Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Fellow Villager

looks great my friend...but be careful! the sign tells 'potery' with only one 't'!

Pangaea

Looks really cool Red Ketchup :) Just make sure you fix the spelling so it says "Pottery" ;)

RedKetchup

Turis

Bobbi

RedKetchup

i know i did nothing this week/weekend but tonight i was playing and testing this ' baked map texturing' that i just finally learned today ^^

i will need to make some 'adjustments' because i was counting of some 'magic' for my flowers with semi-transparent textures.... and inside that 'baked unified textures... my flowers lose their .... 'magic'  ???
(as you can see on screenshot 1)

also (on screenshot 2 and 3), i notice something strange... the planks of wood in a 'W' forms where is the roof and the stucco  ... disappeared. i need to figure that out what is going on :P

i will probably need to bake the houses first and then after add the magic parts (flowers) apart. since i have to edit all the thing, i will probably also go for 3D windows/doors (like the way i was doing them lately on the last models) i was also counting on the 'magic' feature when i redid my windows/doors.

ShockPuppet

i dont remember at the moment what to do for alpha channel.

Which method you using, i guess it is 3dSmax so mental ray or light trace?

Gatherer

Don't worry Mr. Red, you'll figure it out like you always do. You have the skillz and our full support.

:)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Pangaea

Bobbi

RedKetchup

Quote from: ShockPuppet on October 11, 2015, 07:58:47 AM
i dont remember at the moment what to do for alpha channel.

Which method you using, i guess it is 3dSmax so mental ray or light trace?

none of these, or at least, i dont remember any of these names called or clicked in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dehYAtTjZeg

ShockPuppet

But why would you want to do this if you already have a multi material object? It's just auto unwrap. You get the same result by removing UV overlap by shifting uvws by 1 unit and doing a mental ray trace render for AO and this way you get to keep many textures to use for buildings and its better for performance (cause they're being reused).

RedKetchup

Quote from: ShockPuppet on October 11, 2015, 03:29:57 PM
But why would you want to do this if you already have a multi material object? It's just auto unwrap. You get the same result by removing UV overlap by shifting uvws by 1 unit and doing a mental ray trace render for AO and this way you get to keep many textures to use for buildings and its better for performance (cause they're being reused).

you think it is better for performance ?? because as like it is now (screenshots) the .FBX file just made the final drop from 88.3kb to 52.0kb (389kb in NMT1.1b)
gah cant post screenshot today - server internal error

ShockPuppet

yah but thats the 3d model. I mean, say if you have 1 png or jpg texture (using this method) for each of 10 buildings, you will have 10 textures at 1024x1024 right? but if keeping multi material, maybe you have RoofTexture.png, WallTexture.png, WoodTexture.png for all 10... thats 3 textures for 10 buildings. See what I mean? If have a lot of buildings using same textures, is better for performance.

Did i make sense? LOL  ;D