News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, October 11, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Just a reminder. I love it! How much do those books weigh? 500 pounds?

RedKetchup

hehe those one yeah. they have been written by a monk almost blind, so he was writing very very big ^^

now they are better, he got retired :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

After all this fuzz about spelling: you ought to name your greatest buildings in French!

RedKetchup

yeah

so ... for 1 full year how much 'trade value'  1 citizen should do as work ? (if it s firewood=X4 , if it s aleX8 , etc) so i define how many books and how much will be sold.

Nilla

Books are valuable, handcrafted; so few books, high price.

Somewhere I have in mind that you said, it can only be built once (or was that some other building?) In that case it is no big deal if the tradevalue is very high.

Pangaea

Will the books have a use besides trade value?

rkelly17

The monastery is just beautiful. Now you can make a matching hostel to put next door for the monks and nuns to live in. Of course in Banished you'd have to put up with married monastics. The citizens do want to pair up.

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 12, 2014, 06:52:12 PM
Slink !!!!!!

one day you WILL BE as good as me  !!!

its only time passing doing this and experience !
just that !

you will do as better than me or even better, dont worry !

You sell yourself short.  You have far more patience with the graphics than I, and a very good eye for detail.  You are an artist.  I am a programmer (among other things not related to graphics) who can use a graphics editor.  I will get better at editing other people's models, but I doubt I will spend days building a building from scratch.

I do wish we knew what some of the variables in his code meant.  *sigh*

RedKetchup

it all depends if you 'really' want to try or not. or simply easily 'give up' and let people live through it :P

EDIT:
english isnt my home language and it s kinda hard to say something while you know very well things and words can have a different meaning as we use a translator. :(

RedKetchup

back to the Monastery i did my footprint. since i am not very skilled at draw : i did it like that, it fills completly my foundation, and nowhere, nowhere, it goes further and can be seen once the building is built :)

and i copy pasted some 'rectangle' of stockpile. i think it s an acceptable compromise :)

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 13, 2014, 09:26:51 PM
it all depends if you 'really' want to try or not. or simply easily 'give up' and let people live through it :P

EDIT:
english isnt my home language and it s kinda hard to say something while you know very well things and words can have a different meaning as we use a translator. :(

Possibly running the translated words in reverse through the translator would give a better approximation of the emotional content?

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 13, 2014, 10:09:57 PM
back to the Monastery i did my footprint. since i am not very skilled at draw : i did it like that, it fills completly my foundation, and nowhere, nowhere, it goes further and can be seen once the building is built :)

and i copy pasted some 'rectangle' of stockpile. i think it s an acceptable compromise :)

When I try to make a masked png file, as the apiary example of a footprint shows us, I get the error from the compiler:

"Texture is marked as RGBACompressed but has a fully white alpha channel!"

Here is my footprint file.

And here is the decal code.

DecalDescription decal
{
MaterialInstance _materials
[
"Models/MaterialInstance/SJGLBreweryFootprintMaterial.rsc"
"Models/MaterialInstance/SJGLBreweryFootprintDamageMaterial.rsc"
]
bool _tiled = false;
float _initialAlpha = 0.5;

float _mapWidth = 512.0;

DecalLocation _decalLocations
[
{
float _x0 = 0.0;
float _y0 = 0.0;
float _x1 = 512.0;
float _y1 = 512.0;
}
]
}

RedKetchup

it is because you dont use  a 'transparent' .png, but a white one.

i deleted all your white pixels and they are now transparent (nothing (DEL), white is a pixel color as brown black red green or blue it is 255,255,255)

here your transparent footprint :)

slink

Picture Publisher 8 does not paint nothing.  The only transparency it recognizes is in GIF files.  I thought the masks in the apiary footprint PNG file were doing the job, but apparently I must switch to Gimp after all.   :)

Now I have a proper footprint.  Thank you for helping me.

RedKetchup