News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on October 08, 2014, 01:41:21 PM
It's under storage buildings, last button.

Nothing shows up for me, and I've checked every sub-menu (storage etc). The last button in the storage menu is TP. There are no new buttons anywhere in the toolbars. Does the same file work for you?

RedKetchup

oh i see..... the mame of the package isnt bad ?? no _____ allowed i think.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Hmm, don't think so, because "SJGL_No More Seeds" works, and there are both _ and spaces.

RedKetchup

yup even if you take them out, its too late, you need to recompile without underscores

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Tried renaming it to SJGLSmallMarkets.pkm and it still doesn't work -- but I don't know if it would even work to rename mods like this. Would that invalidate them?

RedKetchup

yup, tried it too. no space no underscore, no space with underscore... it s all too late.

need to be recompiled without space and strange caracters. i thought we discussed that when we try to implement a naming convention. we cant add any strange caracters

slink

It works with underscores and spaces, and with renaming after the compilation.  Every mod I have uploaded to date has been compiled with a private name and then renamed to include spaces and underscores in the name.  Sorry to burst your bubbles.

I don't know why it isn't working for you, @rkelly17.

RedKetchup

i dunno. that was my first impression. maybe it was a bubble like you says . but itsnt working for kelly, not working for me neither, and pangaea ? working for you ?

slink

Rename it to smallmarkets, then.  From now on I will name my mods SJGLThisIsAMod1OhMyGodHowCanIReadThisWithNoSpacesOrUnderscores ...   ;D

Pangaea

I tried to rename it, but it didn't work then either, so I think something has gone awry when it was compiled.

RedKetchup

renamed it everything else still didnt made it work. i still have no icon anymore.

slink

How is anyone using the No More Seeds mod?  That was compiled with the name "override", then renamed to "SJGL_No More Seeds".

This mod works for me, named back to smallmarkets which is the name it was compiled to.

PackageFile smallmarkets
{
String _name = "Small Markets";
String _author = "Slink";

Pangaea

Your other mods that I've tried work fine, so I'm not sure what is wrong here, but if it doesn't work for any of us, I suspect something has gone wrong in the compiling process. Do you use the exact same file, and it works on your end?

I've tried it both in the modkit and the normal game, with original name and shorter ones, but it simply doesn't load, or doesn't work properly. I don't have that extra menu button. No other mods are loaded.

slink

The exact same file, renamed back to smallmarkets.pkm, is working for me.  As a matter of fact, it was working for me with the other name, but at that time I had a newer version named smallmarkets.pkm and that was apparently allowing the old version to run.  When I removed the new version, the older, renamed, version, stopped working.  This is a new thing for me, because I have been renaming my mods on a regular basis.  Perhaps I compiled the No More Seeds with the previous version.  Or it may have had something to do with the crash that occurred when we loaded anything but an override, in the briefly available version.  That crash indicated that Luke had been messing with the mod handling system.  In fact, No More Seeds is an override rather than something completely new, so that fits the theory.  It is possible that overrides can be renamed now, but not anything new.

At any rate, naming the file you have back to smallmarkets.pkm should make it work again.  In the future I will be naming my files with the final name of the mod, as cumbersome as it is to type SJGL_Small_Markets or the like in every place it is apparently required with the newest version of the modding kit.  I have already tested that and it does work with underscores.  I will have to leave the version number out of the actual mod name from now on.  I don't want to go through those changes for every version.