Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, October 11, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on October 15, 2014, 01:01:43 PM
So I have tried your monastery.

I like it. It fits very well to the other buildings.

It seems to be connected with the limits of tools. As i have understood from the discussion about seedlings, there is not much to do about it. At least not for the moment. But it is a bit annoying.

I ran it 4 years. I only had 1 monk working; 6-8-8-6 books produced. There is no reason that it shouldn't be about the same for each monk, if more are working together. Perhaps it could be a little bit higher if it is built a bit more in the middle of the town, I also didn´t have much coal, so maybe if everything is perfect, it would produce a bit more.

With a trade-value of 200 it is 1200-1600 for one person each year (the input-value is low, as it should be, there is no use of large amount of raw-materials for a book, just a lot of work).

You said that you want a higher trade-value than for woodcutter/ale-brewer. OK the monastery with 4 monks makes more, but not each person. A really good brewery, could make 600 ale, which gives a trade-value of 3000 (600*8-600*3) a medium good brewery 400 ale, which gives a trade value of 2000.

I like that the production is low. If it is possible it could be even lower than 6-8 books for each monk, but I think the trade-value could be higher. Perhaps with this productivity 400-500 for each book.

thats exactly what i want !!!!!!! if you pickep up the file and downloaded it, you need to come here and give me numbers !
only forum members could downloaded, so you have an account. You have an account so you can make post. if you never let a post in here, it is time to speak up ! i just want numbers. thats the minimal respect for my work. i use alot of my time everyday for you so you owe me some numbers :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

I promise to give you numbers as soon as I can. Unfortunately still at work, then I have to go to church council meeting at 7 PM which will probably last a couple hours. Won't get home until around 10PM. I'm thinking realistically I won't be able to do much serious testing until Friday, really. But I plan to play with it a little before then.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on October 15, 2014, 03:39:23 PM
I promise to give you numbers as soon as I can. Unfortunately still at work, then I have to go to church council meeting at 7 PM which will probably last a couple hours. Won't get home until around 10PM. I'm thinking realistically I won't be able to do much serious testing until Friday, really. But I plan to play with it a little before then.

no worries Bobbi, that post isnt meant for you, it s meant for all the people who leech everything and never let a simple thanks or reply ( here a little reply with couple of numbers : how many book made with how many monk ? thats all, simple)
there are 8 people who took it and downloaded it.

Bobbi

These are usually the same people who do not take the trouble to find out what a mod does (like the warehouse "calling" a boat) and then bitch about it.   ;) OK, off to the council meeting

Alfreddie

Ok! So I will gladly test it and report here!  :D (so far, it'working perfectly, but I haven't got the time to make more than one or two books today: in France, it's getting late  :) )

Fellow Villager

unluckly my city is still too small to build a monastery...as soon as possible i build it

RedKetchup

i am just waiting your numbers guys :)

the numbers seems fine so far, IF you get about same numbers as Nilla....
i ll probably have to put the 400G each but i wait to see your numbers :)

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 15, 2014, 03:31:31 PM

thats exactly what i want !!!!!!! if you pickep up the file and downloaded it, you need to come here and give me numbers !
only forum members could downloaded, so you have an account. You have an account so you can make post. if you never let a post in here, it is time to speak up ! i just want numbers. thats the minimal respect for my work. i use alot of my time everyday for you so you owe me some numbers :)

You are absolutely right here, criticizing people who "just take, never give"! It must be very frustrating to see.

I have one more suggestion to improve(?) the monastery and greenhouse;

My toolproduction just reached the limits and the monk also stopped making books.

These limits; by the books it is connected to tools, by the seedlings to logs. You explained, it is not possible to make their own. Could they be taken away by books and seedlings? It would be better, than if they are connected to something else. If it isn't possible, I think it should be connected to something else (food perhaps).

In normal games, I find it convenient to regulate the stock of tools with this limit. I often let the blacksmith rest, if I have enough tools in my stores. I don't want the bookproduction to stop at the same time. OK, I could turn the toolmaker-shops down, but it would be another thing, that I have to control more active.

It's similar with logs, if I have enough logs in my stores and the limit is reached, the foresters only plant and the forest is getting thick, beautiful and more productive for gatherers and herbalists. OK I can micromanage each plant turning cutting down, but it is easier when this happens automatically.

This is the reason I suggest to connect the limit of these new products to food. I never use this limit to produce less food.

Alfreddie

Well, I just play with the monastery in my big village, for an hour or two. It seems to work fine. It produced approximately 6 books each year (2/5/6/6) It is not much, but, considering that I build my monastery far from the mine, and had problem to bring coal... It is a good ratio, I think!
The builing itself is very beautiful: it even could have been proudly bigger! And stone pattern (for the walls) could be less "shining new grey"... Perhaps a little bit yellowish. But that is only my humble opinion... :p
Nonetheless, thanks you for bringing so much diversity in this game!

assobanana76

this mod is linked to that library?
that is, the library is empty until the monastery print books?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

sweet i am happy of your reply @Alfreddie. I thanks you very much for your time :) It appears that the numbers seems very correct :) will just need to put 400-500G each :)
i heard in the medieval times that with 1 book you could buy like 2-3 cattles. i think the price will be ok and realist.

@Nilla yes i can do that , i can maybe link it to food... and i ll try to 'hide' it :) so nobody will knows :)
thanks you for the suggestions, very appreciated :)

RedKetchup

the library is just a building for diversity and happiness. i dont really plan to put books in there in real but people can RPG with it :)

Alfreddie

Please don't (send the books to the library) or villagers will take away every precious books to the library instead off the trader's post (where we could sell it for a lot of "money" or food or whatever)  :D

RedKetchup

BTW @Alfreddie How many monks you had working ? by default it is 2 , but you can up the limit up to 4 and make all 4 working.

Fellow Villager

I like the idea of assobanana of linking library with book produced in monastery...I could suggest to link book production with school too, maybe