News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial-Charter-1620-BlackLiquid

Started by assobanana76, October 27, 2014, 06:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Quote from: blackbird on November 02, 2014, 10:53:47 AM
The idea of @RedKetchup to "imbriquer" (je parle français et j'avais compris  8) ) a house over a working place is a very good one that Blackliquid should follow. I would even like to see a house with 3 floors. I don't like so much that dark place now, the creamery Ketchupstyle was prettier, but that doesn't change that this mod is the best so far in Banishedland. Just my cent.
I have made a house with three floors.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=32

slink

Quote from: salamander on November 25, 2014, 09:03:12 AM
mmm ... bacon ... doesn't get any better.  :D
Bacon ... yummy!  And ham, and Szechuan pork, and barbecued spareribs.  Oh my.  Too bad the herd is diseased right now.  Yes, they say we won't catch it, but who knows?

assobanana76

I ask at the creators ...
can I publish this file in a forum thread Banished Steam "Las Vegans"?
is the production chain "vegan" of CC:MH..
I must declare that it is my ...

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Fellow Villager

aghaahaha you deleted the animal part!!  :o :o ;D ;D

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

tomplum68

I started using this mod and love it.  banished has been stealing warcraft time as a result.

XSwifTX

We need you to go back into warcraft, kick Red's ass, and get him back to modding banished.  lol  :)

purringcat

Tailor Upgrade Broken

Something happened to the Tailor Shop during the CC last upgrade.    When he asks for an upgrade, the town tears down his shop instead.

XSwifTX

They tear it down and then rebuild it.

rkelly17

So, do any of you who play Colonial Charter have any good ideas about how best to start the settlement? I decided to try it, but the many options have sort of overwhelmed me. Plus I'm having a little trouble with the game crashing if I try to quit or exit--even loading no mods other than CC, latest version (1.31).

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on January 11, 2015, 06:48:20 PMany of you who play Colonial Charter have any good ideas about how best to start the settlement? I decided to try it, but the many options have sort of overwhelmed me.

Tehehe, say that loud again... yes, there are really loads of chains and upgrades and materials one has to "learn" first...

Best is to start out as you always did - get the basics going first (food, wood etc.), you can get some extras right away by building a couple of shore houses (catch frogs and turtles first, later switch to dig sand and clay to make glass and bricks). Once you settled in a bit, slowly develop different chains (one at a time, until you understand what products depend on what raw materials) - important is to not try and develop too many different products at the same time, that starts to get confusing fast.

Also important to know -
if you want to produce alcohol and/or weed, that all hinges around the Inn, so build one the moment you start producing/distributing alcohol...
Before upgrading any buildings, check what materials are needed - you may need e.g. rope or glass, so you better produce (or import) those before you upgrade...

QuotePlus I'm having a little trouble with the game crashing if I try to quit or exit

Hmmm, that sounds more like the old runtime error thingy... check my notes here on various remedies...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Thanks, @Paeng. I seem to have solved the crashes by removing all other mods from Windata and deleting all the mod lines from the registry. At this point in my first town under the 1.32 version I'm doing OK. A trader brought tobacco seeds (I note that seeds are more expensive), so I'm growing tobacco for export--I don't see any processing buildings for tobacco--along with the typical firewood. I have a shore hut and glassmaker for upgrading housing and people are healthy and happy. I also figured out that I need to build butchers, not just eat sides of venison. No livestock yet from merchants (standard medium start). I do miss @JamieIdle2.0's  specialized trading posts which I have been using--haven't checked compatibility yet. I'm also thinking of adding @RedKetchup's two-story houses whose aesthetics fit and would provide more housing options.

Question: I started with sunflowers and peas. Do sunflower seeds count as grain? It would appear so since in previous games lack of grains leaves people much less healthy than mine are.

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on January 15, 2015, 11:15:52 AMI'm growing tobacco for export--I don't see any processing buildings for tobacco

Check the menu with all the distillers and brewery options - there you find the Curing Barn (tobacco is flagged as another 'drug' = alcohol)...  ;)
* the lack of flags is a downside of the mod kit.
Accordingly you need the Inn to distribute pipe weed... I think.

Quotemore housing options

Actually the housing upgrades provide a lot of new options...?

QuoteDo sunflower seeds count as grain?

Yes, kernels are grain...
see my list of Food Groups here...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on January 15, 2015, 05:04:58 PM
Check the menu with all the distillers and brewery options - there you find the Curing Barn (tobacco is flagged as another 'drug' = alcohol)...  ;)
* the lack of flags is a downside of the mod kit.
Accordingly you need the Inn to distribute pipe weed... I think.

. . . .

Yes, kernels are grain...
see my list of Food Groups here...

Thanks for the help. Yesterday I was looking in the booze menu for something else and noticed the curing barn. I'll check your food groups chart. CC could really use some sort of "manual" for first-timers--I appreciate all you have done to help people get into it.

RedKetchup

@kralyerg  i was wondering if you would agree to release this mod in part like :
a part for all the housing building you add in this mod... CC: Housing
a part for all the industries you add in this mod.... CC: Industry
a part for all the crops/orchards.... CC: Crops and Orchards
etc ?

i am myself thinking to break mine into parts too. for people who want this or that or both, but doesnt want this or that thing.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .