News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 22, 2015, 07:56:10 AM
if you are wondering what i am doing now ??

i am back to optimize the house models.
far from finished ^^

but i am back first to the ones i already optimized to try to fix the roofs and the 'shadows in game' problems :(

for those who dont know what i am talking about ..... the problem found here : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=961.msg18656#msg18656 (2nd screenshot)

You probably now this but turn on backface culling in Max.

Max shows standard the textures from both directions on a plane while this is outside max not true.
Backface culling let you show how it will look outside Max.

So spinning the building around and it shows you where you can look through from inside out.

I had the problem with the farm stand where the canvas was transparent from inside out so googled on that problem and found about Back face culling.

I had to give the canvas what was a spline a shell modifier .
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

oh i know the back face of a plane will be invisible in game :) already been experimented :) this is why i always take the time to make sure to rotate 180 as i need :)

but the shadow effect of this game , and the problem it can cause, has a different source. if the 'supposely' light from an artificial 'sun' or 'light' passe through just 1 face 'of a plane' without a second plane at 180 (in the back) , it doesnt register the shadow data and then doesnt draw it on the ground.

the only thing i ve got to do to fix my shadows was to replace the optimized roof (roof with only 1 face left from a cube) with a roof made with a real cube (at 6 faces)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: DesoPL on September 22, 2015, 08:48:59 AM
@chillzz You know, there is diffrence between an castle and towerhouse. :) Towerhouse is builded as fortifications also to defend strategic positions, but also they are aristrocats residences, but in the middle age. :)
yes i know there is a difference between a keep / donjon / tower house and a complete castle.
but there is an overlap, usually the keep / donjon / tower house developed into a fortified castle town.

by definition a keep / donjon / tower house is for aristocrats, regular folk and peasants didn't have the means to have such a building.
the defense strategic part is due to the wealthy family living there.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

Red, when you will create the new post "New Medieval Town 2.0" in "Suggestions and Mod Ideas"?  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

usually i do it when i release a build.

but i can do sooner if you want :D
i ll do it once i finished all those optimizations.

purringcat

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 22, 2015, 05:29:27 PM
oh i know the back face of a plane will be invisible in game :) already been experimented :) this is why i always take the time to make sure to rotate 180 as i need :)

Is this true even when materials are forced two-sided?

RedKetchup

thats not really the material that is forced 2 side, it is what you apply the material on.

a plane is just 1 face of a cube, a dice has 6 faces. a plane probably has maybe 2 side, but when you do a dice at 6 side, and delete all other 5 sides... the 'artificial' plane you are resulting, this one, the side that it should have been inside, that one is invisible.

RedKetchup

these images i cannot do much with it. if they would have been on a transparent .png i could.
but those are .jpg and jpg arent transparent. it would ask me to take photoshop and try to delete all the 'black' color
but thx though. (they seems to come from a rendered from a 3D mesh)

purringcat

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 23, 2015, 09:25:57 AM
these images i cannot do much with it. if they would have been on a transparent .png i could.
but those are .jpg and jpg arent transparent. it would ask me to take photoshop and try to delete all the 'black' color
but thx though. (they seems to come from a rendered from a 3D mesh)

They're from stuff I did for SC4 and I have lots of meshes... flowers, bushes and trees.
Pretty much all done in Xfrog and high poly.

RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: purringcat on September 23, 2015, 10:11:56 AMThey're from stuff I did for SC4

Ohhhh - is this like 'stuff' from e.g. BSCMEGAProps_MJB_Vol02 or BSCBATProps_MJB_Vol09 or such?   ???

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

purringcat

Mostly from BSC prop mjb01     Just trying to nudge you into thinking about freeing up some of the wonderful woodsy models you did.   8)
There are a bunch of meshes out there from SC4 but I'm concerned they're too high poly.   Banished loads a bit slower but haven't seen a
slow down in play yet.   It's much easier to keep buildings low poly than detailed plant life.    But it's the plant life and cool props that allow
the game to look so beautiful.   

chillzz

oh wonderful paeng, bsc and other wonderful sc4 content to banished?! i'm all for it :)
as long as it fits the theme of the game of course.. no need for shiny office buildings, 6 lane highways :P
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: purringcat on September 23, 2015, 04:12:37 PMmjb01

Cool, well met (again)...  :)

Quotemodels you did

Not guilty... mine was always more the modding and particularly the lotting... ;)
And finding good modelers I could torture with my ideas... LOL

QuoteBut it's the plant life and cool props that allow the game to look so beautiful.

Indeed... and now that they found a way to put a sort of MMPs into Banished, the need for plenty different props is even greater...  :)

Quote from: chillzz on September 23, 2015, 05:02:26 PMno need for shiny office buildings, 6 lane highways

LOL... not to worry, I've always been one for the rather laid back bucolic settings...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

DesoPL

Now i started fearing, that Banished modding is dying. :(