News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Searching an English to German translator person :)

Started by RedKetchup, March 16, 2015, 07:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

Whahaaahaaaaaaa :D for us German is the same .. if you're in the aggressive type of drunkenness .. ;) Its a wonderful language, which i can understand without any problems.. but speaking and writing.. ugh. i'm better at french :O
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

haha. go for what you think the best, @chillzz  :) it is you, the dutch person in charge in here :)
hehe

you can also ask around :) if you have friends or family :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 21, 2015, 06:16:34 PM
haha. go for what you think the best, @chillzz  :) it is you, the dutch person in charge in here :)
hehe

you can also ask around :) if you have friends or family :)

Usually friends and family come to me to ask language related stuff ;) @Trizeropz has had the best option with 'zufriedenheit' in German, so i'll use the Dutch version of that, which comes very close to the meaning of happiness/satisfaction level in the game.

Decorative items one was by far the hardest, not the amount.. but the new spelling rules in Dutch.. Ugh. Between the time i learned to spell certain compound words and now the spelling rules have changed at least 3 times.. current spelling sucks ;)

But without further a due : @RedKetchup 's Mods - The Dutch/Nederlands translation :D
*@$#@#% file upload not working on forum... /me uploads to Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xvcxfow0iag14xx/AADNT43QNzrhRLLa9G4RT9FRa?dl=0

Usage of text should be UTF-8 due to some diacritic characters. (for now just the NMT and Decorative Items, but you'll never know)

RedKetchup

chillzz

@RedKetchup
crap.. noticed 1 typo in decorative items. there should be an n in the verb.. planten instead of platen.

{ String _name = "GreenhouseTip";
String _text = "Een kas wordt gebruikt om zaden te planten en zaailingen te produceren."; }

RedKetchup

irrelevant

The only Dutch I know is belegde broodjes. Oh, and hareng. These are very important concepts in my world. ;D

chillzz

@RedKetchup no problem, thank you for those awesome mods. :)

@irrelevant belegde broodjes is a very important concept in anyones world  :P
Haring.. blegh!

RedKetchup

i need to wait my internet connection month limit to be reset on april 1st... and i ll put in here and on my OneDrive (+maybe a copy on Dropbox if people prefer that one instead of OneDrive) ... oh of course my mega :)

A copy of all mods in German
A copy of all mods in Dutch

anyone else want to translate/willing to do other language ?

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2015, 10:23:44 AM
i need to wait my internet connection month limit to be reset on april 1st... and i ll put in here and on my OneDrive (+maybe a copy on Dropbox if people prefer that one instead of OneDrive) ... oh of course my mega :)

Release of ketchup-packet is only on April 1st?
In Canada, torture is prohibited, right?  ;D
Ah, no. You have Justin Bieber.  :D

RedKetchup

hahaha

yeah, probably cause him ^^ we are packets starving to prevent to download all his videos and stupid moves lol

in most internet offers in here, in canada, we usually have 'limited' amount of GB of transfert per month. the totally unlimited one are very very costly and usually reserved to companies.

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2015, 01:34:11 PM
in most internet offers in here, in canada, we usually have 'limited' amount of GB of transfert per month. the totally unlimited one are very very costly and usually reserved to companies.

Oh, that's stupid.
Here with us you get a complete flat rate for both phone and internet for the equivalent of 35 Canadian dollars. Unlimited.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on March 25, 2015, 02:10:43 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2015, 01:34:11 PM

Oh, that's stupid.
Here with us you get a complete flat rate for both phone and internet for the equivalent of 35 Canadian dollars. Unlimited.

yeah it is because in a 1 mile square (or km square) you have 100X more people to compare here so same internet is 80$ per month.

chillzz

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on March 25, 2015, 02:10:43 PM
Oh, that's stupid.
Wow. thats just basically the phone (or the TV, or the DSL) alone over here. and i'm located at one of the most populated areas of a quite densely populated country.

i remember FiDo telephony in Canada.. you had to pay "air time" for every second you used the phone, even if someone was calling you :O   

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2015, 10:23:44 AM
A copy of all mods in German
A copy of all mods in Dutch
anyone else want to translate/willing to do other language ?
so now there are :
English,
Français,
Deutsch,
and Nederlands

Impressive !

i was wondering, do you need to recompile each time for a different language?
or is it possible to add your original mod (english)  with a translation mod after it,
like the original game strings are translated? 
that would save you a lot compile time and hassle i presume.