News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

I think New Medieval looks best when the streets are really wide (space being no object). First pic is when streets on 3 wide and second from other end of street. Third shot is wide street with all the shops. Fourth is all the houses. Fifth is straight down the middle and sixth is a close up with beautification. Thank you for all the hard work, @RedKetchup! :) :)

RedKetchup

yes they do :) and it is intended too !
too bad we cant make road 3 tiles large by default ^^

/love your last screenshot :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tilleen

You could make it so that there are 3 layers of road in front of the houses to force a minimum of 3 spaces between the houses, but that may get annoying to some people if they want a narrow road for some reason.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tilleen on October 18, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
but that may get annoying to some people if they want a narrow road for some reason.

same for those you like to make boulvards with decorations in middle of 2 lanes.

RedKetchup

the gothic 3rd level has changed alittle bit. i had to fix a problem with some of the level 2 roof was still showing ontop of this gothic. so i ve got to put the roof higher, bah i mean lower but less a big slop. to fully understand, i guess you would need to compare it with the one in the game presently ^^

i didnt got alot of super saving on polygons (only 60%) cause the metal pikes on the roof... but still worth it as it is :)

Bobbi

So the difference is a slight overhang? I can't see much difference.

On the topic of wider roads, I think it should be up to the player how wide he/she wants them to be, definitely not change the houses. It would be nice maybe to have the option to lay three tile wide roads, but I usually do a mix of stone and dirt, separated by canals or trees or flowers.

RedKetchup

well :) i finished to fully optimize all the housing part of the Medieval 3-Story Houses :)
the payload passed from 52MB for these to only 7MB :) for all the set

i know i still have to do all the commercial buildings ... and hostel ...
but i ll be able now to play with textures and do different look the the 3story Medieval Houses :)

i wish to find at least 1 good different look ... +2 would be awesome

RedKetchup

Medieval Kiln ?? not sure if it is the right word but this building should take Clay + firewood and make Bricks which will be used to upgrade the Medieval Houses to Medieval Brick Houses :)

it should do also Clay + firewood and make Roof Tiles (also used to upgrade Medieval House to Medieval Brick Houses)

i need to do the new resources : Bricks and Roof Tiles
i need to make the brown footprint on the ground and make people go work in this building :)

ShockPuppet

looks great mate! love the tree texture choice

DesoPL

RedKetchup

Bobbi

Looks very good, and would love an upgrade for medieval houses for more variety. And of course it will play nicely with CC, right?

Tilleen

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 21, 2015, 12:45:11 AM
Medieval Kiln ?? not sure if it is the right word but this building should take Clay + firewood and make Bricks which will be used to upgrade the Medieval Houses to Medieval Brick Houses :)

it should do also Clay + firewood and make Roof Tiles (also used to upgrade Medieval House to Medieval Brick Houses)

i need to do the new resources : Bricks and Roof Tiles
i need to make the brown footprint on the ground and make people go work in this building :)

I assume that the Bricks are going to be compatible with CC. I don't know if Roof tiles are in CC. Where do we get the clay from (trader?), assuming it is going to be able to be used independently from CC?

Also it look very good.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tilleen on October 21, 2015, 04:30:17 PM
I assume that the Bricks are going to be compatible with CC. I don't know if Roof tiles are in CC. Where do we get the clay from (trader?), assuming it is going to be able to be used independently from CC?

Clay is from this Medieval Clay Pit

RedKetchup

sorry , didnt got alot of time to work on these , this week.

Medieval Kiln done :)

int _width = 5;
   int _height = 5; (4+1 road)

BuildDescription build
   int _workRequired = 20;
         ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialStone.rsc";
         int _count = 20;

via a menu, this building can create 2 new ressources from Clay :
1 . RawMaterialBrick (take 10 Clay + 1 firewood and create 6-10 Bricks : 5 value, flags = Stone)
2 . RawMaterialRoofTile (take 10 Clay + 1 firewood and create 6-10 Roof Tile : 5 value, flags = Stone)

screenshots :
1: being worked and stockpile in the back.
2: build_001 and final with brown footprint fixed.