News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Trading Revamp

Started by JamieIdle, October 13, 2014, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieIdle

Quote from: irrelevant on October 24, 2014, 07:26:53 PM
How about the idea of increasing the premium paid to the merchant for ordered goods in the "increase difficulty" version? Is that possible?

Increasing the premium to 50% from 25% would result in logs costing 3, vegetables grains and fruit costing 2, iron and coal costing 7, stone costing 10, etc. I'd be interested in trying this.

Another trade mod that would interest me would be to delay the schedule by which quantities brought in boats increase with increases in pop. Out of the box, I believe the quantities are at 33% of maximum up to pop 75, 66% of maximum from there to pop 150, and at maximum above that. Moving the increase points to 150/300 or even 250/500 would add difficulty.

The markeup for orders is hardcoded as far as I can tell.

The Faster and Slower version change the number of months between boat visits, but leaves the spacing alone currently.

irrelevant

Yeah, unmodded he brings 30,000 apples, and I am at pop 161? That is freaking ridiculous. Should be more like 3000 at this stage. And look at the stockpiles.

Yes I know, I don't have to buy it all.  >:(

JamieIdle

Quote from: irrelevant on October 24, 2014, 09:24:47 PM
Yeah, he brings 30,000 apples, and I am at pop 161? That is freaking ridiculous. Should be more like 3000 at this stage. And look at the stockpiles.

Yes I know, I don't have to buy it all.  >:(

LOL Hence why I and working on updates. Everyone a different idea of what they want. Problem is trying to getting others to specify what they want isn't easy so I play guess work with the numbers. I miss old style chat rooms.

Nilla

If I want to really test something, I need time to test it.

It is easy to get some early impressions, to say what you like and don't like, by the first and second look. It may also be easy to find some obvious mistakes.

It is one way to go ; the way @irrelevant suggests, making the trade less important. But was is the big differens of that suggestion from the opportunity, there was all the time; to build few (or no) trading port?

Another way to go, is the way you try in the version of your mod, that I am trying out now @JamieIdle ; Making trade easier in that way, that you offer all goods there is to offer, in an amount that might be called ridiculous, but where you every time must make the decision, how much you want to buy. Where you don't have to buy everything, to be sure that it is enough, until the next tradesman comes, in perhaps 3 years. It is another kind of game, other decitions, not necessarily easier.

Maybe the suggestions of @irrelevant is more Bannished-philosophy - a matter of survival. But i am not sure, that this other way is so much easier.

I'll let you know more of my impressions, when I have played a bit more.

JamieIdle

Hello folks as I mentioned I decided to create a more modular mod for the Trade Revamp. This will allow people to pick and choose the options that suits their player style.

There are now seven separate mods in this mod!

The first three only effect the Merchants and the rate that Trade Boats arrive. WARNING: Use only one at a time. Not compatible with other mods that effect the Trading Port.

1. MerchantsAndTradeFix-this simply uses my redone Merchants and my True Trade Fix. Boats arrive at the Normal speeds.

2. MerchantsAndTradeFixSlower-the same as the first one, but with Longer wait times between boats.

3. MerchantsAndTradeFixFaster-the same as the first one, but with Shorter wait times between boats.

The next four change the value of various potential trade goods.

1. MeatAndEggs-this mod Increases the value of all Meats and Eggs by 1.
2. AleAndFirewood-this mod Reduces the price of Ale and Firewood by 1.
3. NutsAndBeans-this Increases the value of Nuts and Beans by 1 and makes Beans a protein instead of a vegetable.
4. ClothingAndTools-this Increases the value of Wool and Leather Coats by 3, Warm Coats by 5, Steel Tools by 2, and Iron Tools by 2

irrelevant

So can we mix and match these? Can I use MerchantsAndTradeFixSlower together with AleAndFirewood?

JamieIdle

Quote from: irrelevant on October 25, 2014, 09:25:54 PM
So can we mix and match these? Can I use MerchantsAndTradeFixSlower together with AleAndFirewood?

@irrelevant absolutely that is the point. You can use one of the first three and one or all of the other four together.

irrelevant

I'll definitely be using those two. :)

JamieIdle

Quote from: irrelevant on October 25, 2014, 09:47:19 PM
I'll definitely be using those two. :)

If you downloaded the zip please redownload I had to do a quick fix. Compatibility issue. @irrelevant

irrelevant

Have not yet downloaded. Probly tomorrow.

Nilla

Absolutley great.

With this mod you may choose the kind of trade you want.

I will go on to play the game I have started, than try that slower fix.

irrelevant

@JamieIdle So with this mod in use I should get rid of "boat Fix?" Edit: answered my own question, they are in conflict.

How about "SJGL_No More Seeds;: compatible or not, do you think?

slink

Quote from: irrelevant on October 26, 2014, 06:56:58 AM
@JamieIdle So with this mod in use I should get rid of "boat Fix?" Edit: answered my own question, they are in conflict.

How about "SJGL_No More Seeds;: compatible or not, do you think?
Probably not, since it overrides the original file.

irrelevant

Yeah, probably not.

@JamieIdle The mods are working perfectly. Using Slower Trade and Ale and Firewood. I'd say this is nicely balanced.

I've just hit on another way to take some of the OP out of trading; stop placing orders. Take what they bring.

Nilla

@JamieIdle, this is a good mod. I am really happy, that I gave it a second chance. (I played that second version, merchants arriving often, ale and wood lower prices, clothing and fish higher).

I like many of the new buildings, but this is different,;i t changes the gameplay. I wish there would be more mods like that.

All merchants useful, arriving often, bringing more goods; sounds as if it makes the game easier. And yes, it does, but only at the beginning. It is easier to start a trade-based economy. But as you have reached a population of maybe 500-800-1000 (depending of how you play, if you have farming...) it is getting hard.

I will try make an image of what I mean.

I know people who lived in communist Eastgermany. They have told, that they had to buy certain goods as they where available in the shop. Not because they needed them at that point, but because the things might not be available again, until next year. This is a little bit like normal Banished-trade, You buy what the merchant brings, because you will probably need it, until he brings it the next time.

This mod makes the trade to a supermarket. Everything you want is more or less available all the time, but you cannot afford to buy everything. You have to make your choices. The traders have no time to fill the stores at the tradingports. You can't afford to buy everything the merchant brings. If you buy too much food from the first one, you cannot buy much wool and iron from the next one and the production gets down and you have even less goods to buy food from the third one................

It is a different kind of game, maybe not so much Banished-survival-philosophy but difficult and interesting.

Again, thank you Jamie