News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i really feel i need to put more time on this salt mine :P

it has not been created by me, i modified a bit... but i feel it is not 'redketchup' lol

what you think all ??
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Glenn

Yes Red,

You're correct -- this model isn't up to the standard of your other mods.
Whoever created the original model didn't put in the effort that you do.

You might have to start from scratch or modify it to bring it up to your normal standard.

Glenn

Having posted the above of was wondering if you had ever thought about building a slavers compound.

This may not necessarily be a politically correct idea, but it offers another tangent to explore for the time period of Banished

You could have a dock with a slave ship, a holding compound with people in strange clothes, sheds, auction block, barracks with guards etc.
The trader could buy and sell slaves at say 10,000 ( a trader like the specalised farm trader/trading post in CC )
The slaves could breed like any other live stock , but could only be sold when natural increase produced more people

Just a thought

RedKetchup

lol the most strange idea i ve got so far ^^

Nilla

Totally agree with @Glenn. No @Red ketchup standard. The only really nice thing is the little wagon outside.

Gordon Dry

You confuse me.

The "stock fish" should be the Bacalhau, not the salted fish.

Paeng

Hmmm... I looked for some historic salt mines - not so easy, as most of the stuff is underground... LOL
But I found some things that may be interesting ingredients for a set...

For one, the salt is not just on a heap, but spread out on some sort of drying vat... pic 1 and 2

There is always a building with some sort of Tower for the drilling... pic 3 and 4

Also nice would be some sort of conveyor (non-mechanized)... pic 5

Hope that gives you some ideas...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Turis

There are several ways to obtain salt.
    1)By trading
    2)Underground salt mine
    3)Salt as a resource which can be gathered from the ground, a dried salt lake or a pond
    4)Take sea water and dry it on a fake pond

Pangaea

5) Buy it in the local store  ;D

Another option, if it's not done already, may be smoked fish. My 'uncle' does this all the time. You can see some pictures here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_fish

Stock-fish (tørrfisk) is famous in Norway, especially in the north. It looks similar to the main picture here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockfish

RedKetchup

Quote from: Pangaea on September 17, 2015, 09:47:47 AM
5) Buy it in the local store  ;D

Another option, if it's not done already, may be smoked fish. My 'uncle' does this all the time. You can see some pictures here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_fish

Stock-fish (tørrfisk) is famous in Norway, especially in the north. It looks similar to the main picture here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockfish

stockfish is already done @Pangaea  :)

the problem with fish isnt clear which process they used. smoked , salted or just dried. the problem they use 2-3 process. and smoke and dry or and salt and dry ^^
i have 3 good names : Bacalhau, Stockfish and Kippers.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 17, 2015, 11:15:15 AMthe problem with fish isnt clear which process they used. smoked , salted or just dried.

Yeah, everything else is Smoked | Dried | Cured  Meat
I don't really see the need for these "exotic" names for fish, just call it Smoked | Dried | Cured Fish and there will be no confusion...  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 17, 2015, 01:42:47 PM

Yeah, everything else is Smoked | Dried | Cured  Meat
I don't really see the need for these "exotic" names for fish, just call it Smoked | Dried | Cured Fish and there will be no confusion...  :)

bah at least someone really want Bacalhau ^^ i can maybe do : Smoked fish, Dried Fish, and Bacalhau ? (i dont like 'cured' fish , sounds strange)  ^^

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 17, 2015, 02:09:04 PMi dont like 'cured' fish , sounds strange

I was wondering about that, too... why not just "Salted Fish", that would also connect it clearly to the Old Saltery? (like in the Trader's menu etc.)

And also just Salted Meat...

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 17, 2015, 02:09:04 PM
bah at least someone really want Bacalhau ^^ i can maybe do : Smoked fish, Dried Fish, and Bacalhau ? (i dont like 'cured' fish , sounds strange)  ^^

why not even further simplify it to : preserved meat | fish | poultry | cheese | fruit | veggies as outputted by smokery, saltery and dry shack ? the process of curing/preserving is usually a combination of smoking/salting/drying anyway.

input meat + salt = preserved meat, which equals to
input meat + firewood = preserved meat, which equals to
input meat + time ? = preserved meat.

about the names : a few, with me included added a few names to the list as example. bacalhau, kippers and stockfish are examples of cured/preserved food from western/northern europe. it would be nice to have that list if you would work with loads of products like CC. but in this case and @RedKetchup s wisdom he chose for simple :) which is perfect too!

about salt mine : not up to your high standards @RedKetchup !
why not use your old mountain root cellar as entrance, with salt / carts (on rail) around it.
that one better fits your NMT models

about slavers compound : even though slavery is something from all times, even today and middle ages.
i think this idea will fit CC much better then NMT.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Bobbi

If all of them made just one product, preserved meat, no matter what the input, it would be fine by me.  ;)