News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Quote from: kid1293 on April 28, 2019, 09:35:56 AM
One different approach would be to build the fence and have everything else as ghosted 'skins' to add
after mood and season. Free to build. Quick to remove. Takes some planning with the original pathing though.

I think it would be a good idea to have a basic park and the seasonal parks free to build with remove button for easy switching from one season to the next.  The extra ghosted deco items can be added for variety or to use on the plain basic park.

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on April 28, 2019, 03:02:53 PM
:) I think they are worth a little difficulty in placing.  Otherwise for variety you would have to make a lot of tables and benches.

That's true.. like ones that have the blond haired girl with the guy in the brown outfit together or ones with just ladies at the table... etc. etc. I think I was able to create some varied positions and outfit choices that will work out alright for folks to set people down nicely (even if its a little finicky to get them "just right" heh)

Quote from: Abandoned on April 29, 2019, 07:06:01 AM
Quote from: kid1293 on April 28, 2019, 09:35:56 AM
One different approach would be to build the fence and have everything else as ghosted 'skins' to add
after mood and season. Free to build. Quick to remove. Takes some planning with the original pathing though.

I think it would be a good idea to have a basic park and the seasonal parks free to build with remove button for easy switching from one season to the next.  The extra ghosted deco items can be added for variety or to use on the plain basic park.

I'll see about adding them as just big deco pieces maybe? I don't know if that'll work well with footprints (i.e. the bannies can walk here but here) but I'll try it out =)

----

AND WE HAVE A SITTING MAN SUCCESS! I don't love one of his arms but it looks fiiiiine and is better than no sitting fella at all XD

Everyone shown here is a deco person =) 4 standing versions for each gender and 3 sitting ones. They'll be included in my festival park. I may make even more outfit and hair color options for both positions to be later included in just a plain "people deco" pack.

Abandoned

Oh my gosh, those deco people are just fantastic, a very nice variety and totally unique.  Great job  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Yay! Glad you like 'em! These ones are intentionally meant to blend in with the base-game outfits.. even though 1 has made some really neat ones, I imagine most folks will have base-game bannies running around. Except for the bride, she's got her own outfit without sleeves because its darn pretty XD

Jinxiewinxie

Maybe in my full-on people deco pack I'll include some gray haired folks =) I was thinking I could make kids as well, they're just a scaled down version of the adults XD

Abandoned

oh, some seniors and children would be great.  Grandma and grandpa sitting in the park with children, what fun  :)

Abandoned

:D oh, look at the cat keeping warm in that beard  :D

Jinxiewinxie

Welp, props are all finished and I made the parks with 0 build cost so they'll show up right away as long as there aren't trees or something to clear first =)

I think maybe the toolbar is too long XD I could separate them into themed buttons.. like the Easter ones together, the Halloween ones together, etc. etc. Unsure =/

I've uploaded a beta version to Google Drive, this link will take you to it: http://bit.ly/JinxieFestivalBeta

I'm hoping for some feedback in case I missed something or maybe if that toolbar is too much, etc. etc. =) I'm not adverse to adding more versions of some of the props, like maybe it would be handy to have a rotated version of the snowman or whatever if anyone thinks it'd be handy =)

kid1293

Hi. Many toolbar buttons can be grouped and I advise you to do that.
All too long toolbar may cause a crash. I set mine at max 18. Game default, I think.

I have more than 18 separate mods in my deco but that is up to the player.
I never advise loading all mods at the same time.

A grouped toolbar can also be easier to get a quick look at. :)

Jinxiewinxie

Are the crashes from the toolbar trying to go off the screen based on someone's screen size?

I'd like to know how the CC fellas were able to group all their animals in one big box, as seen here:

XD I'll fix it for now so that the deco items are grouped by their related festival and that should help it be more manageable and less likely to cause a crash =) Ty for your advice!

kid1293

CC has a short toolbar built in. They released it alone too.
I don't know where to find it. I post it here.

Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie

Okies, I've uploaded another beta version that has a more manageable toolbar for the deco items =) The link is the same: http://bit.ly/JinxieFestivalBeta

Here's a shot of what it looks like now:

kid1293

Hm.. I had a look and it is fairly simple.

Look in Dialog\Toolbar.rsc
Search for EDIT (capitalized)
I changed it to 12 rows of 18 buttons. That is 216 and should last a while.

Jinxiewinxie

That's so nifty! I'll play with it a bit and see how it works =) [Wondering if it gives you like, empty space if you have a weird number of icons in a toolbar or anything like that]