News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i wish the raw material item would have 1 and only 1 item.
and then where we are creating this item, the building template, we would tell the toolkit:

int _lowCreateCount = 20;
   int _highCreateCount = 28;

that way all would be same : 1
and every building would decide how many it can create. you could have a building creating 20-28 honey and another one smaller creating 10-14 honey...
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Yaaaaas, me too! It's ridiculous trying to manipulate work time/work required so that only X amount of things get made in a certain time frame XD

Also, I think the base production values and balance is kind of weird.. Why is the best crop size for wheat 11x11 instead of 10x10 and why does it create 868 wheat instead of a nice number like 900 or 1000 or even 888 if its 11x11 heh XD

Jinxiewinxie

I did some testing and my reworked Tavern (its now a Pub, since my husbrat is British and insists on it lol) accepts Honey properly now =)

galensgranny

Jinxiewinxie

Just using numbers from other modders, but right now its 30 Honey will create 7 or 10 Mead XD Ridiculous numbering system we have going here lol Do you have a preference on how much honey it should take to make 7 or 10 Mead items?

kid1293

Jinxiewinxie

I looked up the real life processing for wheat>flour>bread.. one bushel of wheat can create 42 lbs of flour and 42 lbs of flour can create 42 loaves of bread, so that one is kind of easy to balance. I'm going to look up real life Honey > Mead ratio and see what's up with that next XD

brads3

i would recommend that the process of food increases outputs. like the flour should make more bread out than the flour. that way there is a reason to process the food. the game uses a unit count but we never know what a unit is. does make it hard to judge some numbers. a unit of apples makes how many units of pie? in RL a bushel of apples would ake ore than 1 pie. bread uses flopur but also other ingredients that aren't added into the process per the game.x amount of wheat should give more for flour and then more to bread.the bannies eat 100 food units per year. they don't care if that is processed unless it increases the volume.

when processing for ale or other luxury items ,you only need to balance the trade value with the ingredients and work time.

RedKetchup

i personally use the thumb rule : if i need to process, i double the total amount (50% uneducated, 100% educ)

Jinxiewinxie

What adds another element is that a lot of the "balance" from the CC resources comes from the Value of things, not the amount made. So.. 14 bread might require 14 flour, but the flour sells for 1 and the bread sells for 3.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 04, 2019, 11:07:05 AM
What adds another element is that a lot of the "balance" from the CC resources comes from the Value of things, not the amount made. So.. 14 bread might require 14 flour, but the flour sells for 1 and the bread sells for 3.

yes about true value, but citizens when they eat, they ignore if they eat something at 1 cent or at 1 million ^^

brads3

the CC way makes sence for furniture,muskets,building supplies, and many other items. it doesn't as much for food. food can do both increase the outputs and the values. but yes a different formula. this is an area that mods don't have to match every mod either.modders can make their own formula and  keep it easy for them.

Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, I was under the impression that most folks would prefer not having double items in the trading post and storage, etc. so I haven't been changing raw material files much if I can help it. I think maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and do what I'd like then if its not a big deal =) Here's to JinxieLeather and JinxieWoodTools and JinxieMead and JinxieBread, etc. etc. XD

Abandoned

:)  I for one would not be happy with unnecessary duplicate items, especially come items like leather and tools or clothes.

Jinxiewinxie

I may have been being a bit facetious XD