News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 24, 2015, 04:54:31 AM
here a test with another roof tiles textures (2nd) :)

Think I liked these best (which probably don't show up, but they were in the quoted post... :D)

The more I look at that house the more I like it :) Good colour combination, and not too "flashy". Though there could perhaps be another window on that wall?

I would like to live in a house like that. One day. Maybe...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Pangaea on October 24, 2015, 11:53:44 AM
The more I look at that house the more I like it :) Good colour combination, and not too "flashy". Though there could perhaps be another window on that wall?

there are the stairs going to the 3rd floor on this side :)
(and the other side there are the stairs for the 2nd floor)

the window in the back goes beneath the balcony, but in front they would kinda arrive where are the stairs....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

WOW, you are really working hard on this @RedKetchup. I´m looking forward for the release of these new great things!

Jonarus_Drakus

I like the darker red of the 'toned down' Spanish tiles, That one would be the winner in my book.

I was just thinking... On the "old" skin, you have white-washed sections, but on the new version, they are the same brick as the walls. Maybe it might look nice if you kept the painted sections painted... Just a different colour (red again?) to suit the new walls and roof...

~JD

RedKetchup

all 1st floor (models 1 to 6) has been made with Bricks instead of Stones :)
these models keep the original roof.

cost is about the same but the same amount of stones has been replaced by Bricks :)

:D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jonarus_Drakus on October 24, 2015, 07:39:10 PM
I like the darker red of the 'toned down' Spanish tiles, That one would be the winner in my book.

I was just thinking... On the "old" skin, you have white-washed sections, but on the new version, they are the same brick as the walls. Maybe it might look nice if you kept the painted sections painted... Just a different colour (red again?) to suit the new walls and roof...

~JD

you mean the stucco on top part ?

Jonarus_Drakus

Yeah, the Stucco!

Keep the texture, just change the colour to something that suits the new look... Just an idea (I like how the stone ones have that sort of texture variation on them).

Might also make doing the higher floors a little easier, since they were more stucco than stone (in appearance anyway).

~JD

irrelevant

Man, these are great! Such nice work, @RedKetchup

I'd much rather have a variety of dwellings than additional resources and production chains.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jonarus_Drakus on October 24, 2015, 08:06:23 PM
Yeah, the Stucco!

Keep the texture, just change the colour to something that suits the new look... Just an idea (I like how the stone ones have that sort of texture variation on them).

Might also make doing the higher floors a little easier, since they were more stucco than stone (in appearance anyway).

~JD

gonna check that after what i am doing :)
(the way i remade and optimized all my buildings.... it is easy to play with the textures of each part^^)

in wait :)

all 1st floor (models 1 to 6) has been made with the 2nd model : Bricks instead of Stones
and these model use Clay Rooftiles instead of Wood as roof :)

cost is about the same but the same amount of stones has been replaced by Bricks :)
and most wood cost replaced by Roof tiles :)

RedKetchup

all 1st floor (models 1 to 6) has been made with the 3rd model : Bricks instead of Stones
and these model use 'Spanish' Clay Rooftiles instead of Wood as roof :)

and most wood cost replaced by Roof tiles :)

RedKetchup

The way it will work :  ;D (maybe some people will be deceived LOL , surely)

i dont want to add tons of icons in the Medieval Houses Toolbars so....

these new model will only be available as 'upgrade'.
also this way help to simulate the fact those 'red bricks and rooftiles' appeared a bit more later in history. so it delays a bit the time you will switch to these upgrades.

my first idea was to make them only available after a certain 'timeline building' but we cant do that . i tried to put the building requirement code (of nomads) and apply it to buildings... tried everywhere, but refuse to take account of it, so the upgrades are available right from the start :(

and that way , as 'upgrade' it will add and buy some time. not alot , but few moments.

This screenshot show you and tells you everything about it :)

When you will click on 1 of these 3 icons, it will be the look of the house you will get  ;D

grammycat

I really like what you've done and especially like the fact they will be an upgrade option.  This will help keep the game challenging and also be a good natural progression for a town.  Thank you for all your work and I'm looking forward to this update.

Jonarus_Drakus

I agree, the 'upgrade' angle is awesome... Is it actually all three at once like that?

Also I have a new suggestion for a type of shop (maybe save it for a unique 'corner shop' option) - CC has a 'chandler' for the making candles... How about a version of that that works like the other shops you have made for this set?

~JD

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jonarus_Drakus on October 25, 2015, 02:56:16 AM
I agree, the 'upgrade' angle is awesome... Is it actually all three at once like that?

Also I have a new suggestion for a type of shop (maybe save it for a unique 'corner shop' option) - CC has a 'chandler' for the making candles... How about a version of that that works like the other shops you have made for this set?

~JD

yes all 3 icons are there in same time :) and i have enough space for a 4th :)
it is not a photoshop trick ^^

about chandler... i dont know. i need to think about that. (depending how many want it too  :P)

DesoPL

I wonder if CC Bricks could be compatiable with your houses?