Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 29, 2015, 09:59:46 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on September 29, 2015, 07:57:38 AMa Medieval Clay Pit

Okay, good idea... I'm just wondering - are clay pits not situated near lakes, or some kind of water?

yes it will be :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tilleen

Quote from: chillzz on September 29, 2015, 05:34:17 AM
Quote from: Tilleen on September 28, 2015, 11:23:30 PM
The mines that I have seen from around the 1880 - 1920s were never that neat.

I think they were just a hole in the ground, with a winch and a-frame, no ladder, maybe some boards around the edge to stop it collapsing :(

you know that is way way after the first industrial revolution right?
and they used steel, steam and heavy tools/machinery for mining and cement and bricks for building back then

Not everywhere. Some places were 50+km from small population centres and hundreds of kM from large ones and had no infrastructure to get heavy industry anywhere near them. Horses and drays. Also I am thinking they were small gold mining operations.

RedKetchup

tonight, again very tired :S...

but i still put some elements to have a better view on how it can end up :P
you will tell me many things arent the good size... i know
it was just for testing :)

Paeng

It's going to be cool...  ;)

Can you try to break the square footprint though?
The whole thing should be more round or irregular... maybe with some heaps of sand and small rocks along the edge, too...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 30, 2015, 06:10:57 AM
It's going to be cool...  ;)

Can you try to break the square footprint though?
The whole thing should be more round or irregular... maybe with some heaps of sand and small rocks along the edge, too...

yeah thats all the footprint the problem i have with this mesh ^^
making an house full set squared i am super good... but something that should be set everything but squared and looking like nature... total chaos ...
i always been super bad ^^

Now, i know : Why the clay building of CC is looking like that ^^
it is not an easy one, a very difficult one ^^

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 30, 2015, 08:06:32 AMyeah thats all the footprint the problem

Ouch... so that square piece of ground is not a texture but part of the model?

* Feels like I have begged modelers not to do that as long as I can think...  :-X

Bobbi

Quotehehe /HUG_Bobbi

in wait .... i let you try to ... guess.... what this thing will be or will become

It is obviously a hole in the ground for me to crawl in to while I wait for your evil genius to culminate in a wondrous new release.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 30, 2015, 08:24:42 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on September 30, 2015, 08:06:32 AMyeah thats all the footprint the problem

Ouch... so that square piece of ground is not a texture but part of the model?

* Feels like I have begged modelers not to do that as long as I can think...  :-X

both.

the problem is i need to fill the hole. the digging through the ground in this game is EXTREMLY bad coded. Luke has been very bad at that.
you cannot cut surgically the ground. it always by 1x1x1 and very often it only cut a triangle part of it, you cant even control it. sometimes it is fine, but you 'turn = R key' the building and some 1x1x1 square are cut in diagonal, or you just put it 1x side of it and it does it again.
the code is very bad.

so i need to have something that cover everything.

screenshot 1 show you how it is in 3ds...
screenshot 2 show you if i delete it
screenshot 3 show you the footprint draw on the ground
screenshots 4-5 show you the holes in game i need to cover

RedKetchup

i will show you my image which i am take as model. i took the general idea from Anno 1470

the footprint is the original footprint. that i didnt had problem to go get it ...
but i cannot get the 3D mesh. it is a .gr2 and it is a granny2 file. and the Granny 2 program cost ........ 15,000$ USD
LOlllllll  :-X

RedKetchup

but still i think i am getting there ... slowly ^^

i modified my footprint (copied left half over the right half)

RedKetchup

i am starting to really like it :)

what you guys and girls think of all this ?
your opinion ?

Paeng

Yeah, starting to look really good...  :)
My goodness, so many problems thrown your way...   :-[

But really, from what I have seen, it is always more or less like this. No game developer can think of or foresee all the stuff a dedicated community and the modders will come up with, so these kind of problems are kinda "normal"... sometimes more, sometimes less - modding is always complicated, and needs people who can work around problems...  :P

You're already doing really well, great progress on the model... one thing left is the good (bad) old moirĂ© patterns - remember? You had to fight those with the canal waters, too...  :o
* I hope you still remember how to get rid of them... :P

gerns

to me its a great improvement over cc an i love it just the way it is-----YOU ARE FANTASTIC

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 30, 2015, 12:06:53 PM
* I hope you still remember how to get rid of them... :P

in fact i never got rid of this, all i did i chose a .png with more waves in the water :P more color changing it had, more different pixel colors.... and more it helped.

i know i see the 'moiré' in this one too. i still dont know how to get rid :P but will certainly find a parry ^^

i bought and downloaded this set of market yesterday : http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/maya-marketplace-items-3-version/613825

there is 3 models. 1 high poly, 1 low poly they are saying :P but still extremly high, and a low poly. i took the lowest poly but still very high , all the set it has 50,000 poly. thats huge.
just adding 4-5 things like a tent, 4-5 poteries, a wheelbarrow, a dozen of boxes.... my mesh jumped from 800 poly at 14,000 poly.

it has no sense.
so i am optimizing presently the things i will add in this mesh. when you say sometihng has 350 poly. you would think... thats nothing. but if it is a box or a basket... and you add like 10 of those... bah 350 poly X 10 = 3500 poly !

3500poly here... 5500 poly there (10x550) ... another 7500 poly there (10x750) that become stupid and crazy !
so i am optimizing.

sometime i can get like -40 poly (on a 300) ... thats not much but still that saved...
sometime like the one i just did ?? ? i really amaze myself LOL really. sometimes when i let my imagination go ...

take this basket (screenshot 1). it is the original. it has 140 poly (very low) but if you put 10 of those on the site , 140x10 = 1400 poly. but it has a problem. since all the sides are made of just 1 plane, 0' thick, in game it 'disappears' (screenshot 2) it needs to have a thickness (like made of dozens of boxes(sides) side by side)
as you can see in that screenshot 2 , when you see the side of the basket that is inside... it disappears. so i had to fix that.

so i let my imagination go ... and i thought to .. if maybe i do a double of it, and i try to put the outside sides and put them inside ? that way when the camera would see the interior of the basket , in fact it would see the other mesh inside which has the exterior : inside ^^ and then the camera will show it to us.

if i take this 140 poly, and i double it inside out ... it has now 280 poly. you would still think that 280 is nothing, but had a dozen of baskets on the site and : 280X12 = 3360 poly !!!

so i redid it :) instead of a cilinder of 24 sides... i did one of just 12 sides and i doubled it inside and i used a 'button' i never discovered before >> Flip << (it takes all the one side and switch them to the other side ^^) so it takes the outside sides and put them inside the basket.
and i scaled it down to 99% to make sure the new inside sides are inside. (screenshot 3)

i also gone to modify the .png which had 2048x2048 pixels and changed it to 128x128. as you can see on my screeshot 4 , mine , my basket has double sides, and only have 106 poly !
Not only it has less poly, and it has double sides :)
10 baskets will have only 1060 poly instead of 2800 (140x2)x10)

you can see the result in game (screenshot 5) hehe.

i amaze myself sometimes... and it is fun when you find a way to do things ^^