News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Medieval Times - Crude or Graceful?

Started by kid1293, January 26, 2018, 06:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Quote from: elemental on January 28, 2018, 11:10:09 PM
That's my point exactly... monasteries weren't just a hospital or a school - they were many things. But that doesn't work in the game because a building can only do one thing.

Elemental, Kid wrote,
QuoteSo a school could be handy. If I add happiness 'spirit' to it, there
is a substitute for a church if you want that.

That sounds like a building in the game might be able to be coded for one occupation or purpose, but can get some other coding factors added such as the happiness factor associated with churches in the game. So maybe it can wind up providing the function to educate Bannies, but at the same time, it could give the happiness aura that the church in the game provides.  That would be good if it can work that way.

Abandoned

Here's a thought.  Why not have the monastery function like Santa's workshop, with a number of monks employed to produce random items such as bread, jelly, wine, cheese, maybe a few books or manuscripts for trade ?

kid1293

Hmm. Something like @elemental said. Why not.

If I do that I can delay all surrounding buildings. :)

Do you people have wishes for 'monk-made' healthy things (and strawberry jam)?  :)

Abandoned

galensgranny

Abandoned's idea is a good one!  (Edit:  Oops, I had written the wrong name as to who had the idea.)

Yes, absolutely strawberry jam!   ;D

I wouldn't want too many random made items since it might take too long to get lots of strawberry jam.  Fruitcake would be nice.  Otherwise I don't have any other preferences about what else.

kid1293

I do what I can. I sit sometimes 10-12 hours a day/ all week with modding.
I have to figure out solutions to problems (inexperience) and I have to
search internet for background facts and textures and icons...
There is so little me in me.

I want to have time to play some game and to do other things just for fun.
So if I wish for a delay it is not selfishness or anything, just a needed thing.

Jam, I like strawberry jam! On white bread with a cup of newly made coffee! :)

Abandoned

:) A delay for nice break is well deserved and good, a delay that detours to something else not so good.

kid1293

Abandoned

Maldrick

Breaks are a good thing. Keeps things fresh, I find.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Hawk

If you don't take a break every now and then, it will burn you out. Then it's hard to get back into it. That's what happened to me back when I was doing some modeling. I still can't get back into it, and that was 4 or 5 years ago.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

@kid1293 Do you still play the game, or do you just mod? 10 hours a day sounds like a full-time job!

Edit: just saw your earlier post. Do take some time to play. You never know what ideas you might get that can help with your modding. Plus, it's a lot of fun to play thanks to you and all the other modders. Banished just keeps getting better. :)

elemental

Quote from: Abandoned on January 29, 2018, 03:44:11 AM
Here's a thought.  Why not have the monastery function like Santa's workshop, with a number of monks employed to produce random items such as bread, jelly, wine, cheese, maybe a few books or manuscripts for trade ?

That is probably the best all-round suggestion so far. And very succinct, too. Santa's workshop with monks. I like the random production part. Seeing as it's a medieval monastery they should probably be making some sort of alcohol. I like the other suggestions too. And later (if Kid wants to) there is the possibility of a monk-operated hospital and/or school.

If books are going to be part of this, maybe they could be a used to build the monk school and/or hospital.

galensgranny

I made a mistake in my previous post, Kid and Abandoned.  I meant that Abandoned had the good idea to make it like the Santa's workshop. I wrote Elemental instead. 

I appreciate very much all the time you spend making items for the us, for the game, Kid!  :)   I wish I could mod.  Then I would make a special Kid"s Relaxing Break Mod.  It will have a chaise lounge and side table suitable for outdoor use that could be put on the back veranda of your lovely house (of course you will not have a mere porch- you will have a veranda  ;D .)  Or, you could put your chaise lounge and side table in your lovely garden by your fountain to eat your bread with strawberry jam and drink your coffee.

Abandoned

;D Or he could go up on the roof at Riverview Resort stone house addon.