News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial Houses 1.53

Started by kid1293, July 04, 2016, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st2050

kid1293, thanks for your answers! I'm just worried that instead of accumulating alcohol, the ale will constantly move to warehouses. As I understand CC requires the distribution of alcohol only via taverns. Is there a conflict?

And does The Pilgrim's Rest have hapiness radius like other taverns? How big is it?

brads3

my bani's drink the alcohol fast. too fast sometimes. i find my food production lowers cause they drink it all up.lool. but have used the pilgrim rest n not had booze in wharehouses. i usually place a small tavern near a town thou n use my pilgrim rest like a bar near my mines. only thing i ever notice is the CC dock rice still keeps most of its wine. even with a inn. it gives it up very slowly. i had so much wine in just 1 still i had to use it to trade.

kid1293

st2050 - The Pilgrims Rest has a radius of 30
and as brads3 said the alcohol stays in the tavern (but people drink it fast)

The only way to slow them down is to store it in your tradingpost.
set a reasonable limit that you want saved, a little more than is in the tavern
so that the trader keeps getting the ale almost as fast as it is produced.
Then you can release it from tradingpost in smaller batches and trader moves it
back to the tavern.

I think it is more an expensive way of role-playing. When something good
happens, all celebrate.
They don't get drunk and I don't know how happy they are.
It seems like it is the tavern which provides happiness, not the ale.

Tom Sawyer

I am watching Turn (the series) and there are your houses. I would ask for user fees.^^ Look at this ...

kid1293

Fantastic!
Now maybe I have to make diagonal houses too. :)

I didn't know my houses were this accurate.
It makes me really happy! Thanks Tom!

The Pilgrim

kid1293 I told you that you did a fantastic job.  They really look just like the houses I grew up in.

brads3

can the tailor be fixed to produce linen clothes with CC flax??? i was running some tests to organize my mod order n found a problem. i can make hide and wool coats but not linen. i thought it would produce linen with flax?? didnt work. i thought the cultured flax was from the tandy mod seems all flax for your tailor is set that way.

kid1293

You're right. I didn't think of CC flax when I made the mod.
You don't use New Flora?

brads3

up til now didnt have a need for it.  its not a big big deal. only if u was in game n have seveal tailors and set the colonial to linene clothes ,u run a risk of running out of clothes because the colonial wont b producing at all.normally by then i have hide coats built up. that was my only concern not noticing it until it would b a problem.

kid1293

The only other way is trading for New Flora flax.

I can ask Kralyerg for CC flax files and make an update.

kid1293

To make a long story short -
New Flora produces linen fabric directly from flax plants, so it's possible
make clothes directly. ('linen' is called 'flax' in New Flora)
CC 'flax' must first be processed into 'linen'!

EDIT:
Have double checked against New Flora files.
The New Flora 'linen' are in another directory so the CC files will not be found in Colonial Clothes Store.
If I include the CC files in the mod, I have to remove parts of New Flora to make things work.
I don't really want to do that. I play the game just fine without CC and there are more people doing so.

EDIT TOO: :)
What I can do is creating a 'CC only' version of Colonial Houses and
remove all connections with New Flora mod.
Think about it - NO Rosehip Jam.....

It's your call.

brads3

thats too much work for such a little glitch.just leave it n i'll b careful what i produce where. it'll b fine. i thought all flax would been the same. thx  for checking.

kid1293

I have been working on Colonial Houses and the result is:

No more New Flora resources!
That means - no linen clothes - no oat cookies - no rosehip jam.
I you can live with that you get a version better suited to work with CC.
If you want linen clothes you have to use CC. I don't want to start
a new production chain when I had one already.

This could be for the better because there will be less 'dead' menu choices.
If you don't use New Flora, I mean. I don't think anyone trades for rosehips
just to make jam...

I'll think of possible solutions to the lost products. Maybe I can get my head
into making some add-on for the New Flora mod. Should contact tanypredator
and ask if that is something she wants. I surely miss her here!

So - shall I release an opposite to an 'update'?

brads3

kidd i hope u didnt do all that work just for the linen problem i had?? i tried telling u not to. as for blank tags, with colonial below CC i have no blank tags. actually with any of the mods i am using i have the order set with no blank tags. and i used debug and spent quite a bit of time 1 day to be sure.i hate finding those tags in the middle of a game. the cookies i can make,and u are right i ignore the rosehips. evidently the "flax" for colonial is linen to CC. and CC has a flax as a crop. no offence but it seems it would b a lot of work just to change a couple items. and with all that work to change a mod,we dont gain anything. i like the looks of the buildings. it is a nice change from the vanilla styles. and some of the CC houses get to b overly fancy. more like upper class ppl would have. not really banished type people. they work in bigger towns,but not in villages or production areas. the pilgrim bar gets used a lot. it is more splendid than any of the others with its own varied ciders. also the colonial buildings are easier to build as to materials. so we can use them to help get our towns to expand and grow. to me i would rather not have u pulling your hair out n working too hard to fix a small glitch . u have made several mod packages that we players use and enjoy. i know it takes time and work to build such awesome mods . your efforts are appreciated,which is why i didnt want you to spend too much time fixing a minor glitch. it woulda been 1 thing if it was just changing a line of code somewhere. many ppl on WoB dont play with CC anyhow. those of us who do know its a give and take . that will always b since everyone has different likes and styles.

kid1293

:) I will stop pulling my hair out! :)

The reason I wrote is that I have already done all I mentioned and
I'm testing it now. I wanted to see if anyone reacted.
I also made a General Store (market) that turned out nice.

I PM you.

edit - With 'dead' menu links I mean something never used. My bad.
edit too - Don't worry. All houses still there. Made some better footprints to all.