News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxiewinxie

Its a strange thing having to 1) work from Luke's idea of how things should be set up and then 2) work from existing Modder's ideas of how things should be set up. Its a double layered process of trying to suit my own work to fit with everyone else's, even if I think my way is "better" for some things, it isn't feasible to implement changes.

Its especially difficult since I need to do what everyone else is doing but don't have access to a shared library of code to know exactly what everyone is doing. Kid has graciously shared his files and I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the way he does things is the same way everyone else does things. XD

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 02, 2019, 09:57:24 AM

Its especially difficult since I need to do what everyone else is doing but don't have access to a shared library of code to know exactly what everyone is doing. Kid has graciously shared his files and I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the way he does things is the same way everyone else does things. XD

give it some time :)
in wait ... ask !!
if need something from someone ... ask !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

You don't need to fit your work in with what other modders are doing.  If you want things a certain way, then do what you like.  Though, what other modders have decided on amounts of things seems to be what works well for most in game play. And of course, when sharing with the public and wanting opinions on how your mods work during game play, you will get opinions different from how you want to play.
I think most of the modders would share code with you.

Abandoned

:) Again though I say if mod is made to match one modder's buildings then so should required resources etc or have all your own in the mod itself so other mods are not mandatory to use, or player flooded with unwanted unnecessary items, or your mod will not be used if player can't or doesn't want to use required mod.  Important to consider.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on March 02, 2019, 09:12:01 AM
Red, the Bannies totally ignored Jinxie's tavern.  They didn't bother trying to put any honey in it. They acted like it didn't exist.

so there is an icon over the building thats says : no resources available ?

hey Jinxie

can you post your template code here in a reply ? just copy paste inside [ code] [ /code] (without spaces)

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on March 02, 2019, 10:26:35 AM
:) Again though I say if mod is made to match one modder's buildings then so should required resources etc or have all your own in the mod itself so other mods are not mandatory to use, or player flooded with unwanted unnecessary items, or your mod will not be used if player can't or doesn't want to use required mod.  Important to consider.  :)

Right? Like if I want to make a tavern.. do I want it compatible with Kid's taverns and items, or Reds or CC's or Tom Sawyer's or do I want it be standalone and then the player has an extra Honey item that's only good for my own tavern and my honey won't work in anyone else's tavern? Or a combination of just some those options? Etc. etc. XD

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 02, 2019, 10:38:36 AM

hey Jinxie

can you post your template code here in a reply ? just copy paste inside [ code] [ /code] (without spaces)

I don't have the exact files/code anymore but I'm pretty positive its because I had the RawMaterialHoney.rsc inside MyMod/Template/RawMaterials/ instead of just MyMod/Template/  -- I have now fixed that in my current iteration of the files =) I'll release another beta-update soon to see if it resolves it for Granny =)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 02, 2019, 10:46:46 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 02, 2019, 10:38:36 AM

hey Jinxie

I don't have the exact files/code anymore but I'm pretty positive its because I had the RawMaterialHoney.rsc inside MyMod/Template/RawMaterials/ instead of just MyMod/Template/  -- I have now fixed that in my current iteration of the files =) I'll release another beta-update soon to see if it resolves it for Granny =)

just the building template itself, not the honey

Jinxiewinxie

This is my most recent-ish iteration, the location of the rawmaterial files is fixed in it though so its not reflective of what Granny current has.

RedKetchup

your template is ok :)

just put this in case of future unknown proplems...

StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol | Edible | Grain | Fruit | Vegetable | Protein;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 1200;
}

adding  | Grain | Fruit | Vegetable | Protein; wont give you problem if there, it can only helpful to add things there in case (in the name of future compatibilities^^)
and that way it will be also compatible with non-edible mods. (like non-edible berries or non-edible apples and such.)

Jinxiewinxie

Otays =) I was looking into adding a trading post and a storage barn, so I downloaded a set of files that you posted from Kraylerg that are supposed to help with adding in all the new limits but it seems to have borked my existing mod. I had to remove 'em all =( The ones from here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1519.msg30520#msg30520

Can you help me figure out how to make sure my things will accept like, Custom4 etc etc. ? Do I need to just insert those files from the post into my mods? I think my mods don't load them correctly because I already have a mymodresources.rsc but I wasn't sure if I should just list newlimitsresources.rsc inside a file or if I should copy the contents, delete it and then paste those lines that were inside it into a different file XD Basically I'm lost and confused, heh!

RedKetchup

to set your mod to exclusively 1.0.7 you need to add all those files you will find in http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1519.0 (there is an attachment .zip in the first reply.

in your resource file where you call your building and link it to your toolbar file:

you add those lines:

"Template/Citizen.rsc:storage",
      "Template/Market.rsc:storage",
      "Template/Market.rsc:market",
      "Template/StorageBarn.rsc:storage",
      "Template/StorageCart.rsc:storage",
      "Template/StorageYard.rsc:storage",
      "Template/TownHall.rsc",
      "Template/TradingPost.rsc",
      "Template/UtilityLimits.rsc",

i rarely added those if really dont need too and i let the other mods decide

galensgranny

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 02, 2019, 10:42:28 AM
Quote from: Abandoned on March 02, 2019, 10:26:35 AM

Right? Like if I want to make a tavern.. do I want it compatible with Kid's taverns and items, or Reds or CC's or Tom Sawyer's or do I want it be standalone and then the player has an extra Honey item that's only good for my own tavern and my honey won't work in anyone else's tavern? Or a combination of just some those options? Etc. etc. XD

In regards to basic ingredients that came from the original game, such as Luke's honey, or berries, corn, etc. there isn't a question of it being compatible with Kid's or Red's mods that uses honey or other basic food items, since they haven't made changes to those ingredients.  The problem was that no honey from anywhere, not even Luke's honey, would go to Jinxie's tavern to make mead, because of some sort of error with the files.  Even if you had made your own honey producer, Jinxie, not even your own honey would have gone to your tavern.

If you ever do want to make your own honey producer, Jinxie, if you keep it the same as how Luke made it, but were just changing the look of the building, then your honey would work in Kid's and Red's taverns or bakeries that they added honey as a needed ingredient to make a food or drink.

Jinxiewinxie

Right, but if I wanted to make my own honey that had like 8 items of honey produced each time it was "created" by some sort of apiary, then mine would be mine alone and wouldn't really work with anyone else's unless I kept it the same name, but then it would mess up with that other mod's production chain by maybe not making enough honey for something else in the chain or too much honey for something else, etc. etc. XD

Or it would do that to mine and mess up my own chain if another mod's load order made it so their honey overwrote mine. To avoid all that and have my very. own. unique. honey and named it like RawMaterialJinxiesHoneyNotYours, then it would never go into someone else's honey-using production chain and folks using my mod along with someone else's would be grumpy that my Honey isn't accepted by So-And-So's tavern or cookie maker or Pooh Bear Honey Stand, heh.

Jinxiewinxie

Also, my previous rant about unique items was mostly based on the fact that I spent 6 hours or so yesterday watching the game and tweaking numbers so that my bakery and windmill wouldn't run out of wheat or flour, but would also not over produce XD  I didn't like the idea that one 11 by 11 square of wheat was not enough to keep a single windmill from showing the out of resources icon, heh

But I couldn't make my own wheat or flour items because then it wouldn't work with other people's mods... So I had to go off of the conventional files. By only making changes to the production numbers in my buildings themselves, it keeps the raw resource items the same and usable by other mods as well as ensures that there's no weird overriding happening.