News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tilleen on November 16, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

Is there any advantages to the upgrade to the brick versions, from a gaming point of view?

no. only apparence

err...
houses have better resistances to temperatures :)

and maybe some little little bonuses in the time to craft something , but really almost imperceptible. :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

noobee

Those new buildings look absolutly amazing. Though I noticed that the already upgraded bulding don't have the upgrade option. It would be nice to be able to change the color model without demolishing and rebuilding. And the upgrade button is always useful for kicking old people out.

RedKetchup

bah no, the upgraded version dont have the upgrade button : they are already upgraded.
unless CC team has found a way to upgrade a building without demolishing and kick people... i dont think it is possible (against the game rules which we cant change)

noobee

I guess I failed to express my thoughts correctly. English is not my native language. I meant could you live the upgrade button for buildings that have more then one upgrade variant? So if you want to change say red brick house with light roof into something else you won't have to manually demolish it, then rebuild the starting variant and upgrading it into let's say 'white wall with darker roof'. Instead you hit the upgrade button and the workers do their thing (demolish\rebuild) like with any other upgradeable building. Hope I explained myself better this time.

RedKetchup

i see what you mean... yeah i can do but it would be alot of work ( i would need to install all the upgrades icons (code + pictures) on all the upgrade version txt files)
thats would be alot and alot of work and it was the reason i kept them simple.

i ll see... if i still have alot of time before i can release it.

RedKetchup

i didnt had alot of time but i still finished the new Medieval Bakery (cheap and non-upgraded)
:D

Trizeropz

noobee

I did not realize it was that difficult, thought it was a little more then simple copy/paste. In that case I guess it's not that extremely important function. Though it would still be nice to have that option, so please look into it if you have spare time.

DesoPL

Paeng

Quote from: noobee on November 16, 2015, 10:59:38 PMif you want to change say red brick house with light roof into something else

Some folks might find this confusing though... when I see an upgrade option, I usually expect some benefit (more residents, better heating, more storage and such)...

This would be more of an "I changed my mind" option - if that can be done at all, it should be called differently (not upgrade), and probably have a different icon, too... a lot of work indeed...  :-\
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: noobee on November 17, 2015, 04:25:38 AM
I did not realize it was that difficult, thought it was a little more then simple copy/paste. In that case I guess it's not that extremely important function. Though it would still be nice to have that option, so please look into it if you have spare time.

thats simple copy/paste but it is also hundreds of copy/paste lol also i would need select which upgrade to put and kick out the one that already is and replace it by the non-upgraded
or instead to put 5 icons, i would need to build a very new set up files at 4 upgrade icons only
(or i would need to put all 5 , even the one that is already in that texture)

MightyCucumber

Hey Red, I wonder if you can make a separate button with all the retired buildings? (old bakery, old tavern, etc.)

Also, I'd remove the bars in the bakery, they sort of look like animal cages instead of ovens. ;)

Other than that, awesome job as always!

RedKetchup

lol they look cages ? haha  :-[

i dunno i found the old model i used to draw my  old bakery :

it had that. i just turned them to black metal instead of white polished ones
(will see what i can do)

about old meshes... maybe some will be back in an external mod....

Tilleen

RedKetchup