News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Workplace V1.2 for 1.0.6

Started by kid1293, February 09, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis de la Rive

I agree, I like the unity of design that comes from a set. I hope you update all the buildings, I use them to vary looks, and to avoid spamming, having several schools, or town halls, or churches makes for nice spin off hamlets.  :)

Abandoned

??? oh no, another defeatist gripe.   ??? 2 or 3 times more mods to install, arrange, and search through.  ???  Hopefully, our great modders won't abandoned WOB in favor of future games.  :(   You know @kid1293 this is not directed at you, love your mods  :)

grammycat

I think some of us who have been playing since the game came out just need a little time to get familiar with the new set up.  You can teach an old dog new tricks, they just pick it up slower.  The more I play, the more I like it.

Paeng

Quote from: grammycat on February 20, 2017, 06:06:17 AMI think some of us who have been playing since the game came out just need a little time to get familiar with the new set up.  You can teach an old dog new tricks, they just pick it up slower.  The more I play, the more I like it.

Same here, I love the freedom of  finally having the opportunity to organize, select and load mods to our own preferences, thanks to the new community bar - yes, a huge task for the modders, but for us players it just needs pushing around a few pkm's...?

Nobody says that everything needs to be broken down into its tiniest components - for rather small sets it's fine to keep them as one... all a matter of judgement   :)

When it comes to larger mods though, it's nice to have especially the housing split off, and in many cases the production buildings as well.

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

since very long time I would have been done this switch  ;D if back 1-2 years ago, i would have successfully done my Community toolbar ...
when i tried back in the days ^^  people who used to it since all these time  spent ;D

There are no shortcuts in evolution. - Louis D. Brandeis
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Quote from: Abandoned on February 20, 2017, 05:59:32 AM
??? oh no, another defeatist gripe.   ??? 2 or 3 times more mods to install, arrange, and search through.  ???  Hopefully, our great modders won't abandoned WOB in favor of future games.  :( 

There are good points and bad points for both large combined mods and small split mods. Convenience of larger mods, freedom of smaller mods. Kid mentioned that larger mods can be more efficient because of texture sharing. If everything is offered only in tiny little pieces then it's easy to miss something simply because you didn't pay close attention to the boards. If themed sets get offered in a combined mod then you won't miss out on content. Megamod, on the other hand, got so big it had to be split in two.

This is a discussion board for discussing points of view and sharing ideas. When people start dismissing the opinions and ideas of anyone they disagree with in a condescending manner then that's bad for the community as a whole and that's when people are more likely to abandon this place.

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on February 20, 2017, 03:01:31 PMdiscussing points of view and sharing ideas.

And our poor modders caught in the middle... as RedKetchup said -

Quotewe can be as flexible as possible , but most of the time half of the people like this and the other half that ... always both opposed

:D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

elemental

And ultimately it's each modder's decision as to what they end up doing with their mods. Anyone who isn't happy with the final product is free to make their own.  :)

Abandoned

@elemental I am glad to hear your opinion on points of view. I hope the person whose words "defeatist, gripes" reads what you wrote.

Abandoned

@kid1293 I just saw that the new version with the brewery uses tany's wild honey, perfect for the set, looks really nice. :)

kid1293

Do you want a 1.0.6 version too?

Abandoned

@kid1293 oh yes please, that would be wonderful.  :)  I have not updated my game yet, am hoping that red warning problem will be solved when all the mods are updated.  I thought I would download all the updates then and added them to the game in the order I want them to appear in my mod list, starting from the end of my list.  That should cut down the mod list rearranging time substantially.

kid1293

OK. It is in download.
I have so many balls in the air, I hope it is working. :)

Abandoned

oh thank you so much @kid1293 I really appreciate it when you are so busy. Lots for you to do, you have made an awful lot of mods since you started.  :)

QueryEverything

*tap tap, helloooooo?
haha :)

@kid1293 how is the inspiration going, have you thought any more on adding more bits n pieces to the workplace?
In my latest gameplay I had thought of (previously mentioned, but *bumping*) a butcher was missing, just a little butcher who does little things :)

I am on a map with sheep, I'm a happy lady :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]