News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Who is playing Banished? Vote for your age group NOW!

Started by solarscreen, February 26, 2015, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brathaehnchen

rkelly17

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on March 16, 2015, 01:01:43 PM
I am a german 76er model  8)

Interesting. The Germans must have come up with some kind of technology to keep a roast chicken fresh since 1976!  ;D  Seriously, @Brathaehnchen, just seeing your screen name brought back good memories of a student year spent in Heidelberg in the 60s when Wiernerwald was a major splurge--but so much better than Col. Sanders. Thanks.

Brathaehnchen

We in Germany can not do much. But good food and football, we have a clue.  ;D

A Nonny Moose

Don't overlook some of the finest classical music from Germany.  Many composers, and some very contemporary.  I like Kurt Weil as well as Carl Maria von Weber.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Nilla

I always say: Bier, Brot und Wurst (beer, bread and sausages) that´s the food the Germans do the best. (OK die Brathähnchen im Bierzelt in Bayern is quite enjoyable too).

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: Nilla on March 18, 2015, 02:45:42 PM
I always say: Bier, Brot und Wurst (beer, bread and sausages) that´s the food the Germans do the best. (OK die Brathähnchen im Bierzelt in Bayern is quite enjoyable too).

Yep, I would argue that we are the bread and sausage country number 1 in the world.  8)
In beer I can not have a say. I hate beer or any alcohol.

A Nonny Moose

Sorry to say that I didn't get to Germany when I was in Europe in the 1970s, but likely the most authentic German food can be found in the area around Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.  Before WW I, this area was called Berlin, and it is loaded with 19th century German immigrants.  The food in the German club is delicat, und immer gut.

Trizeropz

Aber ich finde dieses Vorurteil mit der Weißwurst und dem Bier ist auf 'Deutsche' bezogen übertrieben @Brathaenchen. In Bayern stimmt es eher. Ich komme aus Norddeutschland und habe noch nie Weißwurst gegessen:D

Brathaehnchen

Last year I was in Iceland on vacation.
There live also many German. And the food there was like at home.
"We" Leave all over the world culinary traces.  ;D

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 18, 2015, 03:14:30 PM
Aber ich finde dieses Vorurteil mit der Weißwurst und dem Bier ist auf 'Deutsche' bezogen übertrieben @Brathaenchen. In Bayern stimmt es eher. Ich komme aus Norddeutschland und habe noch nie Weißwurst gegessen:D

It's like the Bavarian Dirndl and leather pants. All over the world think many people all the germans are wearing Lederhosen and Dirndl.
I also like no white sausage.
Only the pretzels and Fleischkäs from Bavaria I like. And sweet mustard

chillzz

:) Germans know how to enjoy life with good food and drinks! 
love the marzipan and baumkuchen / lebkuchen! with the Reinheitsgebot germany has some of the best beers in the world (not that i drink them... but still)

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on March 18, 2015, 03:19:50 PM
It's like the Bavarian Dirndl and leather pants. All over the world think many people all the germans are wearing Lederhosen and Dirndl.
Same goes for Dutchies..   the world think we all wear clogs and traditional volendammer dress, drink heineken and smoke the herbs, while visiting the red light district ;)
( or putting a finger in a dyke to save the land from flooding :P )
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

oh ! do you know what is the most fun about germany, note that little video is making alot more.... enjoyable .....

it is that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGjaqi74qo

:-*

;D ;D ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 18, 2015, 06:07:40 PM
oh ! do you know what is the most fun about germany, note that little video is making alot more.... enjoyable .....

it is that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGjaqi74qo

:-*

;D ;D ;D

Argh, again as a piece of Bavaria.
For me personally, Bavaria is a troublesome boil on the ass of Germany.
If I could I would give away this state.
I pray every night before I go to bed that anyone takes us this State. As it did with the Crimea in Ukraine, the Russians.

All this just because of the bizarre customs and the horrible dialect.

A Nonny Moose

For the benefit of those of us who have little or no German:

Quote from: Trizeropz on March 18, 2015, 03:14:30 PM

is translated by Google to be:

"But I think this prejudice with white sausage and beer is on ' German ' in relation exaggerated @Brathaenchen . In Bavaria, it's more likely . I 'm from Northern Germany and have never eaten veal sausage : D"

An interesting way of putting it.  I sometimes think that languages don't really translate mechanically.

chillzz

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on March 19, 2015, 05:31:25 AM
An interesting way of putting it.  I sometimes think that languages don't really translate mechanically.
Nope they won't, although Google Translate usually does a good job.
Weird actually, since English, Dutch and German are all in the same language group.
think the isolation on an island for a long time did some things to the language ;)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup