look at the main exchange we have four categories called SimPeg, SimCityBrasil, SimCityPolska and WorkingMan Productions these are all names of websites that for whatever reason ceased to exist and someone has managed to get permission to upload some or all of the files to Simtropolis, had WoB disappeared last October I think we could have done something similiar ... certainly the club that @kid1293 set up means we are in a lot better position than we were in October   :)