News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurphys7

General Goods merchant brought Gems.  I don't know if you do or do not want the Merchant to bring Gems.

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on April 01, 2018, 10:59:50 AM
General Goods merchant brought Gems.  I don't know if you do or do not want the Merchant to bring Gems.

which trading post ??

oh yeah ! gems uncut are minerals ! not precious. the cutted(*?) ones are precious
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I think gems are flagged as minerals, not precious. That´s why you get some.

Nilla

I just wanted to tell; I had a crash. A merchant arrives to the seed port, when I click at the port there's a crash. When I go back to the autosave, there's no crash, when the merchant arrives. It wasn't the first merchant. There has been different kind of goods and everything worked fine. No idea what it was. 

Edit: one more thing; This map has this stupid "merchant turns around and goes the same way back to the end of the map before he realizes that he wanted to go in the other direction" bug. (If you understand what I mean) Maybe there is some connection, I don't understand how, but someone else might.

RedKetchup

hmmm thats sad :( i hate unespected crash which we cant find what it can be :(

maybe it is linked to minimize thing ?

smurphys7

I don't understand the Trader restrictions.  I can order Silver Ore, Gold Ore, Copper Ore, and Gems.  I cannot order Silver, Gold, Copper or what Gems refine into.

What exactly do you feel this has accomplished?

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on April 02, 2018, 12:07:01 AM
I don't understand the Trader restrictions.  I can order Silver Ore, Gold Ore, Copper Ore, and Gems.  I cannot order Silver, Gold, Copper or what Gems refine into.

What exactly do you feel this has accomplished?

you should be able ! the ore are Minerals (aka the old CoalFuel flag) and the gold bar and silver bars are Forged. the copper bar are Construction.
all those you should be able to ORDER from the Resource Merchant
the General Goods merchant is what it was in vanilla, he can sell minerals (aka CoalFuel) but cannot sell the new flags.

the only thing you cannot order is gems already cut.

RedKetchup

for those who need it ... heres the new .zip of all the templates.

smurphys7

I'm so used to the General Good bringing everything but Livestock, my mistake.  I didn't realize the Resource Merchant has things the General does not.

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on April 02, 2018, 08:04:02 PM
I'm so used to the General Good bringing everything but Livestock, my mistake.  I didn't realize the Resource Merchant has things the General does not.

when we decided to set up this.
we thought about the General Goods merchant had already like everything and was already extremly loaded ....
so we thought about the Resource merchants which didnt had alot, that maybe it would be good of him to have all the special things.(all the extra flags) and by this, make it more important to the game.

smurphys7

I like it.  I was simply too used to using the General Goods merchant to get the list of all goods in a mod I am unfamiliar with.

smurphys7

What is the reasoning behind the lower quantity of tools brought per trade boat?

In the unmodded game: Iron Tool = 100 qty.  Steel Tool = 100 qty.

In RK12: from Log --> Carbon: 100, 60, 40, 40, 20, 10.

Coat quantities are the same in the Base Game and RK12.  In my view, the only result of these changes in needing several more Trading Posts if one wishes to make a town that imports tools.  A town that imports clothing is unchanged.  Is that the intention?

Also, the qtys of Stone and Iron brought per boat are changed from a base of 200 and 200 to 80 and 40.  What is the intention of these changes? 

In my experience, these changes only add tedium.  Tedium is not difficulty.

RedKetchup

i just put 100 to each kind of tools.
the reasoning i had when i did this, is : harder to make them, lower the number to sell. For me , a merchant , it is not god that magically appear in game, for me, the things a merchant can sell, it needs to come from another map, another town, (like it was things to sell from another player). Like if , you , you sell things, and someone else, another town, needs to buy things that you, you are selling :)

about iron/stone/etc : a thing i always got hard with this game is to have 1,000,000 metric tons of metal and rock... standing in a little canoe. i really dont see it float ! lol
but that still ok. but when you asked to, and i agreed to make iron/stones/etc (mining) 2-3 X times faster.... i ve cut the imports by 2. like i said, i dont want people to have 100,000 stones lying around in stockpiles. i never planned to make this game as a god mode-like. i care about the difficulty and make the game reasonable.

i know people love to just play in god mode and just build and design... but i do this mod the way i like to play this game, which i want to be not that easy and i wish to have to manage the town.

smurphys7

So all the other towns are making Firewood?  Firewood Qtys were doubled.  And who are these terrible players who have 100,000 stone lying around doing nothing?

smurphys7

Bug: Getting frequent but inconsistent crashes when opening the Jobs Window --> Gear Button --> Job Button --> 4th button.

I turned off all my mods.  I made a ton of games.  I didn't crash when I opened the jobs window.

Beta 12B: Video of crash

Beta 12: Video of crash

Beta 12 Test #2: Video of crash

I did some other trialing.  It seems to be about a 50% chance of crash.  It doesn't always crash on the second game made.  The settings don't seem to matter.  I have not fully confirmed that, though.