News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Town Row Houses 1.20

Started by kid1293, February 21, 2016, 08:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Maybe set the house next to the pier. And a paddock for livestock. Do not make it too small. Should not be similar to the Mini Building Mod. It is not in the Wild. It is small town. The disadvantage of the small size should be the capacity, as has been said. And the number of traders (only 1?). A limited type of goods would be a bit frustrating. I want to trade with all, even in the early game. It will be fine.

kid1293

@RedKetchup - Livestock trader does not unload at tradepost. I use 'livestock_001' and all
other points are working. The animals land at middle of map 0,0? Is there anything I should
be aware of?

@Turis - Here's what I meant.
I don't want to overuse the house on every trader I may do.
This is for a livestock trader.

Turis

RedKetchup

create_002 is the point that the animals appear at
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

I tested create_002 (kralyerg told me) and then the animals got
spread all over the map. Something is not right. But I wait and learn.
I continue with a standard trader without seeds and livestock.
And later a seed trader since I learned the value of those from
SpecializedTradePosts.

Thanks anyway! but the problem is somewhere else. All other points
work and I get response when changed to create_002 but just not
the right response. Can't figure it out now.  :(

Tomorrow is a new day, no ?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

;D  ;D  ;D

And a Good Morning to you!

DesoPL

The only thing i personally miss here, is only something like stone houses like non mod banished got. Yeah an upgrade or something. ;)

And maybe eventually some decorations, fits to this set.

kid1293

Do you realize the size of that upgrade?
I have a lot of houses now and if they all should have new walls and roofing,
it is a big job! But I agree - I also want something more  ;D

Almost forgot, rowhouses counts as stonehouses, at least in numbers.
And the walls are mostly plastered, so to me it feels like stonehouses.

I hope you don't mean upgrading with a second floor...

Turis

I just want to bring to your attention the difference in family size between this mod and the Forest mod. The small thatched house can have a family of four while the smaller rowhouse allows families of five.

DesoPL

Quote from: kid1293 on April 14, 2016, 03:46:50 AM
Do you realize the size of that upgrade?
I have a lot of houses now and if they all should have new walls and roofing,
it is a big job! But I agree - I also want something more  ;D

Almost forgot, rowhouses counts as stonehouses, at least in numbers.
And the walls are mostly plastered, so to me it feels like stonehouses.

I hope you don't mean upgrading with a second floor...

Actually no second floor, but using less fuel etc ya know.

kid1293

@Turis  and @DesoPL :

ResidenceDescription residence
{
   int _maxApartments = 1;
   int _maxOccupants = 4;
   float _temperatureForFuel = 50.0;
   float _fuelPerResource = 100.0;
}
This is from middle rowhouse and if you have 5 people living
in the house they must have moved in as a family. (any size I think)

I have had 5-6 persons in a 4-person house just when I destroyed another building.

As you can see the middle rowhouse is warmer than a stonehouse (_fuelPerResource = 90.0;)
The end house have only 80 but that is because they have more outer walls.

I don't think geothermal heating or heat exchanger is suitable for the Banished age!

That is not to say I will not do anything with the houses:

I have followed threads here and at Nexus and people seem to have a hard time building
a lot of rowhouses if use Colonial Charter mod. It's the iron vs. iron ore problem.
I can remove the need for iron when building my residential houses. If so I have to up
the need for wood and stone.

It's just a thought but it makes sense since my rowhouses are rather early in the game.

All in favor rise a hand. Don't throw anything hard if you disagree. :)

rkelly17

Quote from: kid1293 on April 14, 2016, 07:57:08 AM
I have followed threads here and at Nexus and people seem to have a hard time building
a lot of rowhouses if use Colonial Charter mod. It's the iron vs. iron ore problem.
I can remove the need for iron when building my residential houses. If so I have to up
the need for wood and stone.

It's just a thought but it makes sense since my rowhouses are rather early in the game.

All in favor rise a hand. Don't throw anything hard if you disagree. :)

I've been using the row houses in my edge of the map mining villages with Colonial Charter. They seem to fit the idea of a small village of miners. I build enough to use up the initial iron supply (Medium start) and then build the forge which starts producing iron so I can build iron tools and more row houses. Of course, sometimes I forget and end up with a couple of unfinished row houses that sit there until there is enough iron.  ::)

If you are going to produce a Colonial Charter version, maybe you could change the iron requirement one-to-one with an iron ore requirement. Then the houses could be built before iron is produced. Deleting iron and upping the log and stone requirement is also OK, since there are a number of "row house" villages out there in the world where there is no iron in the construction.

Another option for folks using CC is the "Iron Is Iron" CC mod which returns surface iron to being iron rather than iron ore. Yours is not the only collection which uses iron for construction and so runs into problems in CC.

Turis

I'm sorry. I made a mistake assuming the family size in the rowhouses were 5.

Anyway, I don't use CC so I'll go along with any changes you want to make as long as there's no CC's iron ore in the material requirement to build.

I want to suggest you to combine all of your mods into one.

DesoPL

Actually. I need make an huge revamp of my installed mods and throw out some mods. :D And gonna try latest Kid mods. :)

I've got inspirations from currently playing Stronghold but sadly only palisades at some point, may work. :(