News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Old Question

Started by Paeng, December 12, 2014, 10:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Old - but still unsolved, kinda...

We know there are 4 food groups - vegetable, fruit, grain and protein.

Then we have the Gatherers - I always thought they collect a little of each group, but it doesn't really match up.

Onions = Vegetable
Berries = Fruit
Mushroom = Protein
Roots = ??? (can't be meant to be a grain, right?)

So how does that add up? What do they really gather (in terms of food groups), and how are their 4 items distributed?

* Not really that important, but it irks me ever since... LOL
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

slink

Mushrooms and roots are both vegetables, according to their RawMaterial files.

Paeng

Quote from: slink on December 12, 2014, 01:07:51 PMMushrooms and roots are both vegetables, according to their RawMaterial files.

Ouch... really?! Mushrooms are not even protein? But Onions they ARE considered vegetables, right? LOL

So that means the Gatherers get only 2 food groups - vegetables (3) and fruit (1)...
Hmmm, they are even more stop-gap than I thought...

Thanks for digging this out, Slink  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on December 12, 2014, 01:40:13 PM
Quote from: slink on December 12, 2014, 01:07:51 PMMushrooms and roots are both vegetables, according to their RawMaterial files.

Ouch... really?! Mushrooms are not even protein? But Onions they ARE considered vegetables, right? LOL

So that means the Gatherers get only 2 food groups - vegetables (3) and fruit (1)...
Hmmm, they are even more stop-gap than I thought...

Thanks for digging this out, Slink  :)

Right. If you start on hard you must trade to get grains unless you build an apiary. Honey is set as a universal food.

I noticed an interesting thing in a recent start on medium. The only crop was wheat. I built a forest village (gatherer, hunter, forester, wood cutter plus barn and 6 houses) and a farm which grew 2 9X9 blocks of wheat plus 2 houses and the original barn. The people who lived in the forest ate from their barn, which got a bit of wheat, and had five hearts. The people who lived at the farm and ate from their barn, which had only wheat, dropped to two hearts before I built a market to cover them. They really do need all four groups.

A Nonny Moose

I know this is a little late to bump this oldie, but has it occurred to anyone that mushrooms have no food value at all?  They only impart flavours (and/or some rather nasty poisons).
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

salamander

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by food value, but mushrooms (in real life) are a decent source of protein and contain a decent amount of vitamins, too.  Just sayin' ...  ;)

A Nonny Moose

Oops, I stand corrected.  My mommy always said they were nothing but flavour, but the USDA disagrees.  Not much by way of protein, but certainly a lot of trace stuff you need.

RedKetchup

seems to me i stated all flags for all food lately , somewhere in a post. i listed all food and made a copy paste of the files.
it was 2-3 days ago, but dont remember where i ve put that. maybe it was where i ve talked about an idea for moddlers : making the game harder by supressing all food tags and  have it processed before getting it flagged

edit: nop it s not there :P maybe i just dreamed to doing it and didnt really made it ?? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

'S Ok.  I saw it somewhere.