News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #2: 500 Farmers

Started by solarscreen, June 10, 2014, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

@rkelly17   It is pretty brilliant!  ;D

I would definitely be interested in a mod that makes them stop idling there! This challenge, I tried placing orchards around it as much as I could around the hospitals. It helped some, but not enough.

@RedKetchup  Thanks!  My first town over 1k! And i was determined to get to 500 farmers legit, even if my town could not survive that way long-term.

I disagree, I think it takes some skills to get the 500 farmers without the larger population! I think everyone who participated did a good job. :)

RedKetchup

yeah we did. i hope to get more participants in future challenges

if i got 680 farmers with only 1800-1900 pop it s only cause i didnt got any market. you need a ton of people working for market vendors
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@mariesalias  Nice work getting to 500 at the end. Awesome town; 2300 is a real achievement.

We all are winners  :)

salamander

Quote from: irrelevant on July 01, 2014, 04:15:47 PMWe all are winners  :)

Nah ... I'm definitely a loser.  But, thanks anyway.  ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 01, 2014, 02:44:20 PM
you need a ton of people working for market vendors

Lately I've been limiting my market staff to 2-6 citizens depending on the distance from resources. So far no big issues except when shortages of crucial materials limit distribution. I'm not sure whether or not a full staff would help fix that.

I've also been limiting my trading posts to 3 traders and that seems to work as well, though most of my trade goods manufacturing (taverns making ale) is fairly close to trading posts.

solarscreen

Quote from: rkelly17 on July 02, 2014, 06:18:37 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 01, 2014, 02:44:20 PM
you need a ton of people working for market vendors

Lately I've been limiting my market staff to 2-6 citizens depending on the distance from resources. So far no big issues except when shortages of crucial materials limit distribution. I'm not sure whether or not a full staff would help fix that.

I've also been limiting my trading posts to 3 traders and that seems to work as well, though most of my trade goods manufacturing (taverns making ale) is fairly close to trading posts.

I have never had more than 4 vendors or 3 traders at any one location...

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

In my Farming Challenge town most of my 9 TPs had 20 Traders most of the time, to insure that imports and exports were flowing freely. I also used the Traders to move large chunks of things like stone, iron, and logs from regions of plenty to regions of scarcity.

The Markets had anywhere from 6 to 15 Vendors. I was trying to keep the Markets as close to 100% full of resources as I could, to reduce pressure on my barns, which were not optimally located. I spent a good deal of time micromanaging the number of vendors at each market. Because of their 500 carrying capacity they are especially useful in helping clear out those 98% full barns.

RedKetchup

so you ve got like 100 vendors ?

irrelevant

270 at 20 markets, all between 60% and 100% full.

RedKetchup

woah. that s what i meant by ...... alot haha

:) nice

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 02, 2014, 11:05:20 PM

Holy shopping frenzy, Batman!

mariesalias

Quote from: irrelevant on July 02, 2014, 11:05:20 PM

Wow! And I thought i had a lot with 10-12 each. :D

irrelevant

I only went that high in the last few years. Prior to that I had been running with 6-12 vendors per market, but I finally noticed that it was the areas near markets where I was using fewer vendors that I was having so much trouble with my barns being full all the time. Also, I happened to have nearly 500 laborers so it was no big deal to assign another 100 of them to markets instead.

solarscreen

Ok, I don't know why I thought this challenge ended on the 15th...

I went back through and I thought redketchup had won another contest but in fact @irrelevant has this one and becomes our next champion!

Congratulations to @irrelevant - he has been added to the Champions group!

694 Farmers!  Fantastic effort!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup