News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial Houses 1.53

Started by kid1293, July 04, 2016, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

elemental,u mean where the paint has weathered over the years?  yes this will give options,with the fenceless pastures and decorative fences. we can add ghost animales with the open windows.a lot bigger and improved from the silo barn. then we tell Kid to build the horseshoe blacksmith with the horse stable. shhhhhh let him finish this 1 first.

Abandoned

Great if pasture sheds can match new barn.  Then I think the pasture shed roof should match new barn and have white fences.  Will look really good with black and white milk cows in that pasture.  New barn a nice addition to an already great mod. 

kid1293

@brads3 - I said I didn't want to mess with the silo. :P

The stable part is walkthrough front to back, so it is possible to put any other
building on the back. (look for the roadtiles)

The barn has 3 points where they load/unload goods. If you block the front or
one side I guess they use the others.

@Abandoned - Sorry but I couldn't fix the fences, so it will be a fenceless version.
Did some silly mistakes and today I am short of time. I will learn more later.
I already painted the shelter and fence-part and put straw on the roof. See picture.
I can easily make a white fence and change roofing. Just not now. Life is interrupting.

edit: found time - hope this is what you meant.

LesiTheDogg

Oh yeah, great new stuff, can't wait to try it out.
:P

Abandoned

Oh yes, with or without a fence the pasture is very nice, the shed is a perfect match for the barn.  Thank you

kid1293

Now is the time to come with ideas and requests!  :)

I want something more before I update.
Right now my own head is empty, so I trust you with inspiration.  ;)

Turis

Do I have to have NMT/CC to fully use this mod? Note: This is in reference to sugar and other production chains.

kid1293

No, sugarbeets are included, you just have to buy seeds,
grow them and send them to the sugar refinery.

Oats are included (same - buy seeds) if you want more than just
wheat and corn for making flour.

Flour, bread, sugar, cookies and fruit jam are the same as CC but
you don't need CC to run this and get all. :)

Whatever it's worth, load CC first and my mod under CC.
Nothing should happen if you don't, but I have written so
much - it's easy to make mistakes.

Turis

brads3

KId does that mean we should throw the horseshoe blacksmith stable at u? and the western saloon and inn to go with the new store front u made??? then a statue of the "marlboro man" with his boots and cowboy hat for the western towns too. i can come up with more crazy ideas.

Abandoned

I wouldn't mind having a clothes line to put in the backyard of one of these wonderful colonial houses. I'm thinking 2 T wood posts with a couple of lines between them, maybe a wicker clothes basket on the ground with something white and something blue hanging on the line that would not be there in winter.  Guess the wash would just have to stay out in the rain.  Well that would be okay, it'll dry when the sun comes out again.  It could be just decorative or it could be a textile storage.  Or it could have one T post and go on the side of a house.  Or it could be f key choice of 1 or 2 posts, that would be good. Or another choice with different colored items on the line.  Well, you did ask.

elemental

Clothing that disappears off the line in winter (well, autumn) is certainly possible if the clothesline is made as a tree. But making trees is tricky (or so I've heard) and trees that lose their leaves turn yellow/brown in autumn. So the washing would also turn yellow/brown in autumn and it would look a bit weird. Very weird, actually. In other words it's doable but there are trade-offs.

Another option is to make a permanent clothes line decoration and then have separate free-to-build clothing decorations that you can "hang" on the line or remove from the line whenever you like.

Abandoned

elemental, very interesting. I'm not a modder so I don't know all that is possible and not possible.  I do know they make some amazing things.  Maybe the clothes on the line should be yellow and brown to start with.  Or maybe they are just different clothes than were hanging out in summer, maybe not so weird looking then. A really rustic looking single clothes line could be hanging between two trees, of course I wouldn't be to happy if a woodcutter came along and cut down the trees and my nice clean wash was laying on the ground. lol   Separate clothes would work, then different yards could have different clothes.  These were hardy women, they would have to hang wash out in winter or hang by the fire to dry. Hmm snow on the clothes on the line?  It does not sound like this would be something simple to make.

kid1293

I hear you brads3 - western theme has to wait. It's a big project.

Abandoned - Clothes line are easy to build. It's the question about
the wash and it's models and where/how to hang them up.
Don't you think it's a bit messy to have a menu with washing things?
If I can make a model of some clothes, I can make a permanent
hanging wash. Maybe not so funny. But at least there could be different
versions (with f-key).

elemental - no tree model. The billboard models 'shrink' in the autumn
and that would look weird on the hanging clothes. :)
Shrinking, disappearing, brown... ::) :o

elemental

The shrinking I could live with, because it happens fairly quickly and for spring and summer it's not an issue. The yellow/brown effect would be more distracting. Nice clean clothing all going brown! But Abandoned asked about clothes that disappear in winter and a tree is the only way that can happen (that I know of).

If you want to make a clothes line, just make it empty and then make separate pieces of clothing that can be hung on the line in various positions. A little laundry basket would be fun too.

Nappies! Lots and lots of nappies!  ;D  (that's diapers for all you Americans)