Main Menu

BETA : New Medieval Castle : Beta v 0.1 - Walls

Started by RedKetchup, April 21, 2015, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Stephen122334

That new TP is absolutely stunning, the vanilla TP looks very visually unappealing in comparison, Great work as usual Red  8)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Stephen122334 on May 09, 2015, 08:26:54 AM
That new TP is absolutely stunning, the vanilla TP looks very visually unappealing in comparison, Great work as usual Red  8)

thanks you @Stephen122334  :)

i dunno where he took his ideas ... draws... or he bought them... i don't know but...
LOL @ this screenshot ^^

chillzz

Nice!

i believe Luke did all the graphics himself, according to his blog.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

really disgusted presently about my TP and bullheaded merchants that doesnt want to dock my TP^^

chillzz

those darned merchants messing things up  :'(

we could beta test without merchant though.. there is no rush on that one i think!

assobanana76

Red !!
I am almost survived a bronchitis in order to use this mod and 07.a !!
and as usual did not disappoint ever !!
I was just planning 2nd trading post on the edge of the map and you pull me out of the hat this another masterpiece !!!
great !! great!!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

for the moment there wont be a TP :( something is wrong.

if you put a real TP in a lake, and you use moats to dig a canal .... merchants take it and go to the TP :) but
MY TP , no merchants want to go to it, they just pass by even if you put it on a lake or main river.

there is something wrong. and maybe i have an idea why : maybe in the mesh, the graphic file, we need to put a 'dummy' we call (same dummies as build_001, build_002... for builders positions, use_001 use_002 ... for the workers like working in apiary or put stuff like at market, create_001 create_002... for resource to appear like honey....)
there is certainly , maybe, something missing to tell where the boat need to go and dock to the TP

and because it is missing, the merchant pass by.

and it need a name, but what name ? ? ? merchant ? merchant_001 ? ? boat ? ? ? boat_001 ? ? ? ? i have no idea :(

assobanana76

I'm sure that eventually you will solve this problem !!
have you tried to seek help from Shock or Kralyerg?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

i can ask before going to bed, if they are UP ! lol

chillzz

maybe take a closer look to warehouse inc files... because close to water, it will have a docking merchant.
And that is what you're looking for right?

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on May 11, 2015, 03:56:26 AM
maybe take a closer look to warehouse inc files... because close to water, it will have a docking merchant.
And that is what you're looking for right?

in my warehouse file there isnt any dummy specific for the merchant, i know that s me who did it. if there is a specific dummy we need to put, it is nowhere mentionned. that s the problem with moddling this game. we dont have any manual, any info of what are the parameters and the members and what are those little things we need to put here and there without being mentionned anywhere.

i pass my time to send him email for this or for that because thats the only way to learn what he didnt put in a manual cause he was too lazy to make one.
and most of the time, he doesnt even answer or email back, like last time, he never sent me back an email, nothing

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 11, 2015, 12:21:16 PM
in my warehouse file there isnt any dummy specific for the merchant, i know that s me who did it. if there is a specific dummy we need to put, it is nowhere mentionned. that s the problem with moddling this game. we dont have any manual, any info of what are the parameters and the members and what are those little things we need to put here and there without being mentionned anywhere.

i pass my time to send him email for this or for that because thats the only way to learn what he didnt put in a manual cause he was too lazy to make one. and most of the time, he doesnt even answer or email back, like last time, he never sent me back an email, nothing
I understand the frustration..
it's hard to mod something when there isn't any documentation available at all, or source code to figure it out.
I've been there with several projects for clients. 

I know you are the one who build Warehouse inc, thats why i said it.. without building it, you don't have access to the source and models.
Like i said, somewhere in the code or model (most likely the code) there should be something that makes the merchant dock, else it would not dock i guess.

RedKetchup

alot of things in this game we dont have access, it is hard coded, we say when we talk about those inaccessible things.

warhouse doesnt have any dummy in the graphic for the boat and some poeple reported to have a merchant trading if the building was placed too near of water.

after couple of test to trying to resolve the problem, i succeeded to get boat docking by placing a dummy named 'boat_001' in my graphic file. all building place on the river receive its merchant :) but i dont receive it if the tp is in mainland with canal/moat yet.

nowhere this 'boat_001' is told anywhere by anybody. if that is, i ve been lucky to put the finger on it with the exact spelling without trying 100 different words/spelling.

screenshot shows my dummy in graphic, and 2-3 different view of the boat docking. i dont know if i can control the rotation of the boat yet.

my screenshot also shows that the brickwall is wrong and will disappear. it was only a test. it looks dumb when placed on river / lake.

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 11, 2015, 03:56:18 PM
warhouse doesnt have any dummy in the graphic for the boat and some poeple reported to have a merchant trading if the building was placed too near of water.
yes, i am one of them who noticed this. Since it doesn't have a dummy for the boat, logic deduction would say it's something in the code, or something hardcoded in gamesource, but triggered by something unknown.

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 11, 2015, 03:56:18 PM
after couple of test to trying to resolve the problem, i succeeded to get boat docking by placing a dummy named 'boat_001' in my graphic file. all building place on the river receive its merchant :) but i dont receive it if the tp is in mainland with canal/moat yet.

nowhere this 'boat_001' is told anywhere by anybody. if that is, i ve been lucky to put the finger on it with the exact spelling without trying 100 different words/spelling.

screenshot shows my dummy in graphic, and 2-3 different view of the boat docking. i dont know if i can control the rotation of the boat yet.

my screenshot also shows that the brickwall is wrong and will disappear. it was only a test. it looks dumb when placed on river / lake.
Trial and error.. and bingo!
Maybe you cannot rotate the boat, but the anchor point / dummy boat_001 ? or else the complete model of the trading post