News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@ embx 61 :D :D :D Thank you very much - I did not expect you to do it, I thought I would write to you about giving up my idea - and here's a big surprise I'm shocked - I almost did not get a heart attack. You are a great and talented moderator - mod - it's fantastic - I like that you've stripped beaches on parts - who wants to have only beaches ,I prefer to have beaches and  fishing dock. I am reminded of holidays from the seaside, you can walk to the beach, sunbathe and snack - ice cream or fried fish. Will write about testing the beach and what resulted from this but it's a separate topic - Thanks, Thanks Cheers!

embx61

Great, I almost gave you a heart attack  :o so i have to be careful next time.  ;) :D

But seriously, you are welcome. It was not that much work and I am glad it makes you, and maybe others, happy :)
You do a lot of requests which lots of time not get done for various reasons  by us modders but this time I felt like fulfilling your request because it was possible and it make sense.
It is modular so those who not want fishing at the beach can ignore it. :)

I see your point about who only want beaches but to be fair about all the ghosted stuff not really have a meaning either.
They are just fluff to dress up the villages/cities but the bannies not care one bit of them :)
It is more a roleplaying thing and/or make cities nice.

The beach was a request after the Rock Quarry Resort area and nobody did it yet so i made the beach with some ghosted decorations.
I added a small market UI to give it a bit of meaning but the main purpose was just fluff so players can dress up their maps with a beach if they want to.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Had a bit of a break today from modding.
Did some testing to try to help out galensgranny with crashing issues.

I also surfed the WWW a bit and stumbled on a nice monument mesh and directly loaded 3ds Max up and started working on the mesh.
Poly count was about 8K but I brought it down with some cleanup and getting rid of some side stuff to around 4.5K poly.

Tomorrow I will release the "Statue of our Founding Father" to honor the leader of the first settlers who were banished and started a new settlement. :)
The mechanics will be the same as the statue of liberty for the moment so a fire worker can keep the torches lit to gain spirit happiness.

Have to do the build stages and AO mapping, Icon, final testing and it will be ready.

EDIT: Maybe Monument is a better name then Statue?

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_03_09_18_6_22_03.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Wow indeed!  :)   I think "monument" is a better name for it.
Thanks for helping me out trying to figure out my crash problem.

taniu

@embx61 :D Wow!...just... fantastic
I have a new idea - going back to the beach - is it possible to make a monument with a sea-themed fountain? siren, neptune, or sea animal, ship etc? if you find a model and you want to make such a monument from a fountain, I would be very happy. I have EB Statue of Liberty the beach . She's beautiful
Cheers!

taniu

@embx61 :D I tested the mod of "EB Village Large Beach Resort: Version 17003" I wanted to show my visions of the beach -  I'm sorry to write here but I would like to share my remarks with my sceenshot; test 1
- I had a difficult river bank and I could not put a large beach without the help of tools - "flatten tool" and "terraform tool" - it did not work out well - I wiped a large piece of land and a large dark hole under the pier - though I covered it a bit, but No I could put a fishing dock on the pier
I have a great respect for Luke - and I know that he had other goals in this game - but I could not remove the beach with the tools for handling the objects - - I have the housing - I do not know how you did it? - That's right after removing the beach, there's a big dark hole around - I watched your screenshot

taniu

@embx61  :D"EB Village Large Beach Resort: Version 17003"  test 2
better river bank although the village was a little further, I use tools for flatten i terraform the area but the final effect is better

taniu

@embx61   :D"EB Village Large Beach Resort: Version 17003"  test 3
is best because I put the beach without problem and near the village - that's what I wanted to show my perfect beach with a fishing dock and boats that catch fish - only a lack of flying seagulls over the heads. boats come from the mod "Maritimes" - @ Necora perfectly fit into the fishing dock and fish processing @ RedKetchup. I also have an "Ice Cream Cart" and Donkey - deco donkey from the "Westward Ho V1.02" mod @ kid1293.Now my bannies can rest, fish from the pier, the boats provide sea fishs  , there is a market - they can eat and eat cold ice cream. Only there are no of flying  seagulls over their heads - he jokes -it's enough for my adventure with the beach .Regards   :D

taniu

@embx61 :D have one more request :P - I really like "Beach fishing Dock" jet related to the  from the pier - is it possible to make it as a small separate mod - I like the bright texture of this dock - there is no such dock - Banished Please - Cheers !

embx61

I can make a separate fishing pier. Give me a day or 2.

It can be difficult to place the beach. You need a piece of pretty straight coastline.
The hole I had in the picture was because I changed some code to show what it would look like.
The flatten tool can be a tricky thing and that is why I rather choose for a destroy mesh.

The vendor stalls you have placed in the mud are too deep. They need to be placed on the sand :)
The mud pieces are for plants :)

The big beach can best be placed on a lake as there is more water for the fishing dock.
The dock did not fit because it was too close to the other side shore at the river.
Too close to the other side can also give issues with trading boats.

The deco mod what is realated to the quarry have the same deco pieces as the beach but they are at ground level so can be placed on the side boards.

taniu

@embx61 :D Thank you for the advice - but also during the testing of the beach and its construction I gained experience. Some players have a problem with setting mods - not everything looks pink - I read a lot of moderators' advice - how to set a mod, put it on top of the list or at the bottom of the list of mods - I personally test  - which mod does not match and cause error - delete it or move it. I'm still testing different old and new mods . I noticed that older mods have different raw materials than new ones or for other reasons - but I still do not have enough time to describe problems
I have a question because I do not know if you will make " carts  with fish smoking ". I am sorry to cause you trouble - thank you for adding a small dock, I am very happy - it will be a great set with the beach.
Cheers!

embx61

@taniu
Yes, I will make a fish smoking cart but bare with me as I am in a sort of statue mode at the moment :)
My beloved wife loved statues so she would have been delighted to see more of them. :)
I will see if I can find some meshes with some sea animals to make more statues.

Uploaded the Monument of our Founding Father and a Small Fishing Dock.

I found more statues and are creating a small set of statues out of them.
As I have enough statues which either attract nomads or give spirit happiness these set will just be ghosted and smaller footprints.

I made a new Mod List with more pages reserved to go around the 10.000 character limit of the forum so it stays all together. Thank you Red for pinning the New Mod List thread :)
Her some statues in 3ds Max
Still have to do all the coding and buidling stages, AO and all that good stuff.

brads3

EB, you move around a lot for being in statue mode. good job on your list thread. i didn't want to dirty it up.

embx61

@brads3

You, and others, can comment in the New Mod List thread if you want to as I have reserved some pages so all will stay on top. :)
I did not know about the character limitation or I would have reserved some pages in the old thread from the start.