News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donwolfkonecny

Can't you reset all the values?
What exactly is the problem, are you saying if you try to put a wild plant (berry) in a crop or orchard then it overproduces? That makes sense to me, I think that would happen in real life. I don't think anyone should do that. If they want a orchard berry then make a different berry so they can lower the production. I hope it could still produce as "berry" so that you don't have two types of berries.

RedKetchup

i am saying that maybe the number of berries in each drop (an amount of drops) can have been modified by your other mods placed on top of RKEC.
RKEC has the good numbers.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

Ah. Of course.
I agree, everything in RKEC is just terrific!

brads3

good morning. the forests are thicker and regrow faster than before. it is hard to see through them.i'm past year 25.areas that i had cleared have already regrown.i am not using a dense forest mod. the bannies are collecting food welli can't tell if  the trees are affecting that. maybe if the thatch was still growing,the trees wouldn't take over so much. it is a hard juggle to find the balance. i just report what i see. i did notice there are a couple spots of meadow left. they are smaller, but i was surprised the trees haven't spread out thru them all yet.

Jinxiewinxie

I love me some dense forest! That screenshot of it over in your Chunkerview blog is so pretty =)

donwolfkonecny

This is what I think I have observed and I wanted to know if RK think's this is true and what brad or anyone else has seen.
I think the trees spawn wild food, and herb, and cotton/flax (which I mention because they aren't food).
I think the thatch spawns flowers. RK says thatch spawns thatch but I don't really see that to be true - once you clear thatch, it does not spread back, at least not at any detectable rate, not like trees, at least. If you want thatch you have to build a thatch forester.
Thatch and flowers take up space that trees or food can occupy so...

If there is a meadow then (unless it's regrowing) it is because it is full of thatch and flowers, and no food. And no room for trees.
While the flowers are beautiful, they are not food.
If you want maximum wild food production for a gatherer, clear the herbs, thatch and flowers.
The herb is not useful for anything (since noone besides Tom uses happiness) including trade since you can't trade it for seeds or livestock or goods, only food, and usually I need food sooner than I can build a tradepost and spend the labor to collect, which means herbs can only be traded for food when food is no longer needed. I wish there was a mod that used happiness and happiness buildings.
The thatch and flowers are competing for space so if you clear them, then more trees grow, which will produce more food.
However, the trees will be so dense, as you say, that you can't see anything in them including animals to hunt. the exception is winter. Tom's "Hunt" is the most powerful tool in early game, and the dense trees negates it.
I wish I could have beautiful flowers without losing food, can we have flowers that spawn food??? Many meadow plants are food that do not grow under trees. Roots and onions do not grow under trees, and most herbs do not either.
Also I wonder whether trees and wild food compete for space? That means, do I need to cut trees to make room for food???
RK (or any modder, I still haven't figured out the basics of modding) I request flowers that make food so I can make beautiful flower meadows where a gatherer works. Instead of, as brad says, super-dense forests where I can't see anything (including the gatherer and foresters) so it may as well be a big black box on the screen.

I also think thatch should spawn the cotton and flax because they would naturally not grow in forests where there is no light, but would grow in fields or meadows, like herbs. Could also see them that way. I guess that means they would spawn from thatch.

brads3

DON,you are close. RED has changed some things from prior versions. i have notes where he said the flowers spawned the berries.now the flowers spawn the textiles.my thatch died off without being cleared. the flowers do seem to continue to spawn. the foresters are still collecting flowers.so i can't say thatch spawns the flowers. RED keeps adjusting it and improving on it he laughed at us at 1 point ,cause the flowers gave berries. he did that to make us work to find where to place the gathering huts.

it is a tuff job for modders to juggle and adjust things.the balance doesn't seem too bad.my bannies have been tight on food and did a lot of gathering each fall and winter they have survived well that way. there is no 1 food showing a huge surplus.i do have excess flax,but it isn't being used. i have less than 100 cotton. i personally prefere thatch to flowers,since my houses can burn it.flowers i trade.

you can use TOM's Norseman mod to get the happiness controls.itis an 1 year age mod so can be added above the RK.you will need more alcohol sooner with that.

if you can see thru trees in winter you are doing good i can't even run roads in wintertime. i can't say if the trees are too close or just growing too fast,or both. hard to judge. i think the thatch spreading out would c ut down on the trees how much that affects which food i don't know. if you are using the pine mod above the RK things can be different too. you should have mostly NECORA's trees.

left of the maple forest is the pine south is all RK trees you can see the differences to the firs.this with the pine mod blow the RK.

RedKetchup

trees spawn:  Herb Onion Blueberry Mushroom Root deadwood Flax Oats Cotton.
grass spawn: Flowers.
flowers spawn:  BirdNest Raspberry Strawberry Mulberry Cranberry Blackberry Seedlings.

sorry if i dont elaborate more than that tonight... not feeling super well.....

brads3

too rainy and cold here too.hope you feel better tomorrow.

gethane

Has anyone had trouble with herbs in baskets gathered when clearing a build site? Sometimes one little herb basket will block a build site for years even when I have laborers, builders, barns, and herbalists. It's caused the death of livestock because I can't get a pasture done in time to get them out of the TP. I've started clearing all important build sites before laying down the building to avoid this herb problem.

I do have other mods in in addition to RKEC so it's possible that a conflict is causing this and not RKEC, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

donwolfkonecny

Thank you RK that list was very helpful for me.

As for the death-causing basket of berries, that sounds quite odd, but I have had baskets persist longer than desired caused by: while they clearing the item I prioritize something else. Then everyone goes and does all that stuff and only comes back to clear the basket much later (though usually not YEARs later). This could be corrected by re-prioritizing the basket, or the building that it is blocking.
I think they also might not pick up a basket if there was no more storage room for food (sometimes they pick it up and drop it off by a full storage, not sure what determines which). I can also imagine if you only had room for food storage (which is possible to do with a "forester's storage" for example), and the basket was a non-food item such as flower, flax, seedlings, it would also be left there because there is no valid storage for it.

brads3

weird things do happen like that now and then.not often ,thankfully. i had a map with dead spots that coudn't be cleared,built on or nohting.made it into a park of some sort.built around it. i did see something get stuck while trying to clear,might have been a test map. other players have had glitches where bannies or livestock ran off to a corner of the map for no reason.

brads3

good morning,RED i am sending warm weather for a few days ginally we can feel better.my heat has been out for the last 3 wks or so with all this damp and cold. 

i found an error in the blackberry orchard.have not seen it in any other crops so far. i hit the harvest button before fall. game crashed. reloaded back to spring. hit the harvest button to se if it would crash. didn't but i couldn't unclick it.it got stuck.  the orchard was never harvested.

my plan is to lay out most of the crops and test them all with the nordic landscape climate. once i get them layed out,i will test and try harvesting all of them early to see if any others crash the game. that is a ways off but is the plan. chesnuts don't produce well with the colder climate ,but the rest are doing much better..

RedKetchup

there is nothing in the blackberry files that can control and make crash an orchard. the orchard file is controlled by the orchard file. you probably hitting a game bug, and not a blackberry bug.

Tylanthia

Really beautiful mod. I love how pretty it makes the world, with the flowers, grass, and all the animals. The dock set is really nice too (never even knew I would enjoy farming cranberries lol).

I've been playing this with CC (below this mod) for a while and I did have one question: when I produce luxuries like ale/wine they seem to be stored in my barns and never make it to the taverns/inn and garden to be consumed... should it be working this way or am I doing something wrong? I seem to end up with a large amount in barns that never get consumed. Thanks for the help!