News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, October 11, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

What will the footprint be? Same as the church, 8 x 12? It looks slightly longer in the picture. Do we have an ETA? Or will you release a whole production mod like the Creamery?

RedKetchup

the footprint is a bit bigger than church :

int _width = 14;
   int _height = 8;

about ETA : soon will have a version of only the Monastery:
there will be 1 choice : Books = [coal+wood+leather] (coal=ink, wood=paper. leather = book cover)

further version will have ink and paper processessed
and another one will have + wine and grapes.

since i didnt got any anwsers about 1 citizen how much trade value should get in 1 year (for example 1 woodcutter , how many firewood X4 trade value is making in a year....) i ll have to setup numbers like i quickly guess, i dunno... maybe like 10 - 15 books per year at 200 trade value each. (2000-3000)
i have no idea how much it should be.

i will probably merge the library with it at some point and let citizen use them for happiness. (like alcohol)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i will need testers :P

to tweak the number of books/value per year.

need 80 work units to make 1 to 2 books depending education
max of 4 monks (2 is default, can go up to 4)
first value : 200 gold per book

can only build 1 monastery in the game.

Nilla

If it works in an existing game I can test it for you if you want. Although I havn´t much time until this evening.

RedKetchup

yes it works in saves :) and it s even a must cause you need logs coal and leather to make book

i wish to get more sell value than firewood , or my creamery .....

cause you can only build 1 in the game. so you cant do like woodcutters and build 40 of them and sell 30000 firewood per year.

i want it to worth more, but it s really limited.
limited at 4 workers monk per game.

Fellow Villager

I'll test!
this mod gives an incompatibility with small vendors mod...but they works togheter..don't know

RedKetchup

?? on what ? the honey icon ?, click on the _ next to X so you see where are from the conflicts.

Fellow Villager

models|materiallinstance|barrels_resource.crs
                "                    "  barrelstexture_resource.crs

this two files 

RedKetchup

oh ok
bah ya , it s me who has put barrels in his model ^^ . i guess i need to rename them haha, probably same for the grainsacks i ve put at the grain silo, it s the same sacks ^^.

Bobbi

I will not be able to test until late tonight  :'(

RedKetchup

np Bobbi, test tonight, it s still ok :)

7 persons downloaded it. i hope to get 7x numbers from the 7 people who took it.

it needs coal, logs and leathers so ... it asks a little little bit of economy. and to get couple of year numbers, it need some food, so they dont die :)
this is why i m asking numbers from testers, please if you took it, gimme at least some numbers.

Alfreddie

I downloaded it and wanted to test (on a saved game) but it seems to conflict with the "Smaller Vendor Buildings"... It's what the board "MODS" notify. Does it use the same resources?

Nilla

So I have tried your monastery.

I like it. It fits very well to the other buildings.

It seems to be connected with the limits of tools. As i have understood from the discussion about seedlings, there is not much to do about it. At least not for the moment. But it is a bit annoying.

I ran it 4 years. I only had 1 monk working; 6-8-8-6 books produced. There is no reason that it shouldn't be about the same for each monk, if more are working together. Perhaps it could be a little bit higher if it is built a bit more in the middle of the town, I also didn´t have much coal, so maybe if everything is perfect, it would produce a bit more.

With a trade-value of 200 it is 1200-1600 for one person each year (the input-value is low, as it should be, there is no use of large amount of raw-materials for a book, just a lot of work).

You said that you want a higher trade-value than for woodcutter/ale-brewer. OK the monastery with 4 monks makes more, but not each person. A really good brewery, could make 600 ale, which gives a trade-value of 3000 (600*8-600*3) a medium good brewery 400 ale, which gives a trade value of 2000.

I like that the production is low. If it is possible it could be even lower than 6-8 books for each monk, but I think the trade-value could be higher. Perhaps with this productivity 400-500 for each book.

rkelly17

@RedKetchup, I'm going to use it in a new town which I started today. I haven't built the monastery yet--town is too new--but it will show up soon. You can check up at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=571.0

RedKetchup

Quote from: Alfreddie on October 15, 2014, 12:06:57 PM
I downloaded it and wanted to test (on a saved game) but it seems to conflict with the "Smaller Vendor Buildings"... It's what the board "MODS" notify. Does it use the same resources?

it is just the barrels outside the building ! it s nothing. wont crash your game or whatever