News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Currently optimizing my Bitty Rabbit Hutch =)

Just putting this idea here so I don't forget about it:

Jinxie - Certain Death Mod
- Add workplace with a super high rate of death
- Workplace will add Entertainment happiness when a worker is assigned lol
- Add a house that looks like a stockage or jail cell or something
- Whoever is assigned to the workplace (the person closest.. who lives in that jail cell or stockade) will die
- Include some other "punishment" deco pieces, I've seen models laying around =)

Very morbid but I've seen the request in different forms (somebody wishing for a way to execute a certain bannie for being annoying, etc. etc.) a few times

Jinxiewinxie

Almost done with a plain ol' fence and wall set:

They'll go nicely with the transparent cemeteries and pastures that are in Bitty Village (and other mods) and now I won't feel the need to include fences with every animal coop/hutch thingie I make =)

Jinxiewinxie

Fences were posted =)

Here's a WIP picture of a chicken coop, with my Rabbit Hutch in the background for comparison:

I was sort of working from this source image:

Dolbadarn

Loving the people props and the animal hutches / pens etc...

For your storybook house series maybe they will they have pet dragons / unicorns ?

Or are mythical beasts a step too far?

;D

Jinxiewinxie

I love unicorns! Might be difficult to pull off in banished though XD I did a tester thing for Storybook and the white stucco walls turned out terribad =( I'm going to circle back to the idea after making some hutches/coops/pen things I think and see if I can make it prettier.

Jinxiewinxie

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to do about a fenced version of the chicken coop =/ Most coops online are just.. enclosed by little wire fences but that doesn't leave much room for any deco chickens so you can actually tell its a chicken coop XD Maybe a little sideways chicken "run" type deal?

(I just half hazardly placed deco pieces around the building, fences aren't actually part of the model yet)

Jinxiewinxie

The sideways fenced area is growing on me, I think I'll run with it:

Abandoned

The chicken coop looks great, so do the walls and fences.

Jinxiewinxie

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie :D The chicken coop looks great, so do the walls and fences. - fantastic :Dyou have a head on your neck - I think you will add turkeys - I always dreamed about it, even if I'm not an American - secondly, if you want to be so nice and give me great pleasure, add some pigeons and geese - why? - I'm thinking about "Rise of the Pharaoh" .. mod - @RedKetchup is currently working on it. I read about ancient Egypt - quote "what animals were bred?", They were definitely cattle, pigs, goats, sheep, ducks, geese and probably The hens were known only from the time of the 'New State"- I am asking for it, Greetings :P

Jinxiewinxie

Turkeys are definitely on my list and I've been thinking about how to add ducks and geese. I think they need a little pond inside a fenced area and not a hutch or coop. I have to do some more research and playing around to make sure I can make a pond (water looks tricky!) first =)

taniu

@Jinxiewinxie :D great news - if you think about a pond, maybe crocodile farms - exotic animals and food - meat, skin, eggs? - I wrote about it to @RedKetchup for adding a lot of camels and crocodiles - but your idea with the ponds is OK - apart from camels - how do you think about adding pigeons - personally I did not know that the Egyptians ate the pigeons? Greetings :-[

Jinxiewinxie

Pigeons, hmm? I'd worry that the models are too tiny to tell what they are but I could try =) Can you find a picture of what you have in mind for a pigeon-hutch/cage type building to look like?

Jinxiewinxie

Can someone help me with balance, please?

My rabbit hutches' rabbit meat was loosely balanced based off of a fisherman's (1 worker) production in semi-optimal conditions and then the leather was based off how much a hunter usually gets in a season but scaled up some (I figured rabbits breed quite a bit to make up for the smaller leather pieces somehow equalling the same amount you'd get from a deer as a hunter, heh).

The production is random, something is produced 8-10ish times in a season about and that something is either 100 rabbit meat or 6 leather. Sometimes that means you'll get 500 rabbit meat and 24 leather or 42 leather and only 200 rabbit meat. Its the limitations of having a building produce items randomly and was my best solution.

For the chicken coop, chicken meat comes in batches of 4 - 6 items and eggs come in batches of 6 items each time. So.. I could have it randomly produce either one of them to get an "ish" amount of numbered foods per season.

Does 400-500ish total items (in random amounts of eggs or chicken meat) in a season sound about balanced to you? Or should I bring it down to like 200? I don't want to base my numbers off a pasture full of chickens because those numbers seem crazy small (like 50 eggs for a whole season? You could get 50 eggs from 10 chickens in a day or two in real life!)

Here's a bunch of production numbers stitched together, showing what 400-500 items from the chicken coop looks like next to the random & weird organized chaos of the rabbit hutch production XD

Abandoned

My opinion is that 400-500 total for 1 worker to produce is good.  I agree vanilla game pasture egg production is low but to my way of thinking the pasture is raising chickens for meat production and eggs are a bonus.  This chicken coop I think is more for family farm for eggs production so I think more eggs and less chicken.

Rabbits are good breeders so I think that total is okay.