News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Citizens idling en masse at apiary.

Started by Gatherer, November 13, 2015, 12:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Odd thing I've encountered...

I have 4 apiary buildings in pairs of 2 on the opposite sides of my current town. Pair A is made of Luke the Dev's original apiary mod and pair B is made of 1 Luke's and 1 RK's NMT apiary.
Pair A has within a 10 tile radius a cemetery and 1 Mathieuso's Deco Mod small fountain and 1 Mathieuso's Deco Mod medium fountain. There are no citizens idling at any one of these apiary buildings.

Pair B has no happiness boost buildings nearby. The only well catering some 20+ houses is over 30 tiles away. But citizens are flocking to these 2 apiary buildings en masse. I have been following individual citizens and they do not seem to receive any happiness boost while staying there.

I haven't seen anything like this in any of my previous towns.

First I thought it was a conflict with the Fish Farm mod which has it's model based on the apiary but I haven't built a fish farm in my town yet and I also have a Fish Farm fix mod enabled that should prevent citizens from gathering there.

I don't know what to think of this.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

A Nonny Moose

One guesses that there are unattended tasks outstanding for all these idlers.  If not, why worry about how they spend their time?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Gatherer

I'm not worrying I just find it odd that all of a sudden they decide to idle at apiary.  I just want to know why. If I knew that I could possibly exploit that somehow in my next town.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

I have noticed that, too. I suppose that our friend @RedKetchup has put a happiness-circle around this building. By the way; you can see the same thing at his bakery, at least at an earlier version. People even idle in the oven!

Another thing; I have never seen any happiness boost from idling, not at any kind of idling place. Only unhappy persons idle more than happy. 

RedKetchup

^^  ;D

lets see the original apiary from Luke :

HappinessDescription happiness
{
   HappinessType _happinessType = Goods;
}

RadiusDescription radius
{
   int _radius = 20;
}

now lets see mine :)

HappinessDescription happiness
{
   HappinessType _happinessType = Goods;
}

RadiusDescription radius
{
   int _radius = 20;
}

as you can see both are exactly the same, the exact same code :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

Kind of rules that idea out, then.  Maybe it is just the honey that's the attractant.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/