News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Small Town Rowhouses V2.2

Started by kid1293, February 20, 2017, 02:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

@kid1293 I mentioned this over in your coverings thread, but bought it over here, because I wanted to throw a couple of ideas up.

Given that the ornate work would fit into here, or the SBV Mission, I was wondering if you could take a look at some of these awnings in wrought iron, and see if they would be of any use to you - or spawn any ideas.  :)
I like them, and I'd be prepared to sponsor their use - if you wanted to use them.

These wrought iron ones are sweet, I adore them - but, what would they go on??  And perhaps need a new .pkm "the ornate" ;)  maybe ;)  Or where they fit, is where they are meant to be :)

I'm thinking something a bit more upmarket, something that may fit in with a RowHouse building. 
But, then if used with wood textures, they could also be used out in the forestry. 
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-of-wrought-iron-awning/811463
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-wrought-iron-awning/811477
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/wrought-iron-awning-max/811464

Maybe a lean-to of some form, for food or luxuries??
Even a shop front, bakery or health, they spring to mind 'cafe', but, that could just be me :) 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Just a quick reply.
I answered in the coverings thread.

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 25, 2017, 06:53:15 PM
... they spring to mind 'cafe', but, that could just be me :) 

THAT is what I need now. Go down town and enjoy the coffee houses. :) :) :)

I would really love to have a decoration designed for the rowhouses.
But all this leads to new shops and a lot of commerce. It's huge already.

kid1293

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 25, 2017, 06:31:39 PM
So, 2 new colour roofs ?  ;)

;D There's no stopping you? Then it's blue, green, yellow roofs...

I took the liberty to go a middle way to have only one more roof.
A little bit more orange and a bit more saturated.
It's coming along fine. Will finish this weekend.

Been thinking about commercial rowhouses. Butcher, baker and all the rest.
It's hard to put it in right now. My standard rowhouses are 2 tiles wide and that
leaves hardly any space for a stair (if I want an upper living room)
I could make them wider, but no.
I could stay ground-floor only, but that is very limiting when building.
So, that leaves a 'standard' 2-story rowhouse dedicated for commerce only.

Actually, I don't feel up to it right now. We will see.

Anyway, here is the progress so far.

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Yes, it looks like a happy roof.  ;)

I even tested with a true crossover and put roof from The Mission
on the rowhouses, but this looks better.

Maldrick

Haven't played with the mission yet (definitely on the list) but this likes it would go very well with it. Nothing wrong with a little variance that still works. :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Abandoned

I'll be happy using that new roof color @kid1293 , very nice and will blend in nicely with other mods too.

The Pilgrim

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 25, 2017, 09:49:41 PM

Just a quick reply.
I answered in the coverings thread.

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 25, 2017, 06:53:15 PM
... they spring to mind 'cafe', but, that could just be me :) 

THAT is what I need now. Go down town and enjoy the coffee houses. :) :) :)

I would really love to have a decoration designed for the rowhouses.
But all this leads to new shops and a lot of commerce. It's huge already.

Ya know ... thinking out loud here @kid1293 looking at the RH city centre I just did, and having some just random thoughts ...  why not add a 'row houses deco & add-on' pack.  Make it optional (much like DS & Necora have been doing & RK's pretty garden walls), so that those of us who love all the little bits can add it to the mod, but those who just want the houses get the houses.  If you have creative ideas on things to add. :)

The below aren't so much 'requests' but more examples of what may be possible in the future and as you said "not now", which I respect :D :D :D

Maybe a 'Rowhouses Town Centre' pack:  decorations (little added awnings, storages etc) + new commerce buildings that tickle your creative outlet. 

Perhaps 3 components: 
'Rowhouses, housing':  all the houses, and all the variants :D
'Rowhouses, production & services':  town hall, hospital, school, blacksmiths, tailor, markets, herbalist + bakery, butcher, library, train station, and, and, and ... hahaha
'Rowhouses, storage & deco':  awnings, storage, fountain, city centre, and, and, and ...

I like the way Emb has done his - the unified mod (which I use), that has it all, but for others has the mods broken down into Prod 1 & Prod 2.  That way different players have different download options. 

