News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How do I upload mods to the steam workshop?

Started by freedom1, November 29, 2023, 03:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedom1

I know that at one point in time there was a way to upload mods to the steam workshop in-game, now there is no such function to do so, how do I upload mods through steam itself?

I erased my banished mods off of the steam workshop and don't know how to upload them back!  :'(

catty-cb

Hi @freedom1

Have been uploading Banished stuff over at Simtropolis so the Steam thing rang a bell with me, anyway a bit of a rummage later ...

In the Banished change notes for Banished build 141123 it says

QuoteUploading mods to Steam Workshop now requires the user to have the original compiled data before packaging on disk (generally .crs files). The data must be in the same location it was build and match the files in the package. For example, if the mod was built in C:\BanishedKit\mymod\bin\, then all files created during mod compilation must remain in that directory for the mod to be added to Steam Workshop.Without the original data, the Add to Workshop and Update on Workshop buttons are unavailable. Current mods need to be rebuilt with Banished Kit 141123 before they can be updated. No other changes to the game or mod kit have been made, so non-steam users can continue using build 141103.

Hope that helps, also remember Kid has set up file exchange over on the banished club at simtropolis for anyone to upload their files to

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/category/150-files/

All you need is a simtropolis account and then join the club and as kid has already upload a map and climate mod to this area, your mods would compliment kid's, anyway just a thought   :)