News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = CoalFuel | Coal;

do you have another external mod that change 'coal' to something else ? like to forbid citizens to use coal for heating, or something ?
check your load order
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

This patch didin't make conflict with save games? I mean crashes etc.

Agnes53

Well, I use the Monastery mod, which uses coal as a material. Could it be this that makes the coal don´t stored in the silo?

RedKetchup

the problem with coal as material, if i ask to allow storage of "material"... do you know everything that has been tag 'material' ? everything that isnt 'coal' will be stored inside ?

thats the only mod you use ? dont you use CC:CotGL ?
if thats the only mod, i suggest you to use the monestary original :)

or use the silo version 'provided by CC members' or simple, dont use the coal silo of NMT :) there are hundreds of things you still can use :)

but overall , i am sorry ><  :'(
i cannot do much for it. not my fault if coal has been turn into 'material' at some point  :'(

kralyerg

I had forgotten about that, but the Coal Silo should still work with CC, just not 100% as intended.

The Coal in CC still has the CoalFuel flag, and the New Medieval Coal Silo has the CoalFuel storage flag, so it should still store Coal. 

It's just that in CC, many other things also have the CoalFuel flag, so the Coal Silo will store them also.  It won't be just a Coal specific storage, it will store anything that CC has marked as "Materials", including Coal.

Nilla

Quoteit is supposely to be green, this is happening because your ground level hasnt been 'leveled to 0' equally.
the thing is i cannot ask to 'flatten' a footprint im exact same time asking to dig underground for the canal ^^
but what i can do is trying to modify my brown footprint.png and get rid the brown dirt that is over the pasture.

also, you can put a dirt road (or stone one if want to pay) over the canal walls to flatten the ground there.

Thanks again for the information, @RedKetchup , you're the best. I rebuilt that part of the canal, also rebuilt my mistakes. 

When you know these things, it's no problem. It's not difficult to level the ground before you build a trading port. The trick with roads on the canal side doesn't work at the port, so I will always level the ground at the spot where I intend to build one. Looks much nicer this way!!!

Also thanks for the answers about the archeologist. I will try one (ore more) of these ruins. But I would still prefere, if the price was a bit higher, if you want to sell the artifacts.

RedKetchup

chillzz

i actually noticed you took care of the quays of the tradepost too.. able to build roads there now too. :D
nice!
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

in the incoming fixes :

- fixed the new and old 4x docks where the storage werent allowed. a paragraph was missing in the UI section.

Dookie

@Nilla
I tried to explain that the archaeologist would be another building you have to shut on and off, and yet another "advanced resource" that doesn't get consumed by the citizens automatically.  Nobody had any comment on my observation about it at the time when @RedKetchup was still making it.  Everyone just commented on the looks of the Ruins instead.  The best I could do was convince him not to make the Ruins too artifact expensive.

btw, the new version is working well with no problems with saves or crashes, but I haven't used the canals much yet.  I will probably play some today.  Thanks for the updates.

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 05, 2015, 10:54:03 AM
hehe

Hehe, no need to laugh, that part was under construction, now it looks as it should. :)

One small suggestion for the next upgrade; just to increase the possibilities to make a good looking canal-end: Look at the picture and the two bridges to the other side of the stream. It would have been nice, if it was possible to build just the canal wall (without canal) on that spot where the stone road is.

I've built a ruin church. It's quite amazing, you could even peep through the broken roof inside the church. ;) Good job!
But I know, I'm nagging; maybe I will build another one of the ruins, but what's than? No need for the archaeologist anymore. I find that's a pity. I like the building.

RedKetchup

i ll keep the idea in mind

but why you didnt gone 2-3 tiles further where you ve got a nice clear straight shot at the river ?, you could put a nice gate in there too to 'finish' it ?

Nilla

Yes, you're right. It would have been better. But now it is like it is. I'm not very keen on rebuilding it once more.

way2square2behip

Quote from: RedKetchupThis feature wont be available in Medieval Castle anymore although it will keep the Medieval Moats since it really belongs to it.

I missed this point about moats the first time I read the 1.1 highlights.  As a result, I couldn't figure out where they went :)  I'm fine where ever you keep them, but they don't necessarily have to go with castles.  I've found this function somewhat versatile and use it to add water to other scenes.  For example, I like what it added to the following llama setting:

chillzz

don't know if it's related to NMT 1.1 or it's a SRS 'feature' :

- Merchant submerged
  merchant boat works perfectly in the canal (6) + joker (6 > 8 and perfectly docks tradingport (8, old NMT stone) then disapears when icon shows up. only merchant + peddles are showing.  after trading / dismiss boat is visible again :)

- Vendor 'General Store'
  with full cart from storage to the store, regular vendor animation with full cart.
  when returning from store, cart is empty, turned quarter counter-clock wise.. and look like it's being swung by the vendor.
sort of gymnast twirling .. looks very funny :)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup