News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Markets and Warehouses

Started by Oenanthe, July 31, 2015, 04:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oenanthe

I can understand that the workers deposit their goods in the nearest warehouse and the  vendors visit the warehouses to get the goods, and finally the people living inside the markets yellow circle go to the market to get what they need.  I normally try and plan a town so that each market has at least 4 warehouses just inside its perimeter, and each warehouse is overlapped by 4 market circles.  (it very rarely ends up that neatly). 

So what I need to know is will the vendors go as far as necessary to find what they need for their market or are they limited to what is in the warehouses inside their market's circle.  If for example I only have 1 blacksmith, will the tools only be available in the nearest market or will the vendors from the other side of the map visit the warehouse next to the blacksmith so that the people near their market don't have to walk across the map to collect a new tool.

irrelevant

Quote from: Oenanthe on July 31, 2015, 04:59:22 AM
....will the vendors go as far as necessary to find what they need for their market ....
@Oenanthe, welcome to WoB! Yes, the vendors will go wherever they need to go to keep their market stocked to basic levels, those being approximately 27 logs, 8 iron, 20-30 each of tools and coats, 125 firewood, and some each of every type of food. There may be lots more, for example, of firewood stored in a market if there is a woodcutter nearby, and the market is the nearest storage location.

Tilleen

If a wood chopper stores all his chopped wood in a local market rather than a barn, does that mean that other vendors from other market places will not be able access these chopped wood?

Nilla

I think so, yes. I have never seen any vendors "steeling" from each other. That's in fact the tricky thing, if you use the NMT markets. They hold a lot of stuff. The vendor that first get his hands on something, put it in his market, that might be more or less full if it has a good location, while others are empty.

Tilleen

It would be really good to be able to set maximums for each product or type of product, similar to wide lands, but I suspect there is no facility for that.

It does mean that I will have to have farms and other resource gathering, distributed around the map to help equalize things.

Nilla

Quote from: Tilleen on September 21, 2015, 02:14:46 AM
It would be really good to be able to set maximums for each product or type of product, similar to wide lands, but I suspect there is no facility for that.

There are stores where you can order the things you put into it. @RedKetchup made one and there´s also one in the CC. But they work as a trading port. It´s just a store. The citizens have no access to them.

I think I saw some discussion, that it wasn´t possible to have both; decide what is put into the store and a free access for the citizens. I´m sure the "moddlers" can answer that question better.

RedKetchup

the trading post UI with the amount of each ressource controlled by the player is very 'tight' and cant be alterated. you cannot even delete the merchant part of it.
and trading post dont let any citizens or professionals to pickup anything from it and will let the world die instead to let anything go ^^

unfortunatly, we cannot have a market with that UI :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

But could there be a market that has types of food stored by a percentage of total capacity? Or even of different foodstuffs from the same food category?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

Quote from: Gatherer on September 21, 2015, 02:07:42 PM
But could there be a market that has types of food stored by a percentage of total capacity? Or even of different foodstuffs from the same food category?

Percentage of total capacity is possible and already used in many mods.
However only the flags can be used.

For example:
Protein 6.8%
Fruit 6.8%
Vegetable 10%
Clothing 5% e.g.

But say Walnut(Protein) 7% or Wool(Textile) 6.8% is not possible.

So there is a possibility that if you set fruit to 8% and apples are loaded till 8% the other fruits will not be loaded till some of the apples are taken away by vendor or citizen.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Tilleen

So, since the vendors do not get rid of excess good, the last thing you want is for a citizen to dump their stock into the market place, it would be better for them to dump it into a warehouse, and let the vendor work out what is needed in the market.

If a producer is within the circle that the market supplies, will they dump the product in a closer warehouse or take it to the market?

RedKetchup

no, they cannot drop it in a warehouse, they will go for a barn, or a market if it is closer. only the warehouse employees can put or take something from the warehouse.

Tilleen

I think I am confused.

I thought your vendor houses were markets, therefore citizens would drop products into them. Are they warehouses?

I did not realize that there was a difference between warehouses and barns.

chillzz

Redketchup does have markets / shops in the NMT mod
Redketchup has a warehouse, which has a system that works like the trader.. only in, you decide what gets out

Barn / Silo are storage places where anyone can put in and get out.
Market / shop everyone can get items in and out, but has a worker ("vendor") which always collects needed items from other storage.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tilleen on September 21, 2015, 04:01:14 PM
I think I am confused.

I thought your vendor houses were markets, therefore citizens would drop products into them. Are they warehouses?

I did not realize that there was a difference between warehouses and barns.

the vendor houses are markets :) but the game is made the way to always go for barn unless market is nearer. if i say that this is because we often saw some strange behavior which made us doubt this citation : 'always go for nearest'