News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Town Row Houses 1.20

Started by kid1293, February 21, 2016, 08:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbamcgee

That looks considerably better.  Much more details and very sharp.  Looks great.  Can I make a small suggestion... the vertical piece that is directly under the windows has always looked kind of odd.  It covers over the stone.  So, could that be removed?

Gatherer

Quote from: Turis on October 31, 2016, 09:32:59 AM
Suggestion: Eliminate the windows from the attic level.

I don't think that's a good idea.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

@bubbamcgee - it's not possible to remove the beam, unless I tear down the wall :)

I agree with Gatherer. I keep the houses as they are.

This will take a long time, so be prepared to wait.

elemental

I like the little attic windows.  :)

These row houses are some of my favourite houses in the game. Love them. Thank you for making them. :) I'd say they are perfect except that the different combinations don't always match up perfectly. The inners match and the outers match, but if you want to combine inners and outers you don't get a perfect alignment. I don't know if that can easily be fixed, or if you would want to do it. I suspect it might be a lot of work. They are already really nice and I'm surprised that you are going back to them, so whatever you might choose to do will be a bonus.

If you do want to play around with new models, a 3 wide tunnel house (or tunnel storage building) would be a good addition. (the whole house being 3 squares wide, not the tunnel itself) I agree that a T would also be good, if you can find some way to do it.

Discrepancy

I also love the look of these houses, so keep the attic windows :) this is one of the best mods, if not THE BEST mod for Banished.

And good work with the re-texturing, I like the new details. I wish you luck, as I know it is time-consuming and can get very frustrating.

@elemental , making the houses align front-to-back would be a fair bit of work. I wouldn't like to do it ;)
... also your screenshot has made me want to get back to finishing that Town Tithe barn...

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on October 31, 2016, 08:50:52 AMhere are two pictures to show difference.

That looks... sharp  ;D
Great job, and I'm so glad you're raising them a bit, will fit even better with other buildings...
And yeah, I love the little attic windows, too...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on October 31, 2016, 03:13:31 PM

@elemental , making the houses align front-to-back would be a fair bit of work. I wouldn't like to do it ;)
... also your screenshot has made me want to get back to finishing that Town Tithe barn...

No! You've got other things to do.   :D

And yes I can imagine aligning all those row houses would be a huge job. Probably not worth the effort because as they are right now, the row house mod is one of the best.

TheOtherMicheal

I also like the little attic windows, they give extra character to the buildings and allow a lot of visual variety to the houses we can build.

Apologies for a slight change of subject  :(
Elemental, the screenshot you posted, I recognize most of the mods you're using (because I use them too!) but would you mind telling me what mod you have for the stone building with the round roof turret? It's the building in the lower left-hand side of the picture - it looks like it could be a church building.

Discrepancy

I'm pretty sure that is RK's NMT Smoke House.

TheOtherMicheal

Discrepancy, thank you  ;D
It appears to be a bigger building in the screenshot because it's right on the edge of the image and looks as though only half the building is showing. I started up Banished and had a look and you were spot on, it's the smoke house. I kept thinking it was some sort of church or townhall so I only looked for those things!  ::)

And also I should add that I did actually intend to say "please" to elemental but I seem to have dropped that single word when I was looking at the image and re-typing the request  >:(

elemental

It's the town hall and they're busy burning all the emails public records.

Just kidding, it's Red's smokehouse as you already discovered.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: elemental on October 31, 2016, 09:43:50 PM
It's the town hall and they're busy burning all the emails public records.

Just kidding, it's Red's smokehouse as you already discovered.
???
:o
I hate it when they do that, it makes the smoked bacon taste like paper!

;D

Tom Sawyer

If you want to rework it... I have a small suggestion to the small town hall. Since it is stretched in its height, it looks a bit odd. Maybe the roofs should not be stretched. Just the walls. But I'm not sure how it is to solve in the best way.

And another small thing are these tropical plants outside the door. Does not fit well in the Nordic environment and could also be placed individually with the decorative plants mod. The same with the herbalist. It is only a detail but this is one of the best mods for the north. :)

kid1293

The town hall looks ridiculous.
I just tried to be different and with my limited knowledge
at the time, it came out that way.  :-[

Maybe I can salvage it somehow. I have all the old files, so...

Plants will be gone, but what shall I put in front of the herbalist? Cabbage? :)
Maybe only a stretch of grass. We will see.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: kid1293 on November 01, 2016, 07:30:34 AM
Plants will be gone, but what shall I put in front of the herbalist? Cabbage? :)

A table or anything else with dried herbs.

The herbalist takes it from the wilderness and is not a gardener. These strange sunflowers and mushrooms at the vanilla herbalist also bother me, especially in the Nordic winter and have to be replaced.