News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

LOVE the blacksmith.  ;D
I hope you will have your old blacksmith, tailor, tavern etc available as a separate mod download for those of us who cannot have enough variety, though. I still think they are cute and use in more rural areas where the "town" feel of the things does not fit as well.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on November 11, 2015, 09:11:24 AM
LOVE the blacksmith.  ;D
I hope you will have your old blacksmith, tailor, tavern etc available as a separate mod download for those of us who cannot have enough variety, though. I still think they are cute and use in more rural areas where the "town" feel of the things does not fit as well.

yeah i can maybe do that
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i present you the new Medieval Blacksmith :)

at begining, building the blacksmith, you will get the building at the very left of the picture. it is a cheap version. low cost, allowing a fast build and offer you the lower versions of tools.
and on its window you have 1 Upgrade Icon.

clicking on it you get the new, bigger version which has all the tools patterns. picture of center left. That version has 2 Upgrade Icons which allow you you change the look of it :)
which are the 2 models on the right.

RedKetchup

Tilleen

Quote from: elemental on November 11, 2015, 03:30:16 AM
Looks great.  :)

I found this pic ages ago. Your mod almost makes it possible to build something like this, but it needs a tunnel/gateway building. Any chance you could make a ground-level building something like the one circled in red?

The CC have a market place that works that way. Different style of course.

DesoPL

I hope still wooden tools etc, might be produced. :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on November 11, 2015, 03:30:16 AM
Looks great.  :)

I found this pic ages ago. Your mod almost makes it possible to build something like this, but it needs a tunnel/gateway building. Any chance you could make a ground-level building something like the one circled in red?

so the entrance / passage way would need to be 2 tiles width. so i would do as same footprint as the 1st floor, it would need :
1 tile "walls" - 2 tiles "open" - 1 tile "walls" (maybe the tile walls can have a door in each)

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on November 12, 2015, 07:05:57 AM
I hope still wooden tools etc, might be produced. :D

yup :)

first model, the cheap one : wooden tools , stone tools, iron tools

all the upgrades :  wooden tools , stone tools, iron tools, steel tools, and carbon steel tools

chillzz

@RedKetchup

instead of doors in the walls, you could do windows,  since you could have a doorway in the "open" part.

and in case i didn't say it enough : Your work is fabulous!
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on November 12, 2015, 07:23:21 AM
@RedKetchup

instead of doors in the walls, you could do windows,  since you could have a doorway in the "open" part.

and in case i didn't say it enough : Your work is fabulous!

yes that too :)
thanks

elemental

A few ideas for you:

- maybe there should be no first floor building so you get a wider tunnel? Gives us more room to decorate the tunnel with barrels and wagons and other things.
- the 2nd level building could touch the ground on both sides. Level 3 could also touch ground on both sides. This would make it all symmetrical.
- or you could make two mirror image combined 2nd/3rd level tunnel buildings. Each one makes half of the tunnel and you could put the doors for 2nd/3rd level inside the tunnel.
- tunnel doors or gates could be made as optional ghost decorations.

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this.  :)

chillzz

Quote from: elemental on November 12, 2015, 01:20:44 PM
- maybe there should be no first floor building so you get a wider tunnel? Gives us more room to decorate the tunnel with barrels and wagons and other things.
you can already achieve this, without building the ground/1st floor.
place 2nd / 3rd floor with enough spacing for 1st floor.. et voila a 4 wide tunnel, with walls (from either staircase) on both sides.

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on November 12, 2015, 06:51:16 PM
Quote from: elemental on November 12, 2015, 01:20:44 PM
you can already achieve this, without building the ground/1st floor.
place 2nd / 3rd floor with enough spacing for 1st floor.. et voila a 4 wide tunnel, with walls (from either staircase) on both sides.

yeah kinda a bit pointless

Bobbi

elemental

Yes I know you can do that but it looks very strange with two sets of stairs next to each other on each side of the tunnel. If they were doors it might look OK but with all those steps it just looks weird. Doors inside the tunnel for the upper level houses would look much better.  :)