News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of the Brewery

Started by slink, October 11, 2014, 01:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

can you make ale from dead toes from cemetary dead bodies ? ^^

about builders , i explained it there : Oct 07 : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=524.msg7858#msg7858
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on October 14, 2014, 07:58:09 PM
It's very frustrating.  The same recipes, when placed in the tavern, make ale and mead.  I even made ale from potatoes and hide coats, as well as mead from potatoes.  Mead is a new item, and it worked with the tavern.  But simple ale from potatoes would not happen in the brewery.

(You've probably done this, but) have you compared thoroughly with the tavern.rsc code? To me it seems like it's pretty unique, both in performance and code. These segment appear to be important.

HappinessDescription happiness
{
HappinessType _happinessType = Entertainment;
bool _requireWorker = true;
bool _requireStorage = true;
RawMaterialFlags _requiredTypes = Alcohol;
int _idleRange = 3;
}

StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol | Edible;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 300;
}

StorageLocationDescription storagelocation
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol;
}

ConsumeProduceDescription consumeproduce
{
Product _products
[
{
ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialApple.rsc";
int _count = 30;
}
]
ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialAle.rsc";
ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Alcohol;

String _requirements = "AleAppleRequire";
}
//etc for each product
]
}

I've not tried it myself yet as I'm busy with a game I've spent weeks on, so not sure exactly how it works in-game, but I suppose one problem might be that now there are two buildings that produce alcohol, and in the vanilla game there is only one, which may mean there is a bigger chance now of workers taking alcohol from one into the other type. It's the only place alcohol can be stored after all, besides the TPs (and warehouse mod).

slink

Quote from: Pangaea on October 14, 2014, 11:50:22 PM
(You've probably done this, but) have you compared thoroughly with the tavern.rsc code? To me it seems like it's pretty unique, both in performance and code. These segment appear to be important.
The brewery's code is just an edited copy of the tavern's code, so in theory the only things that were changed were, at various times, the recipes, the building's ability to to store types of items for consumption (I had to add "Clothing" to try to make ale from hide coats), the building's ability to store Alcohol permanently (the toolmaker doesn't store Tools on a permanent basis, and I added Alcohol to the barn for that experiment), the building's generation of happiness and its radius, and the variability of the number of employees (as opposed to a fixed number in the tavern).

Now that I know the recipes work, today I'm going to try the brewery with the tavern graphics.  I can't quite get out of my mind the thought that the locations of the useXXX and createXXX points may be to blame.  If the brewery fails to work using the tavern graphics, then the blame is back on the code.  I might also test the standard tavern code with the brewery graphics.  One or the other, has to be to blame, since the tavern works and the brewery doesn't.  The worst case will be that neither one works.

Or, as you pointed out, having two buildings in the game that produce alcohol is like having two churches, in that the demand for the goods or services stops with the first available type.  If this turns out to be the case, there is not much we can do because we can't touch the executable.  Actually, there is something we might be able to do.  We might be able to override the standard tavern with one that uses the "F" key to get different appearances, assuming the model tests out not to be the problem.  That would not get the label "Brewery" or "Winery" into the game, but it would get the appearances and functionality there.

slink

Thanks to all of my testers for their patience.  I finally located the problem.  My create points were named wrong.  They were missing the vital underscore, as in create001 instead of create_001, etc.  Once I had the figured out, it was only a matter of taking out all of the debug code and adjusting the use and create positions in the model.

The brewery mod is now live at version 1.  Hurrah!  *hiccup*

Fellow Villager

slink

It is posted, under MOD Downloads.  The link is under Mods Discussion.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 14, 2014, 09:30:26 AM
It turns out, that for making footprints, there is something wrong with Picture Publisher 8.  It does not handle transparency in any file type other than GIF.  I had a copy of the Gimp install files from 2008 and that program works just fine with footprints.  I'm not sure it will supplant PP8 with me for other aspects because I have a printed manual for PP8.

I use GIMP, but I hate that it doesn't have a printed manual (Does anything any more?). I sadly remember so many occasions of figuring stuff out by having the manual open next to my keyboard as I worked through learning what I needed to learn. I'm old.  ::)

I've been trying to learn Blender (Don't want to put out any money--I'm not only old, I'm cheap) without a printed manual.  >:(  :'(

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 15, 2014, 09:46:37 AM
Quote from: slink on October 14, 2014, 09:30:26 AM
It turns out, that for making footprints, there is something wrong with Picture Publisher 8.  It does not handle transparency in any file type other than GIF.  I had a copy of the Gimp install files from 2008 and that program works just fine with footprints.  I'm not sure it will supplant PP8 with me for other aspects because I have a printed manual for PP8.

I use GIMP, but I hate that it doesn't have a printed manual (Does anything any more?). I sadly remember so many occasions of figuring stuff out by having the manual open next to my keyboard as I worked through learning what I needed to learn. I'm old.  ::)

I've been trying to learn Blender (Don't want to put out any money--I'm not only old, I'm cheap) without a printed manual.  >:(  :'(

I'm using my old version of GIMP because it at least has a help executable.  I could not believe that for nearly $4000 3ds MAX doesn't come with either a manual or help files.  You have to download the 300MB-plus help files, unless you want to keep paying to read it online.  Then the tutorial is another 300MB-plus for the working files that go along with the online-only text.  I can only think that Autodesk has holdings in communications companies.

RedKetchup

when something should work and it doesnt ... and you know it should... it is always a little stupid mistake, a stupid typo wrong somewhere... but we cant never never find ^^

remember i asked you to look at 1 of my code ? a little 1 somewhere and i couldnt find it.

a little underscore .... is same ^^

RedKetchup

autodesk has SoftImage too, something at 10k$

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 15, 2014, 10:11:42 AM
autodesk has SoftImage too, something at 10k$

I looked it up, and they are offering 2015 SoftImage for the last year of the product.  They will support it with patches until 2016.  Whoopee.

If you are a subscriber (!!!) to the product they will convert your contract to either 3ds or Maya, your choice.  Who in their right minds rents software these days?  That was the way it was in the bad old days of mainframes.

Fellow Villager

i totally missed this section! sorry..however, only the brewery zip gives me some problem....can you upload in the original format?

slink

The forum doesn't support upload of pkm files.

"Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, sav, bmp"

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 15, 2014, 10:35:35 AM
Who in their right minds rents software these days?  That was the way it was in the bad old days of mainframes.

Checked out Microsoft Office 360 (or whatever they call it). They don't call it "renting," they call it "subscribing."  Another reason not to use Word. Now that I no longer work someplace that buys a site license, I use LibreOffice for those times when I have to open a .doc or .docx file.

Denis de la Rive

I tried version 2 it conflicts with Red's apiary mod, have I missed something here?