News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD : Steph's Grain Silos v 2.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 28, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

That sounds great, I look forward to it :)

RedKetchup

these screenshot looks .... ok ? interesting ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Looks good, though I hope it won't be tricky to find places for them given that they need to be set into the mountain-side.

An alternative for the roof could be green or sod roof, which has been fairly common in Norway and Scandinavia. Here is a picture from a Wikipedia article, which happens to be from Farao Islands. Maybe the transition between mountain and building/roof would look better?

Hmm, this forum didn't like the quarky URL, so here is the indirect link instead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nor%C3%B0rag%C3%B8ta,_Faroe_Islands_%282%29.JPG

RedKetchup

i can try

RedKetchup

the big giant mine is tricky to place cause it s huge, this , the placebits arent that big, the graphic overflow alot cause it needs to enter inside the mountain.

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Oof. That looked very odd indeed, and it doesn't really look like grass on top either. Just go with what you feel is best, it was just an idea based on buildings we have here.

rkelly17

Very nice, @RedKetchup.

Here in Region of Waterloo (Southern Ontario, Canada) even many new suburban tract houses have root cellar rooms in one corner of the basement, so it's not just Poland or Scandinavia. Of course, we do have Old Order Mennonites and Amish and traditional farmers' markets here, so maybe it is that influence.

RedKetchup

4-5 times i m trying to find something but ... it always looks odd  :-X

RedKetchup

finally after an hour........

came back where i was :)

it is perfect like that :) even rdy to release it ^^

30000 weight storage. or fruits or vegetables only.
36 wood, 58stones, 12iron
need 3x3 row depth of mountain :)
poeple can directly put the fruits/vegs into it, and grab them if they are starving or hungry ^^

all ok for you ?

ps. i even took time to make old age curves in it. people reproach me i am making my building too much ... straight (too new from IKEA^^) while all the game buildings have 'curves'  :P

mellowtraumatic

Looks great! Can't wait to build one. :D

Pangaea

It does indeed look great, and like the grain silo, fits very well within the original game's artwork.

I'm humbled you named it after me as well. Thanks a lot :)

Very impressive how fast you work too, you must have learnt a lot during these last few weeks.

RedKetchup

oh it would have took me an hour lol
but i lost like 3-4 hrs just to try to find a way to always make it look good whatever the mountains looks like. i know there are still some cases.... but it is mostly good.

the stones are from ... the hospital's walls and the roof is from... the tailor's roof

RedKetchup

Steph's Grain Silos v 2.0.zip

no idea if compatible with old save games. at your own risks.

changelog:

seperated grain and coal silos. they have their own building now. same building , different color.

Bobbi