News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: kid1293 on February 20, 2019, 05:54:18 AM
See. Some things are just simple and beautiful.
Pathing can be made very nice with a lot of space and maybe some deco.

I love having little yards in my own gameplay XD I like having my houses spread out and decorated nicely, but then they end up far from their jobs.. so then I need a mod to decrease how much food people need.. its a never ending cycle of "making it pretty" but then "oh no, have to find a work around to keep it pretty!" heheh XD

Abandoned

@Jinxiewinxie I do have other mods enabled, they are all Kid's mods and ones that I have used many times before with no conflicts.  I have very few problems or conflict and never had this happen before.   ;D I wonder if I didn't have a worker to assign  ;D that is a possibility. Will test again later with official download  :) Congrats

RedKetchup

you will notice if you do a profession in game folder(like the game usually use), and do a profession in profession folder (like apiary) will create 2 seperated profession with same names and same name files.

if you get double this is because you didnt set it up like the other one.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, I have mine set up inside the Profession folder only but I wonder if someone else's mod has it inside the game folder, then maybe it'll cause problems for mine. What is the convention/best practice? Do you usually put yours in YourMods\YourModName\Profession or in YourMods\YourModName\Game Mr. Ketchup?

RedKetchup

for the new ones , in RKEC they are
YourMods\YourModName\Profession

but i also have an original profession file in /Game/Profession with vanilla ones with some changing orders.

Jinxiewinxie

Abandoned

I am thinking that since RKEC removed vanilla textures, and Bitty matches vanilla and Kid's mods that it what Bitty's professions should match.  Just my non-modder thought.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on February 20, 2019, 06:49:05 AM
I am thinking that since RKEC removed vanilla textures, and Bitty matches vanilla and Kid's mods that it what Bitty's professions should match.  Just my non-modder thought.  :)

thats the strenght of RKEC (replaced all vanilla textures^^)

Jinxiewinxie

So.... I came across this post about roof wigs by @galensgranny

and I think I might be able to do it pretty simply!

Step 1, before applying the deco item:

Step 2, after applying:

This is just proof of concept, I'd use like, neater roof textures with tons of options (as is my style, heh)

Jinxiewinxie

Better example with the hue on my slate texture changed to be more purple:

Another example with a new random roof texture:

I just have to separate the roof from one of my houses, move it by .5x and -.5y and then scale it up by 1.010 and tada =D I only have a few basic roof shapes, the a frame, the a frame 90 degrees, the barn style and the  barn 90 degrees.. so 4 different roof wigs needed and each can have a ton of textures. I could probably do the same for my dormer pieces, the little roof bits that pop up out of the roof all cute-like.. just have deco dormer pieces that match all the roof wigs I make.

Thoughts? Is this too much? XD I might just be being extra.. I never know when to stop myself heh

kid1293

I have tested your mod and I must say it looks good! It will be fine to use it with new footprint. :)
About modular - Nice thought. You are maybe on to something there. I have to get used to the idea though.

What do players say about ghosted roofs? They give more options and are easy to update...

brads3

a long tijme back,i thought of an idea where we needed a set of walls and roofs to enclose other buildings, say you use a building from a mod that doesn't match what the village is. with the ghosted walls androof options,you could fake it by just using decorative pieces.  it wasso long ago,i can't remember which buildings i was thiniking of. since then there has beenalot of mods. say you wanted a meat locker which was stone but wanted it to be woood to match a village. ghost pieces would be handy.

if you had some support poles for those roofs,GATHERER would use them for porches. handy too for pile covers or extra pasture barns..

kid1293

Oh yeah, they are fun! Small houses=more space for fantasy.

Abandoned

:)  Regarding bakery and baker.  I did a second quick test - same mods enabled.  Immediately built bakery and assigned worker -  :) no problem.  I made built another bakery making all laborers builders so none available to be baker - cause of problem was no available worker for job.  Bakery is okay  :)

RedKetchup

i told jinxie if she/he goes for that, he/she will get a lot of fans :)