News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on August 30, 2015, 05:08:35 AM
I have no experience of graphic computer design/programming/modding but it seems to be a really great job. I see no difference! :)

hehe nor me !!!!!!
bah just a little little bit ....

but totally worth it ^^

i just finished floor 2 model 5 :) and i am very happy of all work done so far :) and all the work i ve done tonight. The file is shrinking in front of my eyes ^^
1 more model and then the 3rd floor and all the shops & commercials to go.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

hehe it is still long to do ^^

but the good thing is : i promised 2.0 this fall 2015 so : between sept 21 and dec 21 2015.
i still have alot of time left to respect my promise ^^

RedKetchup

i worked alot again tonight :)
i can say : the file is shrinking alot.

about the 3-floor houses part, at begining the file was 57MB , just for the houses... now it is 21MB and i am expecting to get down about 12-15MB
with all this space saved on the houses part i will maybe can offer 2-3 models of textures :) which will offer double and triple different look :)
i can maybe offer 1 set with the old bricks and one in wood :) and i can maybe change the texture of the roof for those extra model :)

Gordon Dry

It's your decision.

I don't have a problem with a mod that is several hundred megabytes.

So if you make it smaller AND with more variations this is the best.

If you end with the same size but 3x the model variations and 3x the textures it's also okay for me.
But then you should split the submenus to have only one kind of texturing inside a submenu branch but the same models so the player does not have to press "F" 15 times  :P

DesoPL

Both for me looks good, but it's up to you.

Paeng

I like the variant where the lower portion is old brick and the upper stays with the white stucco...

For variation my biggest wish is for different roof textures... not necessarily very colorful, but different types... like a grey-ish slate, and maybe even another thatch, to stay close to the Banished theme...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

i think i can get 3 variation and be still smaller than original size :) ( i mean for the 3-story part )

also i took certain decisions: some buildings wont come back like the hunter hut.
tavern, clothier and blacksmith, bakery with their personalized 2-floor : they will be redesigned to fit the theme and being compatible with 2nd floors (so no more personalized 2nd floor)
the mod evolved alot since i made those and the mod took a specific direction. those old graphics doesnt fit anymore.

DesoPL

I hope that hunter houses will remain, they are fine. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on August 31, 2015, 09:48:44 AM
I hope that hunter houses will remain, they are fine. :)

maybe as a stand alone.....
but the way i was doing things back in time doesnt fit anymore as a whole

DesoPL

Well right now i am curious, what new stuff will add in 2.0? :D

Fellow Villager

hi red, how are you?

i'm playing with NMT, and i'm wandering if dentist is overpowered...it gives health with no cost....

RedKetchup

what ? you are telling me there is a dentist that finally do his job ?

kee

A dentists job is to leave a bigger hole in your wallet than in your tooth.
As for things being unbalanced I doubt that having the doc. in the city centre is good medicine regardless- this will mean a higher risk of catching a nasty for the banishims.
One thing that is a bit unbalanced though is the trade value of seedlings in one of rk's other mods- a slow, steady production with no factors in yield a trade value of 8 per seedling.
Kim Erik

RedKetchup

Quote from: kee on September 01, 2015, 01:20:05 AM
A dentists job is to leave a bigger hole in your wallet than in your tooth.
As for things being unbalanced I doubt that having the doc. in the city centre is good medicine regardless- this will mean a higher risk of catching a nasty for the banishims.
One thing that is a bit unbalanced though is the trade value of seedlings in one of rk's other mods- a slow, steady production with no factors in yield a trade value of 8 per seedling.

yeah :S i was really inexperimented back ^^

Fellow Villager

oh yes, my dentist work...so how it works 'precisely?