I personally don't mind the large mods - but I have a gaming system, so not much worries it :D

---- 
Put aside my rogue ideas (half in jest given that some aren't needed :D ), and back to the original point:

1)  If these are something that interest you, PM the links of the ones (there are a few there, I checked CG Trader and they don't have much more, but I chose ones I thought were pretty at TS), and I will arrange the procurement, as my way of inputting :)   

2)  Enjoy the coffee houses :)  I think I'm going to have a iced coffee frappe later :D

----
Coming back after leaving this post open for hours, and I see that you have responded with a new screenshot - love that new roof!  It looks really good and will of course fit well as a cross over with other mods, SBV is what I have in mind.

No rush on this - take all the time you need :D  Also, re the additional buildings, take all of the above as a grain of salt - :)  Maybe - rather than additional buildings (butcher, bakery, dairy etc), add the same roofs from here to the Coverings mod - then, using the coverings, we can create our own little covered areas, that match the Rowhouses directly, and you don't have to even think of any future buildings, unless you want to.

-- I also found this - as it is, it's not great, but with some texture love:
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/exterior/office/vegetable-shop

Righto, that post took 12 hours in the making ..  hahaha
QuoteWarning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

My first thought was I could add a few coverings with the 4 textures here
and don't mess with other mods. That leaves it open for Workplace items
and that would really solve the problem of being too big.
Dividing Rowhouses? Yes I want to, but I am hesitant to all the work.
Now is good time since it is a big update.

9 hours copy-paste-changing models and code.
I can not think straight now. Almost done.

edit - I did not go to coffee house. Maybe that is what's missing. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on May 26, 2017, 10:50:19 AM

yeah it effectively missing in this game. in civilization V there is a special building for the "Austria" civilisation which is called : Coffee House ^^

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Austria, that is a long way for kid to go just for a cup of coffee  ;D

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 26, 2017, 10:50:19 AM
My first thought was I could add a few coverings with the 4 textures here
and don't mess with other mods. That leaves it open for Workplace items
and that would really solve the problem of being too big.
Dividing Rowhouses? Yes I want to, but I am hesitant to all the work.
Now is good time since it is a big update.

9 hours copy-paste-changing models and code.
I can not think straight now. Almost done.

If you were to update the coverings with the roofs in this mod (glad you like that idea ;) even with leaving them in here for now, until coverings mod have additional additions later ;) ) ) If possible, you could also include 2 small buildings in here as well - so the roof lines & footprint matches.

I was looking at the blacksmiths building @kid1293 and I wondered if you hollowed it out, it already has the open sides, you could then make it so we can place our Workplace mods into it, as we wish, and it still all fits together.
I would use both designs - 1 for out of the city centre, using the larger Coverings, as lean-to storage; and then the smaller in-line footprinted buildings, that I fill with a couple of butchers or bakers etc.  :)

@RedKetchup I've been having that feeling the last few days, seeing more and more advanced buildings come out - that a cafe or coffee house is missing.  But, what do you put in it - with the tags so broad it's hard to come up with a way of doing it ...
Water; Pastries; Herbal Teas - all come from larger inventories - so, how can it be narrowed down? 

It's complex - so, unless you're happy with a edible | health | (water???) protein | fruit | blah ...  what goes in? 
So frustrating, haha!  :D

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on May 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Been thinking about commercial rowhouses. Butcher, baker and all the rest.
It's hard to put it in right now. My standard rowhouses are 2 tiles wide and that
leaves hardly any space for a stair (if I want an upper living room)
I could make them wider, but no.
I could stay ground-floor only, but that is very limiting when building.
So, that leaves a 'standard' 2-story rowhouse dedicated for commerce only.

2x4 is a good size but to keep that you will want some sort of overlap building. It's a tricky problem. How to divide up the mesh between shop and house... that's the question.

The Pilgrim

How about have a lower floor as a 3 tile front with the second floor take a 1 tile front for four tiles total. Will still fit as though there were 2 buildings 2 tiles wide.
Or have the first floor be 2 wide and the second floor be 2 wide with a further 2 overlap. That would also allow them to be placed over some of the existing buildings.