News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

Quote from: Nilla on July 04, 2015, 05:53:38 PM
So I´m sorry, but this archeologist; is he good for anything? Except that his house looks specially nice. Could the artefacts be used fore something? I wish that he at least could earn his own food, if you want to sell them.
found artifacts can be traded and can be used to build the : ruins, Stonehenge and old/abandoned church.

One thing I cannot complain about is the inn! I use them as living space now but that means a lot fake demolishing to form new couples. Or I could complain a bit; I wish they could be used for normal living. They look much too good, just for a boarding house ;)

yeah it's amazing.. love it too.. have you checked your town hall when building the inn ?  it does count as a real house!

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: michbret on July 04, 2015, 09:10:53 AM
Hello Red

Very nice work. I enjoy it a lot.

I think there is a small problem with the bakery footprint. You can build roads into the fenced area.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/440574362338825469/85B34A18EF3B12914DFCC2FD36D52543D08040D3/

I am in the tedious process of avoiding the ESC key. I have put a small box on it so my habits will not send me into this nasty menu problem.

Thanks again for this mod

the fence area is for your 2nd floor !!!! i ve put a fence there to remind you thats your 'reserved' place for your 2nd floor residence
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

But a few things I can tell: I liked the old version of trading port, with the green ground at the pasture better, than this dirt-colored. I also think I liked the color/structure of the canal better in that old version. Maybe the new wave-pattern looks more like the river at first sight, but I think it looks a bit strange, if you build corners, like my canal. But I know it´s imposssible to build something that looks like the river, but I found the last version a good compromise.

it is supposely to be green, this is happening because your ground level hasnt been 'leveled to 0' equally.
the thing is i cannot ask to 'flatten' a footprint im exact same time asking to dig underground for the canal ^^
but what i can do is trying to modify my brown footprint.png and get rid the brown dirt that is over the pasture.

also, you can put a dirt road (or stone one if want to pay) over the canal walls to flatten the ground there.

btw ^^ before you find it yourself, i didnt found the magic dummy to tell the game where spawn my livestock when we buying some. for sure they spawn, thats not a problem, but i dont know where the game spawn them ^^ somewhere in the map and they will go for your pastures , it is just , it can take a little bit of time before they arrive (the animation i mean) they will probably have to cross a lake or 2, couple of river, going up 3-4 mountains... but the arrive at your pastures for sure ^^

RedKetchup

WoB is not WoB without my complains. So I´m sorry, but this archeologist; is he good for anything? Except that his house looks specially nice. Could the artefacts be used fore something? I wish that he at least could earn his own food, if you want to sell them. I know @RedKetchup , you didn´t want to introduce some new very profitable trading good. That´s good. But if the people can´t use the artefacts, at least there should be a little profit to trade with it. As it is; you buy stones for 8, the archeologist finds 2 artefacts wort 4 from each. At least he makes no loss, but still it seems a bit CC-inspired  to me. ;) :-\  Sorry, I´m mean.  :-[  :'( The productivity is quite low and that´s OK, so there will be no big profit, even if the price was 8.

you can still make abandonned curch or stonehenge !!!! they are very very good use for 'church' system with 200-250 followers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on July 03, 2015, 03:56:45 PM
This "esc-bug" isn't so bad, if you know why it appears. You don't have to use the esc-button and if you do, it's still no big deal. You can always reload the game and it's gone. (by the way it wasn't the changed Dx9/11 just the restart of the game that fixed it the first time)

The ESC Bug has been FIXED !!!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT to our precious friend @kralyerg  who find out what it bugged :)
THANK YOU my Friend :)

RedKetchup

Medieval Town v 1.1a is being uploaded now : on Mega, and OneDrive. once both made, Steam will have its version too :)

RedKetchup

Medieval Town 1.1a is UP !!!!!!

Steam is up too !!!!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=475534536

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 04, 2015, 10:33:27 PMThe ESC Bug has been FIXED !

So? Tell us, what was the cause? Just a tiny typo, or what? Don't let us die stoopid... LOL
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

i used

bool _autoHotKey = false;
like Luke told me to do at some point when i asked if there is a way to make all my mods link and sit on the same icon provided by another mod which would be at top. and i stayed with that "false" even if his example didnt worked

@kralyerg  tried to change them back to 'true' and it fixed it.

michbret

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 04, 2015, 06:40:41 PM
Quote from: michbret on July 04, 2015, 09:10:53 AM
Hello Red

Very nice work. I enjoy it a lot.

I think there is a small problem with the bakery footprint. You can build roads into the fenced area.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/440574362338825469/85B34A18EF3B12914DFCC2FD36D52543D08040D3/

I am in the tedious process of avoiding the ESC key. I have put a small box on it so my habits will not send me into this nasty menu problem.

Thanks again for this mod

the fence area is for your 2nd floor !!!! i ve put a fence there to remind you thats your 'reserved' place for your 2nd floor residence

@RedKetchup and @chillzz , My apologies ! I forgot this 2nd floor capability.

Thanks for your kind explanations.
Michel

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 05, 2015, 01:35:07 AMbool _autoHotKey = false;

Oh man, that's a little meanie... so easy to miss that one.

Anyway, good that last little little thing is now also perfect!  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

chillzz

congrats of fixing the 'esc' thingy :)

all seems good now.. did you remove the upgrade function on the hostel ?

RedKetchup

i did for the moment (i hope it wont crash anybody :( cause i ve got 1-2 reports about someone crash asap they built the 'opti' feature. so i need more time to investigate it.

chillzz

ah okay.. so it was intended :) good! no strange things to report yet at this new game.
i didn't have any crash problems with the upgrade function, so i wonder what it could be

Agnes53

Dear Mr Ketchup  :)
I really enjoy this update of your New Medieval Town, but I have a question about it: I have built a Coal Silo next to a coalmine, but no coal is stored in the silo. Why?