News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Possible to have villagers store small amounts of coats and tools in houses?

Started by Emton, November 28, 2015, 10:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emton

Hey I was wondering is there a flag or something I can put on coats and tools or houses so that villagers will store very small amounts of them in their homes? I'm making a cold climate and want to try this for balance, if you were to run out of coats in the cold there would be a small buffer where the villagers could use some from their house. I was thinking if they stored like 1 to 2 extra coats and tools for everyone in the house. If this is possible could you tell me about the files involved?

Edit: Oh I found this in the /Template/WoodHouse.rsc and added Clothing, I'll see if that works.

StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Fuel | Clothing;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

Ahh  I tried it but it didn't do anything. Not sure if I made the change right or if there's other variables to change.

RedKetchup

coat and tools arent stored in an house.

when 1 baby is born, he is going to pick up a coat and use it all his life. i dont think there is a decrease or damage period that make a cloth destroyed. it is destroyed when the baby die.

tools is kinda same, 1 tool per person but can be used and destroyed by working. once destroyed and lost, they go pickup another one.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

for example : RawMaterialTool : last paragraph :

RawMaterialDescription rawmaterial
{
   SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
   StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:rawMaterial";
   String _name = "Tool";

int _lowCreateCount = 1;
   int _highCreateCount = 2;
   int _weight = 10;
   int _createChance = 1;

// tool quality
   int _useValue = 100;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Tool;

float _carryScale = 0.33;
}

now RawMaterialLeatherCoat :

RawMaterialDescription rawmaterial
{
   SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
   StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:rawMaterial";
   String _name = "LeatherCoat";
   String _nameSmall = "LeatherCoatSmall";

int _lowCreateCount = 1;
   int _highCreateCount = 2;
   int _weight = 10;
   int _createChance = 1;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Clothing;

float _carryScale = 0.33;
}

there is nothing about " int _useValue = "

that means also, if when the baby is born he will pickup the best cloth available at that point, if there is only rags.... he will take it and will stay with it till he dies. even if you created 1000,000 winter coat when he was still alive.
(unless there is a special code integrated and hidden in the game code that will make him go change for a better one if there is one available)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

I am not sure, but I think if the little peeps are running around in rags, they will grab a better coat when on becomes available. I know I sometimes allow running out of coats when I have higher priorities (like tools) and as soon as I start coats they disappear like candy until everyone is not in rags anymore.

salamander

I can't say for sure, but I have to agree with @Bobbi about whether coats are grabbed by folks as theirs wears out.  Once someone gets to 'ragged' I think they will requisition a new coat if one is available.