News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Searching an English to German translator person :)

Started by RedKetchup, March 16, 2015, 07:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

RedKetchup

i just did Decorative Items Pack :) that one was really a monster ^^ hehe
so many many items and things in that one !

at :       { String _name = "EternalPearTreeTip";               String _text = "Pflanzt einen permanenten Apfelbaum. Kostet: 1 Setzling."; }

i saw an error, i think.
it isnt Apfelbaum (apple) but Birnenbaum (pear) ?

Question about : Statue and Statuen.  german and english is the same word ? and if you put a 'N' at the end it means "many" " more than one statue"  ?

and a last one :
At the end of part 2 :       { String _name = "SeedlingLimitTip";            String _text = "Shows limits placed on resource production."; }

i think you missed it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 21, 2015, 08:06:21 AM
i saw an error, i think.
it isnt Apfelbaum (apple) but Birnenbaum (pear) ?
Yes, peartree is "Birnenbaum"

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 21, 2015, 08:06:21 AM
Question about : Statue and Statuen.  german and english is the same word ? and if you put a 'N' at the end it means "many" " more than one statue"  ?
That´s right too. "Statuen" is our plural of statue.

Trizeropz

{ String _name = "EternalPearTreeTip";               String _text = "Pflanzt einen permanenten Birnenbaum. Kostet: 1 Setzling."; }

yeas statue is the same like statue in german and plural is statueN

{ String _name = "SeedlingLimitTip";            String _text = "Zeigt die Limits basierend auf der Rohstoff Produktion."; }

RedKetchup

thanks you !!!!

i need to compile them all and verify if there is anything else to modify ... like a window too short now cause sometime the german translation can be longer (in amount of letters) and overwrite the other objects in the window :) etc..

RedKetchup

hehe i was going back to see very old mods i made in that list .....

LOL i was so bad back in time ! i dunno how people could love my mods ^^ so many graphic errors... that's ugly lol
i guess i ve learned alot since that time haha

RedKetchup

oh man !

there are some mods i really need to redo

i dunno if it is 'my files' that are completly messed up , or i did really released like that .... but some are totally wrong.

adrianna library has an adrianna college as graphic but with balcony.... and the college units are totally wrong, people are going like half across the map to go put the resources on the ground when they should go exactly where is the footprint on the ground. (like 120 tiles away from the footprint)

my littlehouse, isnt the same i had, it was an experiment with other roof tiles... i need to find the good one.

also my creamery, isnt the good skin, it was my OLD v 1.0 skin ^^

i need to make a good sweep and organize again my files and my back ups

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 21, 2015, 09:46:10 AM
hehe i was going back to see very old mods i made in that list .....

LOL i was so bad back in time ! i dunno how people could love my mods ^^ so many graphic errors... that's ugly lol
i guess i ve learned alot since that time haha
Nah.. your mods provided a huge diversity in the game, without getting a bloated game.
even the 'vanilla' buildings aren't perfect graphics wise..

Btw, i found a small typo in the colorful little houses :
String _description = "This mod adds mor colorful little houses.";

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

ok thanks , i need to remember it when i ll be fixing the the colorful little house with the good files :)

presently trying to fix that college

RedKetchup

well i think i ve fixed a bit the college :)

just hated a bit it took some of my time lol.

i ll try to fix the library somehow this next next  :P

chillzz

Hmmm, almost done with the translation of the mods,
did have some time...  thanks insomnia ;) ... Decorative Items is the last one.

Had some trouble with finding a correct translation for creamery..  before the 'dairy factory'  farmers did it all themselves,  then with the start of cooperations, all they did is bring milk to the factory.. so not a real creamery in Dutch and the word kaasmakerij (cheese "factory" doesn't cover the products enough)

Same goes for Root Cellar.. most stored in a basement/cellar in home/farm..  there are some cave like structures here, which are used for farming mushrooms.. not for storage, so i looked at the German translation.. and that one comes closest to a word used in pre 1900's.

One thing i do wonder about.. do we have to be consistent with a general language mod (for the basic game), or do we need a good translation?

In the Dutch translation available for banished they use welzijn (fr: bien-être / de: Wohlfahrt / en : welfare) for 'Happiness'..  it's not a bad translation, but i think 'vreugde' ( fr: joie / de: Freude / en: joy)  comes closer to the real meaning in the game...

Any thoughts about that ?

Trizeropz

Wohlfahrt:DD that doesnt sound right
i used: de-Zufriedenheit | en-satisfaction

chillzz

yes wohlfart ( welfare etc.)  does have a bad annotation.. satisfaction is close to happiness and joy too and a much better translation. 'Te-vreden-heid' which is  zu-frieden-heit
i think i'll use that one :D

Trizeropz

dutch is great, its written like a german word is spelled if youre drunk, seriously!:D