Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on December 19, 2015, 04:05:39 AM
But it can be sold to merchants, right?

Of Course ! at the same price as CC Mod :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

I added the medieval Cotton Crop and Cotton Seed (Graciously provided by BlackLiquid Team - Creators of the awesome Colonial Charter Mod)
and I set all my Tailors and Tailors Upgrades recipes.

Since i want to keep my mod as simple as before, this is what i did :

The Cotton resource wont be processed by weavers like CC Mod do but will be directly handled by the tailors themselves :)
I am not adding any 'new' coat, i am using the 3 provided by the game itself
but i added new recipes in order to use cotton and integrate cotton as alternative for making : Hide Coat, Wool Coat and Winter Coat.

Hide Coats :
- 2 Leather
- 1 Leather + 20 Cotton
- 40 Cotton

Wool Coats :
- 2 Wool
- 1 Wool + 20 Cotton

Winter Coats :
- 2 Leather + 2 Wool
- 2 Leather + 40 Cotton
- 2 Wool + 40 Cotton
- 1 Leather + 1 Wool + 40 cotton

as you can see , i set up that 20 Cotton = 1 leather or 1 wool. (Based on some testing i did with hunters/farmers/Herdsmen)

Again, A BIG THANKS To Colonial Charter Team :)

Bobbi

QuoteWhat is left? Hunter? Fishery, Apiary, Creamery? Vendors? School?

So you are almost there!!!! Last four already done. Just hunter and fisher from this speculative list. Hunter you could probably leave alone, unless it needs optimizing.
From my own personal wishlist, there is upper level corner house and corner market store....and fence less version of fisher lake when you do that one. So excited! But don't rush just because CC is out. And don't do anything you don't want to do.  ;D

RedKetchup

pond and corner houses.
and someone wants a darker canal system (if we get a good texture for it)

grammycat

Love it all-especially the simplification of the use of cotton.  It's not the Smurfs in the honey-it's Winnie the Pooh!  I can see him sitting in one of those beehives eating honey until he's stuck like he was in Rabbit's house.  We have little brown bears here in Georgia, US that we call honey bears who love to rob honey too.

Denis de la Rive

All this is so awesome, so much variety, no two examples of the same building need be the same. The visual possibilities are so interesting, well worth the effort.

:)

Fellow Villager

red, i'll not start a banished game without 2.0.
i just fell like something is missed instead.
love you

ShockPuppet

Great work RK :D

Heard from Luke today, he will look at giving us possibility to allocate memory manually to Banished, he might make auto allocation better for us too.... means we can add to the mods until we make everyones computers run out of ram ;) hehehe

RedKetchup

Quote from: ShockPuppet on December 19, 2015, 01:15:28 PM
Great work RK :D

Heard from Luke today, he will look at giving us possibility to allocate memory manually to Banished, he might make auto allocation better for us too.... means we can add to the mods until we make everyones computers run out of ram ;) hehehe

i think there are things way more important than that, no ?
note that i am not a programmer, just a moddler

MightyCucumber

Quote from: Fellow Villager on December 19, 2015, 10:08:04 AM
red, i'll not start a banished game without 2.0.
i just fell like something is missed instead.
love you

Same here.  8) Work at your own pace bro, take breaks if needed, no need to rush it. ;)

By the way Red, will you consider including the old buildings in a separate tab inside the mod? Or as a side mod? I'd like to be able to use those if I wanted, they kinda bring me nostalgia. ;D

RedKetchup

i dunno. they are already deleted from NMT2.0
maybe later i can re-release them as a stand-alone mod (like Kral is doing with his 'cave' ^^)

RedKetchup

well, i pass all the evening on the Medieval Pond. Everything i was trying to 'optimize' it were always giving bad results. i guess my 'magic' couldnt do much for that one.
the only thing i could really save is the 6000 polygons for the nenuphars. for that it worked well cause the picture is at horizontal.
for the cattails which are set vertically, it was looking extremly bad. it represents 10,000 poly :(

i dunno. maybe it is a bad night, and usually at those bad nights, i dont touch 3D ^^
maybe later i can maybe find a way ...

i still managed to faufill the request to have an alternate 'F' without fences.

EDIT: Oh BTW, i also took care to lower the food results since many people told me they were too much OP. i changed the radius from 4 to 6 , getting more ground and non-water tiles => it lowered the number of catch from 6 to 4 fishies.
it seems now providing around 1000-1200 fish per year for a 9x8 building with 4 workers.

RedKetchup

well i think i ve found out a very good compromise :)

it was very very long to do but ..... i ve got what i wanted :) 1800 poly total instead of 22,600 original

RedKetchup

hehe i started to make a 2nd floor residence for the corner shops...

it is really not evident to imagine something looking good ^^

first screenshot you can see it look awesome over Blacksmith, Tailor and that kind of corner design....

but when to put an archeology, pottery building under it ....
it doesnt fit.

i need to make something good for everything ^^
not evident ^^