Main Menu

BETA : New Medieval Castle : Beta v 0.1 - Walls

Started by RedKetchup, April 21, 2015, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

got it :) Thanks to @kralyerg  :) his code was exactly same as me but it was prolly my .fbx graphic file that was in trouble  :o

so you guys want 1x1 tile ? or 2x1 ? or 3 ? and how much deep ? 1x deep ? 2 deep ? 3 ? (3 has some blue appear at bottom) but unfortunately, i dont see how we can add some water that move like the river. maybe i can check for water texture that isnt that bad and not animated.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 03, 2015, 06:02:47 PM
so you guys want 1x1 tile ? or 2x1 ? or 3 ? and how much deep ? 1x deep ? 2 deep ? 3 ? (3 has some blue appear at bottom) but unfortunately, i dont see how we can add some water that move like the river. maybe i can check for water texture that isnt that bad and not animated.
1x1 would be too small for a moat i think, at least 2 or 3 wide (about size of creek, or a little wider)
water texture something close to the colouring of basic game water (river)..
Kralyergs is a little to light blueish for a moat, while maals is maybe a bit too dark..
but then again, a moat depth would give a dark colour to the water.

1 small thing i noticed : the stairwell on the 'harrowed' and 'double doors' pieces are a bit big compaired to the one on the 'wallbridge'.
there is no room to walk around it, while there is on the wallbridge.
edit: yes there is a 'walkway' on one side, much smaller then 'wallbridge' one though.

lol : Free roaming cows on top of the wall :D

RedKetchup

keep in mind that 1x1 tile gives more likely 3x1 cause both slop. i am trying to put an unanimated water at -0.5 tile depth and i need to scale it at 250% to make sure it goes up to the ground and inside ground. i will probably need to try to make it as a 'road' 'bridge' 'click&dragged' to have a begining , a middle and an end. if i find the way to make it work that way. it is a pain those things

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 03, 2015, 07:00:28 PM
keep in mind that 1x1 tile gives more likely 3x1 cause both slop. i am trying to put an unanimated water at -0.5 tile depth and i need to scale it at 250% to make sure it goes up to the ground and inside ground. i will probably need to try to make it as a 'road' 'bridge' 'click&dragged' to have a begining , a middle and an end. if i find the way to make it work that way. it is a pain those things
yeah with slope 2 or 3 wide (4 or 5 total) would suffice i guess. Maybe GimmeCat can explain how his 'flatten terrain tool' works, this could work for making a moat.

Bobbi

You are just incredible. Looks like a moat to me. Gotta do something about all those cows jumping in the "water". As far as width , I think four or five wide. Color, more like the river color. It doesn't have to look like running water, because moats were more standing water, I think. And probably pretty scummy. But maybe some kind of color variation.

kralyerg

Looking good.  :)

The one problem I have seen with lowering the terrain like this (and I'm not sure how to fix it) is that after it is built and you want to remove it, the terrain will stay lowered and the game won't let you build on it.  The only way around this that I've found is to use the Flatten Terrain to flatten the lowered part back up.

Also, have you tried building your drawbridges over the moat? When I did it, the lowered terrain counted as a building, so you wouldn't be able to build a regular bridge or anything over it.  Not sure how you coded the drawbridges, so it might work, if the drawbridges are outside the mapping.  Just some food for thought.

RedKetchup

we wont be able to make an drawbridge over, but i can make model of drawbridge with moat already included :)
^presently testing with some wall in the moat. maybe will have a set with walls and a set without ^^ depending what will people say ^^

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 03, 2015, 04:05:38 PMhow you like it

It's gonna be a nice set, I'm sure  :)
It's quite dominant, so one has to find ways to set up walls where they don't overpower everything else... more around the outer fringes of the empire maybe... we'll see  ;D

Nice work on the moat - that's actually too nice for a moat, this will make nice canals... specially if you make some diagonals as well... ;-P
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Glenn

Your moat/canal looks great.

If there was some way to duplicate the water effects of the river it may then be possible to create an inland trading post.
The traders boat may then come up the canal to come to the trading post.
I have created waterfronts with the trading post and the CC-EA stone quay feature, but they do not really compliment each other.
In my mind the stone and timber of each does not come together as nicely as I would like.
I can't help but think that a timber waterfront would suit the trading post and fishing platform a little better.
Additionally, a fishing platform that followed the coastline rather than sticking out into the river or lake would make for an interesting added feature to further enhance the game.
If it is possible to recreate the water effects of the river, it may then be possible to build bridges over the canal or as you said attach the moat to a bridge as a separate construction piece.

Glenn

Gatherer

Can the bridge over the canal not be built using overlap technology?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

assobanana76

Jesus, Red !!
what a great job!
I have missed three days and see what I find !!!
great !! great !! great !!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Fellow Villager

red, your work is amazing, as usual. i follow this thread with great interest

assobanana76

considering this mod, the NMT 0.7 and the upcoming near release of a new CC will force me to abandon my little maps in favor, at least, of a medium map ...
I must begin a thorough search ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

i agree about those moats with walls look, and are in fact, more canals than moats. and i ll act accordingly. i will tag them as 'Canals'.

Do you think 'moats' should have some water or not ?