News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Aww gosh, ty! The best thing is when you add something new and do everything right and it compiles the first time you try, haha!

Happens only sometimes for me because I'll forget to put the right destination path for something or another small thing like that usually XD

Earlier, I had code that compiled but the game would crash on startup with an error saying that I was trying to divide by zero XD Turns out I added a new F Key variant for something but forgot to give it ANY material in Blender lolololol It took a while to figure out how I'd managed to turn the world upside down by "dividing by zero" hehehhe

kid1293

Error messages can be cryptic. If you have a picture in the wrong size (not multiple of 2)
the modkit just bugs out. No error....

RedKetchup

make sure your png are by 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2048 .... pixels by sides.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

@Jinxiewinxie  I have your tavern and church.  The tavern doesn't doesn't make mead, even though I have 600 honey.  Most of the honey is from Kid's Workplace mod.  When that didn't work, I had honey made from Discrepancy's honey maker, but that doesn't work either.
Regarding your church, it is set to have 200 members, but that is way too much for a small church, even if it was not tiny.
I look forward to using these when you get them finished and officially released.

RedKetchup

honey from rkec does it work ?

Abandoned

If bitty mod is being made to match vanilla and Kid's mods, then it should use Kid's honey  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, I think I didn't include a way to actually MAKE honey, just the raw material template IDEA of honey.. maybe that's the issue? Though I feel like it should just grab most any honey, since its named just plain ol' "RawMaterialHoney" =/ hmmmm

galensgranny

Jinxie, you don't need to include a way to make honey, just allow the tavern to use however Kid, and Red call their honey.  Or just Kid's way if it is different from what Red did.  I will go now and check if the tavern will take Red's honey.

kid1293

I use vanilla resource files for honey. From Apiary example.

galensgranny

Jinxie's tavern does not accept Red's honey from his Medieval Apiary either.  I think I know what the problem might be.  In other tavern pull down menus, next to the type of alcohol  (Mead, cider, ale, etc.) it also tells what ingredient is needed and how much.  For example, in Red's tavern, in the menu next to Mead, it then has in parentheses (45 honey).  All the taverns have that, but not yours, Jinxie. I am not a modder so I don't know how that is done, but that seems to be where the problem is.

galensgranny

To clarify, Jinxie, your tavern does have in parentheses (honey) but is missing how much of it is needed to make the mead.  It seems it needs to have the "how much" in order to work.

Jinxiewinxie

I'll take a deeper peek at the files and do some testing to see if I can fix it =)

What's a better number for church members? I made it high because i was unhappy with having to put down so many churches on the map in my own gameplay XD

RedKetchup

when you say "dont accept" you mean they go back and forth trying to put the honey in the building and denied? and they go back put back the honey and then retry all over ?

cause if the case, it lacks a flag in the storage section.

Jinxiewinxie

I've iterated on the code quite a bit so I can't see exactly what my code was like for my last beta upload XD but I'm PRETTY sure its because I had my raw materials inside a folder inside the templates folder, which is a no-no. I've since fixed it but haven't released a fix XD

In essence, by having my own folder inside templates (Templates/RawMaterials/) I was trying to make my files easier to organize, but it makes it so that all of my raw material templates become their own version of the idea instead of the same one everyone else uses since nobody else has their RawMaterials in its own folder inside their Templates folder. I realized my error a bit ago and believe it'll just be fixed on its own in my next release since I've stopped having those fellas in their own folder in my current code =)

galensgranny

Red, the Bannies totally ignored Jinxie's tavern.  They didn't bother trying to put any honey in it. They acted like it didn't exist.

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 02, 2019, 06:58:41 AM
I'll take a deeper peek at the files and do some testing to see if I can fix it =)

What's a better number for church members? I made it high because i was unhappy with having to put down so many churches on the map in my own gameplay XD
Jinxie, I am opposite. I like to have a few churches to be in the various town neighborhoods.  It makes it more realistic and also, the Bannies need spirit happiness.  I am not sure, but they might need to not be overly far from the church.

For a small neighborhood church, I would prefer to not have more than 60 members.
Oh, and also, I would like to be able to see the radius for churches and taverns, and of course markets, to make sure all my Bannies are in the circle of effect.