News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyCucumber

Hey Red, may I suggest somethig you might want to include in NMT?

Here goes:

Our villagers could use somewhere to wash their clothes, right? So why not have a public clothes-washing building? They've been around since the medieval times. What better place for our villagers have a little gossip while washing their clothes after a hard day's work? :D We could have a basic rural setting (made of wood or simply some structure by the river?) and we could perhaps upgrade it to fit a more urbal area in the middle of the city?

I suggested this to the Black Liquid guys, but they pointed out your mod is the only one so far to use soap: maybe these buildings could consume soap and in turn provide a happiness and health radius around it?...

What do you think, is this something feasible?

RedKetchup

thats true, i have soap but ... it is not 'ON'  :-\
i am ok though to make one since long time you ask for it

but need to figure out what we will do with it (its function)
the problem to 'use' an item without free dynamic material flag (which is the most important thing i try to request from Luke)...
i need to give it a flag 'to use' but citizens will 'use' everything inside that flag and so same thing with those.

and to give health back while using an item : it needs to be flag 'health'. the sad thing with that and this is why i created it and 'disabled' it then after.... citizens are taking everything that is flag 'health' so.... they are going also to the apothecary and use a 'soap' and make an awesome 'infusion' with their soap and drink it  :-[

so...... it needs more thinking  :-\
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 01, 2015, 06:17:29 PM
thats true, i have soap but ... it is not 'ON'  :-\
i am ok though to make one since long time you ask for it

but need to figure out what we will do with it (its function)
the problem to 'use' an item without free dynamic material flag (which is the most important thing i try to request from Luke)...
i need to give it a flag 'to use' but citizens will 'use' everything inside that flag and so same thing with those.

and to give health back while using an item : it needs to be flag 'health'. the sad thing with that and this is why i created it and 'disabled' it then after.... citizens are taking everything that is flag 'health' so.... they are going also to the apothecary and use a 'soap' and make an awesome 'infusion' with their soap and drink it  :-[

so...... it needs more thinking  :-\

Yeah, those flags are really getting troublesome.
I have quite some ideas but put them on the backburner till we get dynamic flags, if we ever get them that is.

IMHO it is not worth it (for me) to mod a lot of things which will just not work right because of heavy limitation of the flags/limits.

The only thing I can see is to just model that washing building and maybe only give some health or happiness without any rawmaterials assigned to them?
At least the building is in the game and lots of players like new buildings even when they do not directly have an (direct) impact game play wise.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

just finished ALL my floor 3 models :)
just need to make my 300 text files to make them work ^^

Turis

Quote from: MightyCucumber on November 01, 2015, 04:58:34 PM
Hey Red, may I suggest somethig you might want to include in NMT?

Here goes:

Our villagers could use somewhere to wash their clothes, right? So why not have a public clothes-washing building? They've been around since the medieval times. What better place for our villagers have a little gossip while washing their clothes after a hard day's work? :D We could have a basic rural setting (made of wood or simply some structure by the river?) and we could perhaps upgrade it to fit a more urbal area in the middle of the city?

I suggested this to the Black Liquid guys, but they pointed out your mod is the only one so far to use soap: maybe these buildings could consume soap and in turn provide a happiness and health radius around it?...

What do you think, is this something feasible?

Could we use it with similar effects as the bath-house or decoration which improves happiness? People tend to be happier when they wear clean clothes.

MightyCucumber

Thanks Red. ;) Yeah, like you guys pointed out maybe it's better to just build the model for now if you find time, and then at a later date include the Soap>>>Happiness functionality.

By the way, I wanna ask you something else (totally cool if you don't agree ;) ): have you ever planned on including Adriana's Library/College, Jamie's Monastery, the new Little Chappel you made and your old Warehouse mod inside NMT? This way all we needed would be inside NMT, and there would be no need for 3 additional mods in our WinData folder.

Just asking this for simplicity's sake, I have so many mods that sometimes I get confused with the load orders. @_@

RedKetchup

Quote from: MightyCucumber on November 03, 2015, 07:16:35 AM
Thanks Red. ;) Yeah, like you guys pointed out maybe it's better to just build the model for now if you find time, and then at a later date include the Soap>>>Happiness functionality.

ok

By the way, I wanna ask you something else (totally cool if you don't agree ;) ): have you even planned on including Adriana's Library/College, Jamie's Monastery, the new Little Chappel you made and your old Warehouse mod inside NMT? This way all we needed would be inside NMT, and there would be no need for 3 additional mods in our WinData folder.

adrianna library has been included already, it has been redesigned to fit this mod.
about college.... i included a new school specially for this mod. i dont know i can maybe check to add the old one.
about monestary , warehouse and chapel... i guess i can do. i need to modify little chapel anyways.

Just asking this for simplicity's sake, I have so many mods that sometimes I get confused with the load orders. @_@

i understand this perfectly :) i also want to include decoration items too

RedKetchup

Here it goes about 3rd floor models :)
it took more time than expected... got some little problems to fix... got also problems with my satisfaction IMO ^^

michbret

Awesome work Red.

The NMT development is impressive. That's one of my favourite mod (with NMC and CC:NF).

Thanks

Michel

PS Si j'avais plus de temps cela me donnerait presque envie de me lancer dans la modélisation 3D

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Good Lord, these are beautiful! You do such nice modeling, mon ami.

gerns

RedKetchup

thanks you :) all of you :)

just need to fix a couple of things tommorow ... and then i ll switch to corner houses :)

DesoPL

Can't wait play it, really! :) It's looks very cool. ^_^

MightyCucumber

:o Incredible! Your speed is remarkable Red, I tip my hat to you!

By the way, are you keeping the old textures and add these or are these replacing the old ones? I kinda got used to the white walls with the brown roofs, as well as the stone walled houses at street level. They blend well with a lot of other buildings. ;P